Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, it's weirdly late this time. Not sure why. I'll probably grab dinner and play some KoF until it starts; all the discussion about it has put me in the mood to play it. I still need to 100% the Gallery in XIV, so I'll likely work on that.

So I'm not the only one who thinks the timing is weird. That's good. Also, I'll probs just play some FGO, so as to get into the story and such.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

But isn't his thing damage after the encounter? He wouldn't be able to scratch a unit with that boost, though he'd pretty much put them near 1 HP for an easy followup kill.

Exactly!  Unless his target has over 70 HP, Jaffar's dagger + Poison Strike will knock the enemy down to 1.  After that, it's easy clean-up.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Exactly!  Unless his target has over 70 HP, Jaffar's dagger + Poison Strike will knock the enemy down to 1.  After that, it's easy clean-up.

I'll give you that. But then we give Shirou a custom Justice Special skill that boost damage by 80% of damage taken. And give him Vantage.

Zing!

@mcsilas Lethality would be too broken of a skill in a game where you can't dodge.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Can add Savage Blow for further laughs... and hopefully we'll get a Savage Blow seal for even more evils :D 

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, it's weirdly late this time. Not sure why. I'll probably grab dinner and play some KoF until it starts; all the discussion about it has put me in the mood to play it. I still need to 100% the Gallery in XIV, so I'll likely work on that.

Hmmm I haven't completed that yet actually. I got the DLC characters (Whip and Vanessa woooo) but haven't actually played up to the boss with them yet.

@Zeo Still weird that the Angel of Death's base kit is all about, leaving enemies near death but not actually killing them

Just now, mcsilas said:

Hmmm I haven't completed that yet actually. I got the DLC characters (Whip and Vanessa woooo) but haven't actually played up to the boss with them yet.

Unfortunately, I still don't have any of the DLC characters, despite how much I want... all of them, really. Whip? Vanessa? Rock? All great characters that I love to play as. And Yamazaki is just cool, though I'm not very good with him. I'm hoping to eventually rebuy the game on Steam and get the DLC characters and costumes there instead, since I only have it for PS4 right now.

So maintenance is scheduled to end in an hour, but the FEH Channel ends in two and a half hours.  Does that mean data miners will have an hour and a half to dig up the stuff the channel will be talking about?

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Because that would mean SI was a thing and you could give Shirou regular tomes and he has literally 0 Magical talent. All he can do is projection and reinforcement magic and technically blade tomes are swords made of literal magic rather than just plain swords. Even Archer would be dicey as a mage since he doesn't really have magical talent either. That's why Kanshou and Bakuya dagger unit suits him and Caladbolg II Archer suits his future counterpart.

Gil on the other hand could be whatever he wants because lolKingofHeroes. In fact he should get a Prf Blade tome that grants +5 to ATK and SPD (As visible buffs) if his health is over 50% and a built in Renewal just to slap you in the face.

That's easily handled by making Shirou's Prf Tome have 30 MT, but lower his BST by 15 Atk to compensate. (Of course, he'd wreck holy havoc on the lower tier arena people, but he won't be on a horse so at least you can run from him.)

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Unfortunately, I still don't have any of the DLC characters, despite how much I want... all of them, really. Whip? Vanessa? Rock? All great characters that I love to play as. And Yamazaki is just cool, though I'm not very good with him. I'm hoping to eventually rebuy the game on Steam and get the DLC characters and costumes there instead, since I only have it for PS4 right now.

Yeah Yamazaki is a bit tricky to play as, he's more of a punisher character so you need to have good reflexes. Still a fun character though with his psyochotic screams (and randomly using a Shark prop in one his specials...Shark Axe Crazy Yamazaki?)

Yeah only have the PS4 though since this was before I knew it was going to be on Steam.

@Zeo Well not necessarily Lethality, but maybe having more attack or at least on par with Kagero. Or Killer/Slaying Dagger effect. OR maybe a Wo Dao version of a dagger?

@Cute Chao And then add in the Attack Smoke seal! Reminds me of my fun Saizo AoE build with Smoke Dagger, Growing Wind, Poison Strike and Savage Blow.

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's easily handled by making Shirou's Prf Tome have 30 MT, but lower his BST by 15 Atk to compensate. (Of course, he'd wreck holy havoc on the lower tier arena people, but he won't be on a horse so at least you can run from him.)

That... is a pretty unique idea actually. He'd still be able to use other tomes, but he'd be garbage with them which makes perfect sense. He'd probably be a blue tome.

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah Yamazaki is a bit tricky to play as, he's more of a punisher character so you need to have good reflexes. Still a fun character though with his psyochotic screams (and randomly using a Shark prop in one his specials...Shark Axe Crazy Yamazaki?)

Yeah only have the PS4 though since this was before I knew it was going to be on Steam.

@Zeo Well not necessarily Lethality, but maybe having more attack or at least on par with Kagero. Or Killer/Slaying Dagger effect. OR maybe a Wo Dao version of a dagger?

Yamazaki was always pretty fun to fight. I liked his counters but he never flowed for me. Kensou was fun beacuse you could get in people's faces and use that unblockable super. I wish he had that XIV. Wish I had XIV...

A Wo Dao+ dagger would be a neat idea, if anyone gets that at this point though it'll probably be Sothe or Volke via Baselard/Peshkatz.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That... is a pretty unique idea actually. He'd still be able to use other tomes, but he'd be garbage with them which makes perfect sense. He'd probably be a blue tome.

Yamazaki was always pretty fun to fight. I liked his counters but he never flowed for me. Kensou was fun beacuse you could get in people's faces and use that unblockable super. I wish he had that XIV. Wish I had XIV...

A Wo Dao+ dagger would be a neat idea, if anyone gets that at this point though it'll probably be Sothe or Volke via Baselard/Peshkatz.

I'm just up for any buff on dagger units really.

@Zeo You can get it in Steam now at least and it's not PS4 exclusive anymore. That's something at least.

Also someone had a mythical 5 star full pull summon session:

https://faiyaemburemu.tumblr.com/post/167497834401/my-boyfriend-who-doesnt-even-like-fire-emblem-and

Spoiler

tumblr_ozfibzU4OC1w7qrwxo1_1280.png

Well damn look at all those Leos. @Tybrosion and @TheTuckingFypo

Edited by mcsilas

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So maintenance is scheduled to end in an hour, but the FEH Channel ends in two and a half hours.  Does that mean data miners will have an hour and a half to dig up the stuff the channel will be talking about?

I wonder the same thing. I guess it all comes down to whether the maintenance ends with 1.9 itself.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

https://faiyaemburemu.tumblr.com/post/167497834401/my-boyfriend-who-doesnt-even-like-fire-emblem-and

Reveal hidden contents

Four red mages... This post angers me.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm just up for any buff on dagger units really.

@Zeo You can get it in Steam now at least and it's not PS4 exclusive anymore. That's something at least.

Would be jealous but I don't really care about Leo. He's not that great of a unit imo. Steam is a possibility though. There's no room for KOF in my life right now unfortunately though. Maybe in the future.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Would be jealous but I don't really care about Leo. He's not that great of a unit imo. Steam is a possibility though. There's no room for KOF in my life right now unfortunately though. Maybe in the future.

I'm just surprised a full 5 star pull exists. I've seen those with 4 of the pulls as 5 stars but never a complete set.

Yeah since my KOF is in Ps4 it's not very portable unlike XIII on my phone, so I don't get to play it as much these days.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I wonder the same thing. I guess it all comes down to whether the maintenance ends with 1.9 itself.

I guess they could hold off the actual patch until after the FEH Channel, but that just raises the question of why they didn't plan to have the FEH Channel during maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess they could hold off the actual patch until after the FEH Channel, but that just raises the question of why they didn't plan to have the FEH Channel during maintenance.

I think we're looking at 1.9 at the end of maintenance. And I sincerely hope the reddit thread that covers datamined info has the subtitle "No, it couldn't wait 90 minutes"

Edited by Glennstavos

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

But maintenance differs from an actual update, so I don't think there's going to be anything new unless I'm mistaken.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

please don't spoil Christmas Felicia's gimmick thanks

Didn't expect that, didja?

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I think we're looking at 1.9 at the end of maintenance. And I sincerely hope the reddit thread that covers datamined info has the subtitle "No, it couldn't wait 90 minutes"

Time is money!

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

But maintenance differs from an actual update, so I don't think there's going to be anything new unless I'm mistaken.

We've had a 0.1 update every month so far, so we're due for either 1.9 or even 2.0 if they're feeling ambitious.

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Reveal hidden contents

........*right eye twitches violently* I don't even know this person, but they're dead to me all the same.

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't regret getting the PS4 version, since I preordered it and got all the nice physical goodies, but it's just so much more convenient to have games on my computer. It's also full price still on Steam though, which is a very big investment for a game I already own. Hopefully the holiday sales will be kind to me this year.

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Reveal hidden contents

All new units too... I'm suddenly less proud of the 4 5-star session I had back on the Ylissean Summer banner.

Just now, Rezzy said:

We've had a 0.1 update every month so far, so we're due for either 1.9 or even 2.0 if they're feeling ambitious.

The last few times they did maintenance, they didn't actually add anything in the maintenance itself, but they released an update almost immediately afterward. I guess the maintenance is just to prepare for a hefty update coming up soon.

@DefaultBeep Which units did you get in your lucky pull?

The most 5 stars I had in 1 session is 2, being my first 5 stars of Lyn and Merric. Although I guess not doing full pulls anymore is probably a factor.

That reminds me of me buying KOF XIII on Steam even after I got the Xbox 360 version but then completely forgot about it haha. At least SNK can have my money since they started making games again and they need the support.

@Kaden Who knew red mages existed? I finally summoned 1 off-banner Katarina last weekend and that was my first summoned red mage in my main account.