• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Ooh, A!Tiki is on a Three Heroes. Free account needed her for Bonfire (+Def -Atk Shigure, making the most of it). Oof, however, on the other two.

Oh... I forgot about them. Looks like I'll have to figure out which 200-some dastards I'll have to kick out of my barracks.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Oh... I forgot about them. Looks like I'll have to figure out which 200-some dastards I'll have to kick out of my barracks.

Come on, just throw a handful of orbs and add the bloody slots.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Come on, just throw a handful of orbs and add the bloody slots.

Disgusting

@Kaden Stay strong my friend, the best way to get rid of units is to start building up more units, so they can die as fodder

I just built my flier emblem team and that brought me down to like 285 ~ Yahoo!

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of 499 / 550.

51 more units until cap

sounds like a waste of orbs if you're still almost up to the brim 
IMO

Last Golden Week, they give us a Hero Fest to strain our orb supply. This time. they give us a ton of free orbs but no banners out of the ordinary.

Free orbs are great, but I'm very confused by the lack of Hero Fest, especially from their perspective.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Last Golden Week, they give us a Hero Fest to strain our orb supply. This time. they give us a ton of free orbs but no banners out of the ordinary.

Free orbs are great, but I'm very confused by the lack of Hero Fest, especially from their perspective.

Legend is the new Hero fest i guess?

12 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Legend is the new Hero fest i guess?

I feel like it doesn't really count because it's something that happens every month regardless.

The Lyn banner trailer is pretty disliked on YouTube. I'm checking recent banner trailers, but I can't see any as much as disliked as the Lyn one.

19 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The Lyn banner trailer is pretty disliked on YouTube. I'm checking recent banner trailers, but I can't see any as much as disliked as the Lyn one.

That is interesting. A pretty sizable portion of the Japanese audience seems pretty pissed, with 592:455. The international audience reaction seems more tame with 3.7K:1.3K but the increase in the dislike ratio is still pretty clear.

The only thing left for players to do is to follow up on their words by giving Intelligent Systems less money on this banner compared to other banners. If that does not happen, then the developers will probably see the dislikes as just a vocal minority being loud.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is interesting. A pretty sizable portion of the Japanese audience seems pretty pissed, with 592:455. The international audience reaction seems more tame with 3.7K:1.3K but the increase in the dislike ratio is still pretty clear.

The only thing left for players to do is to follow up on their words by giving Intelligent Systems less money on this banner compared to other banners. If that does not happen, then the developers will probably see the dislikes as just a vocal minority being loud.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't any trailer in recent times over 1k dislikes. 

@VaximillianNaoishe

39 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't any trailer in recent times over 1k dislikes. 

Yeah. The second most disliked video in recent times is Fell Vessel English trailer at 399. It is pretty safe to say that it is unprecedented to have any video with more than 500 dislikes. Going over a 1,000 is a sign that something went wrong, especially if the previous Focus (Wings of Fate) was relatively well received, so you know that it is not just a trend of decreasing approval ratings over time, although decreasing approval ratings over time is also a huge but slightly different problem.

We just have to wait and see in a couple of months whether they scale back on alts. If they do, then we know that approval ratings have a strong correlation to revenue since businesses would not suddenly change their sales model unless it seriously hurt their sales. As @Ice Dragon has said, the developers probably would not be able to change their character releases in the near future, so they will have to bite the bullet and endure lower approval ratings and potentially lower revenue for a while if the next few Foci featuring new Heroes are also heavy on alts.

Edited by XRay

Honestly, if out of the blue that other new hero banner manages to have Kent and Sain on it to go with the Legendary Lyn, I would be over the moon, despite her being the fifth Lyn in the game.

More likely, with the next banner having another alt or three, the salt levels will rise even further and I'm not sure if I'll still be salty or just weary... Soon to see, soon to see...

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

More likely, with the next banner having another alt or three, the salt levels will rise even further and I'm not sure if I'll still be salty or just weary... Soon to see, soon to see...

There is no better time to be salty than now actually. You want to capitalize on the current wave of salty momentum. If salts are able to unite, send lots of negative Feedback, hit that dislike button often enough, and convince whales and dolphins to scale back their spending on Foci with alts, that will send a strong message to Intelligent Systems.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

There is no better time to be salty than now actually. If salts are able to unite, send negative Feedback, hit that dislike button often enough, and convince whales to scale back their spending on Foci with alts, that will send a strong message to Intelligent Systems.

I've sent feedback just about every day. I'm surprised they haven't blocked me.

Whales will spend on what they want to. Ice Dragon on here has told me their reasoning behind what they spend on, and it's fair enough. Sometimes I wonder if it just the extra vocal minority that I'm part of, but that sucks, 'cos it's really destroying the game for me.

I don't think I can ever walk away from it, though, 'cos there are still new characters and maps that I love. So I'm stuck in a bit of a rut. I'll keep sending feedback, but probably will grow less vocal on the forums because you just spend all the time arguing with people and it gets tiresome.

I’m just tired of being bitter all the time, but they and the decisions they make just don’t help. And I like this game for some reason. But what was supposed to be a celebration and promotion for the whole series devolved into a treadmill for a handful of the same specifically selected characters over and over again.

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Bit annoying to have to beat Tap Battle Hector in hard difficulty for the quest, first time I've had to go on hard mode for anything (though I tried it a couple times during the first event). Oh well, I'll take my B rating and move on, but I'm concerned that I might not be able to beat it if the quest asks for level 100 on hard or somesuch. I've seen clear videos of that and it looked absolutely terrifying.

You can clear any battle on Casual blindfolded by just quickly tapping repeatedly.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m just tired of being bitter all the time, but they and the decisions they make just don’t help. And I like this game for some reason. But what was supposed to be a celebration and promotion for the whole series devolved into a treadmill for a handful of the same specifically selected characters over and over again.

You've pretty much put my thoughts into words. At the moment, I both love and hate the game. Love the care they put into it, hate some of the decisions they've recently started making for it -.-

The lords already get the most development in their games. I wouldn't mind the alts so much if they actually did bring more minor characters into it (heck, just expand the 3* pool or something...). I think my main thing is losing all hope that my middling favourites just won't get in when the top favourites can be rehashed and repeated...

@XRay

I did my best on Reddit but I just got tired of it in the end. I don't know the figures behind it all (saleswise) and anecdotal evidence of several friends of mine either leaving the game or not playing much any more, because they've got bored of waiting for their own favourites, doesn't cut it (which I can understand). All we can do is wait and see (and feedback some more).

Edited by Cute Chao

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Whales will spend on what they want to. Ice Dragon on here has told me their reasoning behind what they spend on, and it's fair enough. Sometimes I wonder if it just the extra vocal minority that I'm part of, but that sucks, 'cos it's really destroying the game for me.

You just need to present a solid counterargument to their reasoning, although it is difficult to argue against LOTW!Lyn since she scores better than Gunnthrá and got Spd Tactic.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I just built my flier emblem team and that brought me down to like 285 ~ Yahoo!

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of 499 / 550.

How can you guys function?? I have trouble getting down to 1000 when I need to make room...

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

How can you guys function?? I have trouble getting down to 1000 when I need to make room...

Just how much fodder do you have? Have you considered doing something with your free units?