Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

36 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria I think it's also because his default attire is mostly white so he looks extra shiny

I actually prefer his singer outfit now, I'm so used to it.

I've always preferred his darker outfit, but then I do with Azura, too. I don't know if it's just because I tend to prefer black to white, but I think it goes nicely with their hair and eye colour, too. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

I have been saving orbs for 3 months since I knew H!Jakob would be coming back soon, so I am at 650 orbs right now.  I am going in to the legendary banner for H!Jakob and I really hope I manage to pull him this time because that 5.25% pity rate on the Halloween banner was extremely annoying.

Edited by EricaofRenais

4 hours ago, Rezanator said:

The biggest difference is that colored bows retain effective damage damage against flying units. Now they get color advantage on top of that. They will be able to check flyers and have an easier time against armors. At the moment bows with the exception of firesweep bow and maybe princess warrior bow (ill check when I get her) have difficulty against armors with distant attack.  Colored bows will have an easier time with color advantage and the ability to use triangle adept.. 

Mages sweep the floor with bladetomes and desperation. They are able to one shot or with desperation take down a unit in one turn of combat. There is no melee weapon usable by the player with that effect. Now we have more units that are effective against horses and armors. Their last function is to check grey units with raven tomes. At the moment there is no melee unit that is effective against colorless (F!Grima is a different exception). 

That makes ranged melee units downright awful if you give them nothing. They do not have advantage against fliers, they are crap against armors, have no Weapon variety, and have the BST of ranged units.

Warrior Princess is not that great against armor units without Windsweep/Watersweep, and those two skills ruin WOF!Hinoka's performance. Desperation is nice when she can safely activate it, but if she cannot, she would just be taking up valuable space on the map and get in the way. Desperation is harder to activate in the higher score ranges due to the high bulk and damage that Distant Counter units have, and frail mages become rarer and rarer the higher the score is.

Blade mages no longer sweep the floor in higher score ranges due to the prevalence of dragons and other high bulk Distant Counter units. Getting into Desperation range is increasingly difficult and it is easier to just run Firesweep archers to nuke things down in 2 rounds of combat with Dancer/Singer support. Blade mages can still pull their own weight, but they can no longer carry a team like they used to a year ago.

Making effective melee Weapons inheritable to ranged melee units, but range melee Weapons not inheritable to regular melee units, would be confusing and complicated.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'll be hitting 100 orbs soon. It's officially a record for me, I've never had this many orbs at once. 80 was my previous record.

What's your stock look like? Do you guys plan on spending on the Legendary Banner or are you more interested in Hardin, Dorcas, Zelgius/Ryoma? Or the next New Heroes banner?

I have 215 right now. I’m going for Jakob, Shigure, and Henry, so hopefully it’ll be enough orbs. If I still have any left after this banner, I’ll probably try again for the other Shigure. (I need ALL the Shigure I love him so much!!! ^_^)

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

He's one of my favourites. Just so sweet :D (and my god, he sings <3 ) 

He sings??? I need him even more now! :D 

4 hours ago, Johann said:

Pretty much since Legendary banners have been a thing, I haven't used orbs anywhere else. I'm up to 410, some of which being left over from last month (I'm good at telling myself to stop summoning).

This is really smart. I am at a record 430 orbs, far more than I've ever hoarded before. All these new hero banner alts have killed much of my enthusiasm with new banners. At least legendary banner, 8%, no pity breakers. It is the ultimate banner for FTP, you can just get a bunch of top tier powerhouses at great rate.

Nothing is guaranteed but the chances are much better to come out ahead.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This is really smart. I am at a record 430 orbs, far more than I've ever hoarded before. All these new hero banner alts have killed much of my enthusiasm with new banners. At least legendary banner, 8%, no pity breakers. It is the ultimate banner for FTP, you can just get a bunch of top tier powerhouses at great rate.

Nothing is guaranteed but the chances are much better to come out ahead.

I agree after trying for Myrrh only to get no 5*s at all I decided I would only pull on legendary banners and then only if they have someone I want on them.  It feels good to not have to stress to much about pity breakers and to have a stock pile of orbs for when units I need show up on a legendary banner.

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unprecedented... @eclipse

After the reset I'm going to have 100 orbs and 100k feathers.

Must... wait.. for... reset. Not going to spend a single orb until I do.

Reset?  What's that?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Desperation is harder to activate in the higher score ranges due to the high bulk and damage that Distant Counter units have, and frail mages become rarer and rarer the higher the score is.

Correction: Desperation is easier to activate the higher your own merge level is because for every +1 to Atk that your opponents get, you get +2 bulk at the same merge level. Once you've gotten your team to the point where opponents are all +10, every point of HP, Def, and Res you get from a merge level past that point is free bulk because your opponents can't get above the +10 that they're already at.

The only problem lies when your ranged unit is under-merged (like when I field my +0 Cecilia in Arena Assault) or you're not using defensive buffs (which happens more often with infantry mages because it's harder to fit those buffs into your team).

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Reset?  What's that?

I think @Zeo meant the daily reset

Also just grabbed my AA feathers and I'm now just over 300k feathers! :D

...yeh I'm bad at hoarding haha. To be fair I don't really have the time to train units these days. Although I should since it's double EXP and SP right now because of Golden Week.

Maybe I should finally promote Azama..

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Reset?  What's that?

The next day for the game. Around 3:00 AM EST until daylight savings comes around again.

What mcsilas said. And speaking of @mcsilas I was just about to feel special about having 100k feathers and then you dropped that 300k bomb on me... But to be fair, if I hadn't given Nino 4 merges, given Faye a Guard Bow+, given a merge to Lukas and promote a ton of *3 units for fodder and *4 +10s I'd have around 240k myself so can't beat myself up. Saving up these feathers for the big summon tomorrow. Matthew, Nino, Lukas, Chrom. Any one of these units is an merge.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The next day for the game. Around 3:00 AM EST until daylight savings comes around again.

What mcsilas said. And speaking of @mcsilas I was just about to feel special about having 100k feathers and then you dropped that 300k bomb on me... But to be fair, if I hadn't given Nino 4 merges, given Faye a Guard Bow+, given a merge to Lukas and promote a ton of *3 units for fodder and *4 +10s I'd have around 240k myself so can't beat myself up. Saving up these feathers for the big summon tomorrow. Matthew, Nino, Lukas, Chrom. Any one of these units is an instant 20k promotion.

I mean, you are putting those feathers to good use with those merges at least :P

I'm just suffering from indecision on whether to promote my favourites or promote for + versions of weapons.

I didn't realise the new banner would come so soon. May completely snuck up on me.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Correction: Desperation is easier to activate the higher your own merge level is because for every +1 to Atk that your opponents get, you get +2 bulk at the same merge level. Once you've gotten your team to the point where opponents are all +10, every point of HP, Def, and Res you get from a merge level past that point is free bulk because your opponents can't get above the +10 that they're already at.

The only problem lies when your ranged unit is under-merged (like when I field my +0 Cecilia in Arena Assault) or you're not using defensive buffs (which happens more often with infantry mages because it's harder to fit those buffs into your team).

The increased bulk definitely helps your unit get into Desperation range, but players in higher score ranges also have more resources to devote into their defense teams. Often times there is not a safe way to get units into Desperation range as a lot of units have builds that are designed to kill frail range units in one hit on the counter, and the random Chill Spd can really screw with a nuke's performance.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean, you are putting those feathers to good use with those merges at least :P

I'm just suffering from indecision on whether to promote my favourites or promote for + versions of weapons.

I didn't realise the new banner would come so soon. May completely snuck up on me.

Off the top of my head aside from merges...

• Lukas wants QR3
  • Faye wants QR3
  • Oscar wants his +ATK/-HP self to replace his +HP/-ATK self.
  • ToD!Henry wants something (Blade tome, Raven tome, never decided)

A lot less than I used to want for looking back on it. None of this (except for maybe QR3 on Lukas) is worth a single Matthew merge though, and so I'm waiting.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

He was the only one I wanted, so I went for it :D I have his other version, too, but funnily enough, he only speaks about singing for me and doesn't actually do it! 

I'm close now, since arena has finished. I was hoping we'd get Kaze at 5*, but not luck there. He'll probably be the colourless that I promote, though :) 

Problem is, I also pulled a CYL!Lucina and I plan to pull an Ephraim, and maybe a Micaiah. I can level Micaiah up with him, though, since at least she's not the same type, so then it would just be a red and green/colourless I need (green is less of a priority 'cos there aren't many of those left for me to do). 

I figured he would drop to 4 stars, so I thought I could wait. ...I was wrong. XD It is strange that the actual singer version of him doesn't really....sing. XD But I'm not complaining. He's still amazing either way. 

I hope you can get a new unit! Kind of sucks that we're not getting Kaze at 5 stars...but some form of Kaze is better than no Kaze. I'm glad I don't have to pull for him. There aren't many Fates units I like, but he was on the list. I'll have to finish merging Lucius before I can promote him though.... I really wanna promote Saias too. Too many people. lol 

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria I think it's also because his default attire is mostly white so he looks extra shiny

I actually prefer his singer outfit now, I'm so used to it.

The white definitely makes him look shinier. XD I enjoy both outfits. I'm not sure I could pick one over the other. His artist did a REALLY good job imagining him as a refresh unit. He looks like a performer without looking super flamboyant which is something I enjoy. Though it's funny, I 100% like Dark Azura better than Normal Azura. 

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

• Lukas wants QR3
  • Faye wants QR3

A lot less than I used to want for looking back on it. None of this (except for maybe QR3 on Lukas) is worth a single Matthew merge though, and so I'm waiting.

Oh man though, spending 20,000 feathers to jump from QR2 to QR3, and on units who aren't your main crew? That's a pretty low gain, and if you're as optimistic as I am, then eventually we'll see somebody with 4* QR3.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

• Lukas wants QR3
  • Faye wants QR3

Speaking of Henry, I just stuck to a refined Def Spectral Tome for mine to capitalise on his +Def. Plus it's amusing seeing Panic status everywhere in my arena runs- and he also has Atk Ploy as his SS.

Technically Gronnblade could be good on him but I run into a lot of Zelgius with Panic Ploy and -HP Henry isn't helping. 

I want to give him Gronnraven+ someday though for the theme since he has lots of raven friends. But I also am wary into running into Cancel Affinity Brave Lyns...at least Panic status is more useful against the cav teams that she's part of. Bowbreaker has been working fine for me anyway since Halloween Jakob isn't a problem, even if he has Wary Fighter.

@Rafiel's Aria Maybe darker is just more appealing in general? :P

Fanlivia's dark outfit was also something that I really appreciated.

Dancer Shigure's outfit is better because I can't now unsee the coffee mugs on new Shigure's shoulders.

Meanwhile, arena feathers coming in leave me with ....19962. Welp, not like I was going to promote anyone until I see what decent fodder I can get from today's banner - still haven't seen a single Rachel or Morgan.

Sitting on 107 orbs right now which is about average for me, I typically end up with 100-150 for each Legendary banner, plus whatever orbs arrive after the banner launch. Got a few easily obtainable ones pending - 5 from the new chapter on Hard, 3 from Reward Maps I haven't done, 5 from Lunatic Golden Week quests, 3 from Tap Battle quests, 1 from Wind Blessing quests. That plus the monthly orbs today and I'm hopeful of getting three new units, though maybe two is a more realistic expectation. That plus one promotion would give me a good batch of units to level before the double XP event ends.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

The increased bulk definitely helps your unit get into Desperation range, but players in higher score ranges also have more resources to devote into their defense teams. Often times there is not a safe way to get units into Desperation range as a lot of units have builds that are designed to kill frail range units in one hit on the counter, and the random Chill Spd can really screw with a nuke's performance.

If there is not a safe way to get into Desperation range, then you have neglected to use defensive buffs to offset your units' lack of bulk.

Delthea, the character with the lowest physical bulk in the game, has 51 physical bulk at +10 with a -Def nature and Swift Sparrow 2 in the A slot. If Grima were red instead of green, a single stack of Drive Def 2 would be enough to take the counterattack if Grima has no buffs, and two stacks would keep her alive if Grima has double dual rallies up (and considering Drive Def is one of the two Drive Sacred Seals currently available, it's not hard to get at least one stack up).

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Henry, I just stuck to a refined Def Spectral Tome for mine to capitalise on his +Def. Plus it's amusing seeing Panic status everywhere in my arena runs- and he also has Atk Ploy as his SS.

Technically Gronnblade could be good on him but I run into a lot of Zelgius with Panic Ploy and -HP Henry isn't helping. 

I want to give him Gronnraven+ someday though for the theme since he has lots of raven friends. But I also am wary into running into Cancel Affinity Brave Lyns...at least Panic status is more useful against the cav teams that she's part of. Bowbreaker has been working fine for me anyway since Halloween Jakob isn't a problem, even if he has Wary Fighter.

The thing about stuff like that is I don't want to waste the stones if I'm not committing to the tome. The reason why I was able to give Inigo Gronnraven+ while still refining his Dancer Ring was because the RES and HP boost from the refinement was enough to survive Rein which he sometimes couldn't do. My Henry is +DEF/-RES so a RES refinement would certainly round him out. Or SPD if I'm going for offense, but I'm indecisive and don't like wasting resources.

That being said, I'm at almost 400 Refining stones... again.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Oh man though, spending 20,000 feathers to jump from QR2 to QR3, and on units who aren't your main crew? That's a pretty low gain, and if you're as optimistic as I am, then eventually we'll see somebody with 4* QR3.

Which is why only Chrom has ever gotten QR3 out of every character I've ever used. Even Lukas himself only got QR2. That 20k price is just so steep that even my Bridelia is still sitting on LnD2 from a year ago. The only units I've ever spent 20k feathers for a skill on are Chrom (QR3) and Lyn (LnD3).

However, as of the new update, Feathers are currently in abundance and I've already spent the 20k giving Faye a Guard Bow+ with intent to give her my spare Celica's DD3. It doesn't make sense to half do things at this point. May as well commit to the build. That being said, Lukas is one of my main crew (endgame team) and I'm sitting on my feathers until I summon just in case I nab any of the 4 units I want to merge to +10.

I really want to build a Fae all of a sudden, but the best nature I have is +SPD/-HP which isn't the greatest out of the 6 that I have, so I'm stuck waiting.

@Zeo It's funny, my indecision to choose the weapon led me to a decision to refine his original weapon (mostly to try and get more points)

I guess you also need to decide if Henry is going to be player or enemy phase. My one baits Reinhardt/Lyn so he's enemy phase. Hence Gronnblade won't work (and also because Armor move is tricky when your armors are split up).

That said, I'm fairly apprehensive about refining in general, unless I have to or I need Divine Dew.

I only ever used 20k to upgrade to QR 3 on Shiro (favouritism) and Nowi (arena points back when I used her for my blue arena unit). I guess it depends on the context- if it's for arena it might be good. But then again, we have QR3 as a seal now.

@mcsilas That's the thing, I don't know what I want to do with Henry, but I do know that +DEF would love Close Counter, yet another unit that would like it that I don't have along with Sothe, M!Morgan and maybe even Serra for a kinky Absorb+ QR build.

As for QR, it really is just a question of does your unit want to run anything else in their B slot? Lukas doesn't. He could run Guard with the QR seal, but what's the point when you can just tack on Close DEF 3 to turn 0 damage into 0er damage?

Faye doesn't either since she'll literally never ever double without it and the DD3 seal is kind of part of the idea of her being virtually invincible vs anything ranged.

Edited by Zeo

Guard's pretty fun though. In AA, I'll bust out a 4* Titania to deal with Nowis, and it's satisfying knowing that she just has to sit there and Nowi can't do anything about it, even with skills or buffs.

One question I wanted to ask but never got the time...

What's with Hector's DEF? Why is it green?

Also, this one for SF in general, how do I increse max total size of files i can upload?

Edited by Kruggov