Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So what do you guys expect out of the weapon forge? I'll probably upgrade my adult TIki's Lightning Breath+ first. Anything that gives her more Defense is welcome, but if, by some miracle, they decide to give us the option to forge a Steady Breath-like effect onto it, I will be all over that since Bike refuses to come home again.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

When I saw how they displayed the weapon triangle with power/sword (red) > speed/axe (green) > magic/lance (blue) > power/sword and editing team 5 slots I immediately thought of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X and I actually was hoping for a similar set up, so really nice

Wow, it feels strange to have more than 100 orbs again in my second account.

I mean it won't stay that way for long, and I still need to grab a Halloween unit (hopefully armour) for that, but I still feel a bit accomplished I saved that much again.

As for SF people I encountered in Arena, I met @LordFrigid's team (with her nice Rawrblade Katarina) and I think Bartozio? Who was one of the fastest people to have a Camus+1 not long after his GHB. I think he had Heavy Blade.

I am so upset to say this, but I think if I don't get Nowi as my next 5* from Trick or Defeat, if I even get another 5* before the banner ends, I'll have to just give up and start on a different banner...

my hero resources have been suffering ever since the banner began, and all I've gotten out of this stupid banner is M!Corrin and another freaking Celica. My skill fodder is so low now that I can't even build a new unit even if I wanted to, but even worse to me is that this banner made me collect every orb I could get from Chain Challenges and Squad Assault, you know orbs that one would normally reserve for emergency use.

That's going a little too far. I'll contend myself with my normal Nowi if I can and try to get someone more valuable during that 8% focus 0% 5* banner...

Heroes with Pass. Not because I think Fir, Gaius, and Cordelia makes for a great banner, but because I want to see the notification try to sell us on how useful Pass is.

And then Anna at the bottom saying "whoa, have these guys heard of personal space!?"

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Our current skill banner expires tomorrow, and will most probably be replaced immediately. What will come instead?

Heroes with Glacies? Heroes with Brave Bow+? Heroes who are Klein? Heroes with Thoron+? Heroes with owl tomes? @DefaultBeep

You use strikethrough here, but I'm like 95% certain that it'll happen. I honestly don't know what I'll do if it does, though... :(

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Heroes with Pass. Not because I think Fir, Gaius, and Cordelia makes for a great banner, but because I want to see the notification try to sell us on how useful Pass is.

And then Anna at the bottom saying "whoa, have these guys heard of personal space!?"

I would actually love this banner. I could use some more free merges for the best girl in Heroes:

Spoiler

2yOwwlG.jpg

But if they really want to be kind to my heart and wallet us, then they'll give us a Defiant Defense banner... featuring Chrom, Beruka, and Henry. Surely they wouldn't be persistent enough to put Hinoka on another banner, right?

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

All maps now feature RD's height mechanic, the massive hit decrease/increase of 50 is replaced by a massive 50% Atk cut/boost. The player always starts battles on lower terrain, and one enemy is stationary, occupying the top of the one climbable space, invariably packing range 2 Firesweep weaponry. Horses cannot climb cliffs and if you want to obtain all available Orbs you cannot field a single flier. Fortunately climbing a cliff does not count as costing a point of movement.

Infantry+Pass are now your only option to win anything, as the space a cliff occupies prevents range 1 attacks against the clifftop foe. And Lunge cannot be used on range 2 units.

If Heroes has no limit other than genital exposure when it comes to the fanservice, I think I found a scene to ruin.

Medeus: 
Men, seize him!

Soldier: 
Yes sir!

Medeus: 
Throw him in a cage, and drag it behind the carriage. He'll prove a fine example of the fate that awaits those who oppose Dolhr. Strip him! Give him only enough food to keep him alive. Everyone shall laugh at the misery of their once great hero, Camus...

Camus in a cage, stripped of clothing. Now that scene is awful, is tragic, is saddening, painful to imagine! The noble Camus, tortured and humiliated so terribly! You must pity him even if you hate Camuses.

In the world of lighthearted fanservice though. This becomes Pimpdeus driving around with a caged exotic dancer Camus in his tight underwear looking totally sexy as he has a little fun dancing with a loooonnng whip.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I just remembered that Sol Katti is one of the upgradable weapons in the forge, and I think I might be more excited for that one than the other weapons now. Can I patch up my -Spd Lyn's bane? Can I make my +Atk Lyn's boon even better? Will they dare to give her Wrath or Brash Assault as an extra effect? Gah, the 28th can't come soon enough!

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey, man, I'm planning on making a cavalry team all running Pass as a defense team. :p

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

I just remembered that Sol Katti is one of the upgradable weapons in the forge, and I think I might be more excited for that one than the other weapons now. Can I patch up my -Spd Lyn's bane? Can I make my +Atk Lyn's boon even better? Will they dare to give her Wrath or Brash Assault as an extra effect? Gah, the 28th can't come soon enough!

And cue Sol Katti's upgrade giving it +5 resistance just like in Blazing Sword. Or worse: Defiant Res 2.

Speaking of resistance and stats in general, Klein has the lowest resistance of the default Glacies users with a neutral base of 24. I just realized this while thinking about inheriting random skills to units and Klein popped up who I should dump one of my many Sullys to give him Draw Back. So, I thought about the other specials and the characters with them by default.

Spoiler

With Glacies, Klein is the lowest at 24 resistance and the highest is Felicia with 35 resistance and Sakunya being right under her with 34 resistance. 11 point difference between the lowest and highest where the next lowest is Fir with 31 resistance and followed by Katarina (32).

Iceberg: Shanna is the lowest at 29 resistance followed by bride Caeda and Lloyd with 30 resistance and the highest is summer Leo with 35 resistance and Niles being under him with 34 resistance. 6 point difference and the only other user is Innes (31).

Bonfire: M!Robin is the lowest at 29 defense followed by Luke with 30 defense and the highest is summer Xander with 36 defense with adult Tiki being under him with 35 defense. 7 point difference.

Ignis: F!Robin is the lowest at 29 defense followed by Leon with 30 defense, and the highest is ToD Jakob with 33 defense with Boey and Henry being below him with 32 defense. 4 point difference.

Draconic Aura: F!Corrin is the lowest with 27 attack and the highest is Dorcas with 35 attack. 8 point difference and the other users are Camilla (30) and Alm and BH Lyn (33).

Dragon Fang: summer F!Corrin is the lowest at 31 attack and Julia is the highest with 35 attack. Like Ignis, there's a 4 point difference from low to high and the only other default users are M!Corrin (32) and Sophia (33).

Draconic Aura and Glacies have the distinction of having default users having very low stats to make use of them. This will probably change when we get more units like someone will show up with 23 defense, but has Bonfire.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And cue Sol Katti's upgrade giving it +5 resistance just like in Blazing Sword. Or worse: Defiant Res 2.

Maybe the 28th can wait after all

In seriousness, I have a feeling that the upgrades that provide extra skills won't involve just increasing stats. After all, when they showed Ephraim as the example, he could either get that extra effect, or buff one of his stats. Having something like Res+5 as another option would be a bit redundant in that case. However... Defiant Res could indeed still happen. And that scares me. I'm hopeful that they learned their mistake after the original Tyrfing, though.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden That reminds me..why DOES Dorcas have Draconic Aura? It's like starting with Brave Lyn they give random CYL units Draconic Aura even though they don't have any dragon-related things.

It was the poisoned mutton?

Bonfire doesnt sound cool enough. Ironically Bonfire is

you know

only 1 less damage than Draconic Aura

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sheep are related to dragons, duh.

You didn't know Genny was a manakete? That's why her father left her at the priory. Dragons can be dangerous, you know.

i didn't get to know Genny because FOR SOME REASON she only has 1 support and that's with Sonya

And I accidentally got Deen instead- I thought I would recruit Sonya after beating her.

Now that you mention it those hair curls look very draconic

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sheep are related to dragons, duh.

You didn't know Genny was a manakete? That's why her father left her at the priory. Dragons can be dangerous, you know.

I can see her as Fae's second cousin.

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That reminds me..why DOES Dorcas have Draconic Aura? It's like starting with Brave Lyn they give random CYL units Draconic Aura even though they don't have any dragon-related things.

Dragons like the taste of lamb. Fire Dragons cook even their own roasts.

Also, Shiva has Sol in Thracia 776, but he is no smiling sunshine with a legs and a shamshir. Skills don't have to line up with character personality/biology traits. Heroes Elincia with Death Blow anyone?

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can see her as Fae's second cousin.

Dragons like the taste of lamb. Fire Dragons cook even their own roasts.

Also, Shiva has Sol in Thracia 776, but he is no smiling sunshine with a legs and a shamshir. Skills don't have to line up with character personality/biology traits. Heroes Elincia with Death Blow anyone?

I don't think Sol, Luna, Astra are connected to personality. I think it was just because before skill inheritance in Heroes, Draconic Aura was on dragons or dragon-related character like Corrin and Camilla. But yeah just strange that's all.

I mean after all this is the game where Sigurd gets Miracle- and his best special is Bonfire. Meanwhile, Arvis and Sanaki likes to use Iceberg.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't think Sol, Luna, Astra are connected to personality. I think it was just because before skill inheritance in Heroes, Draconic Aura was on dragons or dragon-related character like Corrin and Camilla. But yeah just strange that's all.

I mean after all this is the game where Sigurd gets Miracle- and his best special is Bonfire. Meanwhile, Arvis and Sanaki likes to use Iceberg.

I assumed that CYL Lyn having Draconic Aura was Heroes finally taking a stance on the EliwoodxLyn vs EliwoodxNinian issue. Which is to say, Eliwood ends up alone (or with Hector) while Lyn/Ninian is the true canon. Although, CYL Roy does have Galeforce, so perhaps EliwoodxLyn was indeed real for a short time?

32 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I assumed that CYL Lyn having Draconic Aura was Heroes finally taking a stance on the EliwoodxLyn vs EliwoodxNinian issue. Which is to say, Eliwood ends up alone (or with Hector) while Lyn/Ninian is the true canon. Although, CYL Roy does have Galeforce, so perhaps EliwoodxLyn was indeed real for a short time?

Eliwood Harem.

He gets in on with Ninian, Lyn and Hector. Truest ending.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Eliwood Harem.

No wonder Roy and Lilina never mention their mothers. Not even the developers know which girl they actually came from.

...Oh no... this headcanon might make Roy and Lilina another Seliph and Julia situation...

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Eliwood Harem.

And then Roy comes and one-ups his dad easily with a harem twice as large. Lilina, Sophia, Cecilia, Shanna, Sue, and Larum all at the same time.

Edited by Vaximillian

33 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

No wonder Roy and Lilina never mention their mothers. Not even the developers know which girl they actually came from.

...Oh no... this headcanon might make Roy and Lilina another Seliph and Julia situation...

Maybe that is because Roy and Lilina do not have mothers to begin with. They have two dads. The developers never mentioned that the Elibe universe required one man and one woman to procreate. Eliwood and Hector have a secret affair and they became pregnant with Roy and Lilina (that is why Hector is wearing extra armor to protect his baby and hide his pregnancy; Eliwood is on a horse, so he can always just escape). Unlike Eliwood who is a sexual deviant who believes in free love (he even slept with an ice lizard), Hector worries about their children more which is why he is against Roy and Lilina being incestuous since they may produce genetically impaired offspring.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Maybe the 28th can wait after all

In seriousness, I have a feeling that the upgrades that provide extra skills won't involve just increasing stats. After all, when they showed Ephraim as the example, he could either get that extra effect, or buff one of his stats. Having something like Res+5 as another option would be a bit redundant in that case. However... Defiant Res could indeed still happen. And that scares me. I'm hopeful that they learned their mistake after the original Tyrfing, though.

Well, I'm just messing with you. :p

Sol Katti has a high critical rate and +5 resistance in Blazing Sword and Awakening. Considering that it wasn't given any kind of resistance boosting effect in the beginning and the upgrade paths for all weapons are all implied to be attack, speed, defense, and resistance, it might have its unique option being something related to high critical rate. In that case, -1 special cooldown, +10 special damage, and built-in Flashing Blade 3 could be its unique effect option. Oh, and considering that Siegmund's Hone Attack 2 was shown to be upgraded to Hone Attack 3 regardless of the upgrade option, Sol Katti would also have Desperation 3 when upgraded. That would pair very nicely with Wrath 3 and -1 special cooldown or +10 special damage would be really good as well.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden That reminds me..why DOES Dorcas have Draconic Aura? It's like starting with Brave Lyn they give random CYL units Draconic Aura even though they don't have any dragon-related things.

Draconic Aura starts with a D, so, D for Dorcas? Or DAD (Draconic Aura Dorcas)? :p

Edited by Kaden