eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

BEHOLD! My -SPD Shigure!

  Reveal hidden contents

qwCDhDB.png?1

I mean...even without buffs, he's still pretty great. I'm giving him an S-Support with my Summer Corrin... And to be honest, I may end up switching over my summoner support from Merric... I really hope he drops down to 4 stars. I want to +10 him soooo badly. ...and maybe eventually get a copy that isn't -SPD. XD )

 

Wow, amazing dedication :D

I adore Shigure, although I haven't even started levelling mine. I need another 22k feathers to have enough team members to level him with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zeo A bit of a late reply, but a Dorcas would be nice. Free DC axe unit with a free A slot an QR in his skillset?

I also need a Hardin. I lack blue armour units in general, so either him or LA Lyn when she comes back would be great for my arena core. Right now Alfonse is my 'blue' unit- he has Swordbreaker I guess.

@Rafiel's Aria Darn. Too bad about the natures but Shigure is pretty fast anyway so -Spd isn't as bad compared to other units.

The artist really made him super shiny haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rezzy Hey, guess who's a bonus unit for the arena this week! ^^ Hint, she's in your avy. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Freddy to be one. But at least I have a lot of choices right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, XRay said:

That would make ranged units obsolete, since melee units have much higher stat totals.

Bows are the counterparts to dragonstones. Both Weapons can be inherited by any color, but dragon stones are magical melee weapons while bows are physical ranged weapons. Colored bows are there to fill out the physical ranged type of Weapons. We are currently lacking a physical melee Weapon that is colorless.

Physical Melee
Sword
Axe
Lance

Magical Melee
Red Breath
Blue Breath
Green Breath
Coloreless Breath

Physical Ranged
Red Bow
Blue Bow
Green Bow
Colorless Bow
Colorless Dagger

Magical Ranged
Red Tome
Blue Tome
Green Tome
Staff

I am going to disagree with you here. 

While archers for the most part don't get debuffs, buffs, or healing, they do get extra damage against flyers. This helps them negate the terrain advantage flyers get. Flying units can use iote shield but it is in short supply and the PVE maps tends to use it sparingly. Range melee reds, blues, and greens could cover a space that mages can't at the moment, but they would be vulnerable to flying units of the opposing color. 

Range melee does not has to have the same stats as regular melee. It can be in the same range as what bows and mages get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy Hey, guess who's a bonus unit for the arena this week! ^^ Hint, she's in your avy. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Freddy to be one. But at least I have a lot of choices right now.

Really?  That's great, I can run full horse emblem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

While archers for the most part don't get debuffs, buffs, or healing, they do get extra damage against flyers. This helps them negate the terrain advantage flyers get. Flying units can use iote shield but it is in short supply and the PVE maps tends to use it sparingly.

I am not sure how that is relevant.

12 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Range melee reds, blues, and greens could cover a space that mages can't at the moment, but they would be vulnerable to flying units of the opposing color. 

Ranged melee units would not cover for mages, they would make mages obsolete. Melee units have a higher stat total, so there is no point in running mages for ranged combat since you can just use melee units with a ranged Weapon.

14 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Range melee does not has to have the same stats as regular melee. It can be in the same range as what bows and mages get. 

Then how are ranged melee units different from colored archers?

If ranged melee units are going to be a completely separate class of units from regular melee units, that also means that ranged melee units cannot share any Weapons with their melee melee unit counterparts, or else players can just inherit ranged melee Weapons to regular melee units to avoid the stat penalty of ranged units.

Colored archers achieve the same objectives as ranged melee units, as well as being easier to implement than ranged melee units. The developers can make the current variety of bows inheritable to all colors instead of creating dozens of Weapons for each separate color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I am going to disagree with you here. 

While archers for the most part don't get debuffs, buffs, or healing, they do get extra damage against flyers. This helps them negate the terrain advantage flyers get. Flying units can use iote shield but it is in short supply and the PVE maps tends to use it sparingly. Range melee reds, blues, and greens could cover a space that mages can't at the moment, but they would be vulnerable to flying units of the opposing color. 

Range melee does not has to have the same stats as regular melee. It can be in the same range as what bows and mages get. 

You would need new weapon types for "ranged melee", otherwise you could just inherit the range 2 weapons onto better stated units.  If you have three new weapon classes, then they have pretty limited capabilities because of lack of available weapons to inherit.  Not to mention, what weapon icon are you going to use to that intuitively indicates that this sword user is a ranged sword?

It's better to take the existing ranged physical weapons and add colors.  It avoids both needing to introduce inheritance fodder, and provides icons that are easily identifiable as ranged at a glance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Really?  That's great, I can run full horse emblem!

Yep! I saw it in a tweet.

...Yeah, here it is!

Titania's there!

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5Wco014.jpg

Being able to do this pleases me greatly. I also just noticed how much darker the eyes on her newer version are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

I am not sure how that is relevant.

 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Then how are ranged melee units different from colored archers?

The biggest difference is that colored bows retain effective damage damage against flying units. Now they get color advantage on top of that. They will be able to check flyers and have an easier time against armors. At the moment bows with the exception of firesweep bow and maybe princess warrior bow (ill check when I get her) have difficulty against armors with distant attack.  Colored bows will have an easier time with color advantage and the ability to use triangle adept.. 

Mages sweep the floor with bladetomes and desperation. They are able to one shot or with desperation take down a unit in one turn of combat. There is no melee weapon usable by the player with that effect. Now we have more units that are effective against horses and armors. Their last function is to check grey units with raven tomes. At the moment there is no melee unit that is effective against colorless (F!Grima is a different exception). 

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

You would need new weapon types for "ranged melee", otherwise you could just inherit the range 2 weapons onto better stated units. 

SI is able to lock weapons and prevent them from being used in inheritance. Fire Emblem as a series already has a list of notable ranged melee weapons, like the javelin, magic swords, hand axe, tomahawk (currently in use by Dorcas), among others. At the moment the weapons have range information. SI should have little through in finding a new icon for range melee weapons.  

In a few days we will see how legendary Lynn plays out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

SI is able to lock weapons and prevent them from being used in inheritance. Fire Emblem as a series already has a list of notable ranged melee weapons, like the javelin, magic swords, hand axe, tomahawk (currently in use by Dorcas), among others. At the moment the weapons have range information. SI should have little through in finding a new icon for range melee weapons.  

In a few days we will see how legendary Lynn plays out. 

You want them to turn javelins and other weapons into PRFs, and ignore the fact that this makes weapon types more confusing for newcomers, because you think a unit having both effective against flying and colored advantage will be overpowered?  You realize that Merric has had this combination from the start of the game, and has never been considered overpowered, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yep! I saw it in a tweet.

...Yeah, here it is!

Titania's there!

It's nice to see her as a random bonus unit.  The only sad thing is that Camus is a bonus unit next week, too, and I've gotten him merged up, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rezzy said:

It's nice to see her as a random bonus unit.  The only sad thing is that Camus is a bonus unit next week, too, and I've gotten him merged up, too.

Use them both! They're both horses, so you can still run a horse team. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

Edited by Zeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

I've got 180.  I might use a few trying to get Horseless Brave Lyn, but I'm mostly going to try to save for the next new banner.  It would be nice to get some new Elibe characters that aren't alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

I'm at 90 right now, soon to be a mite higher after I clear a few of the Golden Week Lunatic quests. I've never had this many before either, makes me feel pretty alright about my odds of getting Lyn/Inigo.

Golden Week has been super generous, though barely pulling on the Wings of Fate banner also helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

140 after Hinoka bodied me for about 300. I was going to save for brides and beyond but I have so few units on this legendary banner and most of them would be really nice to get, so I'll pull anyway. Anyone on green and colorless would be especially nice (minus Jakob since I already have him).

Hopefully the next new heroes banner should be a safe skip, but I'm a bit scared it could be a second Fates banner. I'm just hoping it's not, my orbs can't handle all this after what Hinoka did.

Edited by Alkaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

Pretty much since Legendary banners have been a thing, I haven't used orbs anywhere else. I'm up to 410, some of which being left over from last month (I'm good at telling myself to stop summoning).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going all in for Inigo. I need more green raven users so I can get through Arena Assault more quickly and him being a dancer makes him a top choice. Tier 18 and 19 still has a ton of Brave Lyn and Reinhardt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

Currently have 249 in my main anf I haven’t finished all the orb quests yet. Second account has 259.

big record for me either way. Those ghb 2 quests were the biggest boost to my orb supply.

i just hope green orbs appear in the legendary banner. I’ve been waiting for Inigo, Henry and Jakob for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Wow, amazing dedication :D

I adore Shigure, although I haven't even started levelling mine. I need another 22k feathers to have enough team members to level him with...

Oh? So you're planning to promote someone to be on a team with him? 

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo A bit of a late reply, but a Dorcas would be nice. Free DC axe unit with a free A slot an QR in his skillset?

I also need a Hardin. I lack blue armour units in general, so either him or LA Lyn when she comes back would be great for my arena core. Right now Alfonse is my 'blue' unit- he has Swordbreaker I guess.

@Rafiel's Aria Darn. Too bad about the natures but Shigure is pretty fast anyway so -Spd isn't as bad compared to other units.

The artist really made him super shiny haha

I just like thinking about how scary he'll be if I manage to snag a copy with a more optimal nature. :3 I can be patient. 

When his alt first came out, I wasn't sure if I liked the art style all that much, but now that he's here again, it's grown on me. I think the shininess fits him. XD 

 

@Zeo After Arena orbs, I'm currently sitting on 65. (And I've got about 8 more orbs I can grind out of Chain Challenges.) I'd probably be closer to 100 if I hadn't spent my last 30 before Golden Week on that last Shigure. I think my previous record is close to 150ish back when I had this silly thought that my willpower to save until CYL was strong enough...but that didn't last long. Right now, I'm trying to spend fewer orbs and less money on the game in general, so I'm trying to get a stockpile of 200. Right now, I don't really have any plans to pull on the Legendary banner even though Henry is tempting.... I want more Inigo and Shigure, but I don't need them. I'll probably pull green, blue, or colorless on my free pull (watch me get all reds). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh? So you're planning to promote someone to be on a team with him? 

No one for him specifically, I just like to train my people up in fours :D 

I have a goal to try and get every 3-4* up to 5* (which has increased with the recent mass of demotions). So I plan to promote a red, green and colourless to train with him, unless I happen to pull someone of those colours ^.^ 

I do very much want to use him, though. He's one of my favourites. Just so sweet :D (and my god, he sings <3 ) 

Edited by Cute Chao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No one for him specifically, I just like to train my people up in fours :D 

I have a goal to try and get every 3-4* up to 5* (which has increased with the recent mass of demotions). So I plan to promote a red, green and colourless to train with him, unless I happen to pull someone of those colours ^.^ 

I do very much want to use him, though. He's one of my favourites. Just so sweet :D (and my god, he sings <3 ) 

Oooooh. That makes sense! You have way more willpower than I do. I had a hard enough time waiting for double SP weekend to level him up. XD Hope you can promote someone else sooner rather than later. 

I know right?!? I wasn't going to pull for him until I heard his voice clips. And I melted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oooooh. That makes sense! You have way more willpower than I do. I had a hard enough time waiting for double SP weekend to level him up. XD Hope you can promote someone else sooner rather than later. 

I know right?!? I wasn't going to pull for him until I heard his voice clips. And I melted. 

He was the only one I wanted, so I went for it :D I have his other version, too, but funnily enough, he only speaks about singing for me and doesn't actually do it! 

I'm close now, since arena has finished. I was hoping we'd get Kaze at 5*, but not luck there. He'll probably be the colourless that I promote, though :) 

Problem is, I also pulled a CYL!Lucina and I plan to pull an Ephraim, and maybe a Micaiah. I can level Micaiah up with him, though, since at least she's not the same type, so then it would just be a red and green/colourless I need (green is less of a priority 'cos there aren't many of those left for me to do). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.