Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

From a gameplay perspective, do you think the Christmas fighter skills are balanced? As in armors only.

Vengeful Fighter is fine. Bold Fighter is broken.

Bold Fighter will stop being broken and just be really, really good the moment we get a Guard Sacred Seal.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Y'all say Faye is Firesweep Trash, and others use Firesweep better, undeniable, yet I will remain stubborn and keep my first Faye (+Atk -Res) no matter how desperately I need another Firesweep Bow, because goddamnit I'm a freaking idiot.

...though I did fortunately have a spare Faye to feed my Hinoka.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Y'all say Faye is Firesweep Trash, and others use Firesweep better, undeniable, yet I will remain stubborn and keep my first Faye (+Atk -Res) no matter how desperately I need another Firesweep Bow, because goddamnit I'm a freaking idiot.

Faye is perfectly fine as a Firesweep archer. She can use Firesweep Bow-Poison Strike-Poison Strike just as well as anyone else if she got Dancer/Singer support. Without Dancer/Singer support, she is lacking a little.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I would use Faye if Guard Bow were available without using my precious gold rocks. I have a [+Res, -Spd] one sitting there impatiently waiting for a Guard Bow.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Did someone say Brave Bow-Bold Fighter?

A thing of beauty right there. I need another Hardin for that...

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd rather use Jakob for his broken-as-fuck Brave Bow Bold Fighter build.

Spoiler

bC4FK2f.png?1

*has hit the 5000 HM cap and 9999 SP cap since this screenshot

My only regret is that, as a non-whale, getting him to +10 is pretty much an impossibility. He's always available for use in Rival Domains if any of you guys want a taste of this power.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Faye is perfectly fine as a Firesweep archer. She can use Firesweep Bow-Poison Strike-Poison Strike just as well as anyone else if she got Dancer/Singer support. With Dancer/Singer support, she is lacking a little.

I kinda feel ANYONE can run FS+PSPS at this point.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I would use Faye if Guard Bow were available without using my precious gold rocks. I have a [+Res, -Spd] one sitting there impatiently waiting for a Guard Bow.

Precious gold rocks aside, I'd probably make my own Faye a Guard Bow user to if I could just get pity broken by not-Lyn and not-Brave Roy and get some more diverse skill fodder of the Distant Defense variety...

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

bC4FK2f.png?1

*has hit the 5000 HM cap and 9999 SP cap since this screenshot

My only regret is that, as a non-whale, getting him to +10 is pretty much an impossibility. He's always available for use in Rival Domains if any of you guys want a taste of this power.

Evil. Plain evil.

I'm gonna have to have my Lucius police that Jakob for an extended period of time...

Just now, Xenomata said:

I kinda feel ANYONE can run FS+PSPS at this point.

Hm... That is true.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd gladly give my neutral one a Guard Bow set if DD3 fodder wasn't such a pain. I'd need an extra Micaiah or 2 Celicas/2 Rhajats (so I can keep the first) before that happens. For now she's just running a budget damage spread set and never actually sees use..

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A thing of beauty right there. I need another Hardin for that...

Pulling LIssa four times before pulling Chrom once back on Winter's Envoy most definitely had its advantages. Now I just need to get around to giving my now +Atk Effie (one of the other Bold Fighter recipients) that Brave Lance+ so that she can also reach juggernaut status. Though unlike Jakob, I actually can and more than likely will +10 her (+2 currently, only need two more copies to have enough). And I need Hardin just to have Hardin...

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd gladly give my neutral one a Guard Bow set if DD3 fodder wasn't such a pain. I'd need an extra Micaiah or 2 Celicas/2 Rhajats (so I can keep the first) before that happens. For now she's just running a budget damage spread set and never actually sees use..

Yeah... that, too.

I really want to punch whoever it was that decided to keep Rhajat a 5-star exclusive.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vengeful Fighter is fine. Bold Fighter is broken.

Bold Fighter will stop being broken and just be really, really good the moment we get a Guard Sacred Seal.

What I'd do for a guard seal. Though IS would just release the blow version of breaths just to add a tinge of whalebait to overcome balance

It's kinda amusing that Leif almost got into Melee instead of Roy. Leif was even considered first and wanted by Sakurai, but they ended up on Roy due to IS wanting that (probably to help sales in the upcoming Binding Blade). We'd have gotten CYL Leif if IS just said yes all those years ago

Edited by silveraura25

7 hours ago, Hawk King said:

So if you have no 5*+10 projects, what do you spend your feathers on? Just because you might get stuck at +5 or +6 doesn't mean that the extra stats won't help.

Random 3* units I want to dump their skills on people. Seriously, that's what I've been doing since I've ran out of people I want to build. The last two units I can recall desperately wanting to build were Arvis and Lyon because of my lack of red mages who were not Raigh and Sophia, not -Atk or -Def Henry, and not -Atk or -Spd Tharja. I was starved of red mages until Arvis and Lyon came along and the first legendary banner was basically a pity banner for me to get Celica. Now, the game's handing me out red mages because of course it would do that after everyone was able to get Arvis and Lyon and after I've been able to get decent red mages. Same shit's been occurring with archers after BH Lyn was made available for everyone. It's not like Klein, Leon, and goddamned Takumi couldn't show up earlier. Nope, had to be after BH Lyn and the other CYL1 units were released. This piece of shit game sometimes. Anyway, I digress.

What doesn't help is that recent units have good default skill sets. Most of the time, it's give them a (different) C passive so they can work with other teams better because most of the time, they already have assists, specials, and A and/or B passives that they already want.

8 hours ago, Hawk King said:

This is just silly. It is completely free with no drawbacks to it.

Except for the agony that is figuring out who to support who with and who is my favorite out of the bunch. :p

You can sum up everything as irrational. Completely and utterly irrational. There is no real, justifiable reason for why I refuse to use merged units, the support system, Light's Blessings, and probably a bunch of other things I've forgot about in the game. I just don't want to. It's like in a RPG where instead of saving powerful items for emergencies, I refuse to use them not as a challenge, but because I simply do not care.

31 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Random 3* units I want to dump their skills on people. Seriously, that's what I've been doing since I've ran out of people I want to build. The last two units I can recall desperately wanting to build were Arvis and Lyon because of my lack of red mages who were not Raigh and Sophia, not -Atk or -Def Henry, and not -Atk or -Spd Tharja. I was starved of red mages until Arvis and Lyon came along and the first legendary banner was basically a pity banner for me to get Celica. Now, the game's handing me out red mages because of course it would do that after everyone was able to get Arvis and Lyon and after I've been able to get decent red mages. Same shit's been occurring with archers after BH Lyn was made available for everyone. It's not like Klein, Leon, and goddamned Takumi couldn't show up earlier. Nope, had to be after BH Lyn and the other CYL1 units were released. This piece of shit game sometimes. Anyway, I digress.

What doesn't help is that recent units have good default skill sets. Most of the time, it's give them a (different) C passive so they can work with other teams better because most of the time, they already have assists, specials, and A and/or B passives that they already want.

Except for the agony that is figuring out who to support who with and who is my favorite out of the bunch. :p

You can sum up everything as irrational. Completely and utterly irrational. There is no real, justifiable reason for why I refuse to use merged units, the support system, Light's Blessings, and probably a bunch of other things I've forgot about in the game. I just don't want to. It's like in a RPG where instead of saving powerful items for emergencies, I refuse to use them not as a challenge, but because I simply do not care.

Oh yeah. Choosing who to ally support with who is dreadful since I quite often switch up my team composition.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I really want to punch whoever it was that decided to keep Rhajat a 5-star exclusive.

Yeah, we need our 4-Star Distant Defense... I want one to give it to my +Atk -Spd Faye.

Ally support is such an annoying mechanic even though it is a net positive when set up. 

I remember that I gave Eirika a support with Nino because they pair perfectly but after all this time I barely use Nino anymore and while I should support her with either Cordelia or Sheena I'm too lazy to be changing supports like that. Same with a bunch of units I supported Ike with Hector and Nowi with Bride Lyn when supports became available but now I never use any of those 4 together or that it seems my B!Lyn has a support with Airzura for some reason. I think I gave up on using that mechanic because most of the time I end up forgetting which characters have supports with others and having to make teams to fit them is just so annoying.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I think I gave up on using that mechanic because most of the time I end up forgetting which characters have supports with others and having to make teams to fit them is just so annoying.

Same here. The units I've paired don't even get fielded together all that often since most PvE and AA stuff just has me throwing in counters for exactly what the map demands. Only in the very rare case in arena when I see my Cordelia fails to get a kill from one tile but does on one closer to Camilla do I go "oh yeah, supports." Usually it doesn't make or break a kill, so I forget it's even there a lot of the time.

Kinda makes me wish there was a more visual element to it, like how in Awakening/Fates you'd see the support grade over the heads of allies relative to who you're hovering over. And with pair up in battle it'd show the boosts you were getting from the supporting ally.

My main Team I use for Arena and Arena defense is all paired up. After that, I mostly use support for TTs. I use the same units till they hit 5000 HM so they mind as well be paired up while doing it.

Oh and PA!Azura is paired up with Genny because those two can win just about any fight.

Maybe I'm just cruel, but I hope that Gunnthra appears as one of the new Halloween units this year. Something related to fire or being undead because we all know what happened to the good sister.

Actually, a Halloween banner made up of Flora, Gunnthra, Rinea, and Sigurd would be amazingly evil. Is there anyone else in Fire Emblem who dies to fire that could work as a TT unit or something?

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Maybe I'm just cruel, but I hope that Gunnthra appears as one of the new Halloween units this year. Something related to fire or being undead because we all know what happened to the good sister.

Actually, a Halloween banner made up of Flora, Gunnthra, Rinea, and Sigurd would be amazingly evil. Is there anyone else in Fire Emblem who dies to fire that could work as a TT unit or something?

Could Ephidel count? I'm pretty sure he gets burnt alive by a dragon. 

Though I think the idea of him even making it into the game, never mind getting an alt, is highly unlikely. 

35 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Actually, a Halloween banner made up of Flora, Gunnthra, Rinea, and Sigurd would be amazingly evil.

Yup, it'd definitely be amazingly evil and not incredibly tiring and old. Those "jokes" / memes were never funny to begin with and it has gotten to point where I just groan every time one of them comes up. I seriously wish they would just die by fire and stay dead already.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I seriously wish they would just die by fire and stay dead already.

I seriously wish IS would finally bury the worst of their idiotic tropes instead of fanning the fire.
(bad pun intended)

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Could Ephidel count? I'm pretty sure he gets burnt alive by a dragon. 

Though I think the idea of him even making it into the game, never mind getting an alt, is highly unlikely. 

Ephidel, the Begnion Army, the Valm Navy, Sigurd's army, Scarlet, the herons of Serenes Forest, probably more I can't think of right now.

It would probably be a shorter list to list those who die by means other than fire.

36 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup, it'd definitely be amazingly evil and not incredibly tiring and old. Those "jokes" / memes were never funny to begin with and it has gotten to point where I just groan every time one of them comes up. I seriously wish they would just die by fire and stay dead already.

I was thinking of it more as them being able to have a theme that could work for Halloween as undead creatures who happen to all died in a fire. Problem is that if they're all fiery undead, then the banner would be made up of four reds which would kind of crappy. If we're just going to undead, then a lot of other people could work like Eldigan, Emmeryn, and Yen'fay.

Anyway, so like how Azura, the Black Knight?, Camus/Sirius, Conrad, Gerome, Legion, Lucina, and Saizo could all work for a masked ball banner which I don't know if it would work for Halloween, but it would be pretty neat. Gerome and Saizo being bashful dance partners would be fun.

Otherwise, I'm not sure who else could work for a Halloween banner other than the Festival of Bonds stuff from Fates, the morphs from Blazing Blade and witches from Gaiden/SoV, or any of the transform units.