• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Yeah it is surprising, since this is not always true. H!Jakob vs Jakob is very different. Same with H!Henry vs Henry. I was expecting something different than a slightly better S!Camilla

Which is why I said at least one of their alts will have a similar stat spread. If Sanaki ever gets another alt, then there's a chance she might have a different stat spread. As of right now, she's basically green F!Morgan with a personal tome and in terms of alts, what summer Xander is to regular Xander, except a little different since pre-CYL1 melee cavalry had less stats than melee infantry, so it's more like summer Xander gained speed from getting off his horse and taking off his clothes.

Anyway, spring Camilla is a slow, primarily physically bulky mage while Sanaki has average speed and is a bit more offensive as a result let alone her personal tome adding +3 attack. They do different things. It's like if you were to call Alm a better Seliph because Alm's base speed is higher than Seliph's. Alm's not super-fast like Sanaki is in this comparison, but Seliph's not going to do the same thing as Alm will. Alm with his unique refined Falchion is a nuker while Seliph with Divine Tyrfing is a mixed tank.

No amount of powercreep will make me roll for Tharja. I'm sticking with Celica, Lilina and Katarina

Ninian has a pretty good distribution for 140 BST. I suppose I'll spend some orbs for her.

Marth is good, that's nice to know. I'll probably replace his weapon though.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Oh boy, things might heat up again when people see Sanaki's lines..

I saw them.  I don't think we are allowed to discuss this issue anymore, but let's just say it is far from completely innocent.

Marth looks to be a great axe cav, the weapon is great though I wish he got a PRF version.  Nice skills too.  Without relying on outside buffs or other skills he will be 35atk/35spd thanks to his weapon.  Someone on reddit caught that the blue flower on him is the same as Bridal Caeda has in her bouquet.  

Spoiler

Last year's brides aren't bonus units in arena. Expect a lot of Effie and Zelgius.

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This is great and all, but what about the unit who drops to 4* from Genealogy?

I'm confident it will be Lene, if anyone drops at all.

I don't see Lene in the 4 star list

Screenshot_20180521-090359.png

Edited by Kozac

Completely unsurprised that Ares dropped.  Am very thankful, though.  If I get one that's better than my current one, I'm merging him.

Hell, I might make him a +10 because he amuses me that much.

So let me get this straight. They powercreep a unit in the 5* pool with a unit you can now summon in the 4*. Did I mention how there is a brazen in the 4* pool and how Ares's prf synergizes with expensive specials? This is probably the best 4* drop I have ever seen

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So let me get this straight. They powercreep a unit in the 5* pool with a unit you can now summon in the 4*. Did I mention how there is a brazen in the 4* pool and how Ares's prf synergizes with expensive specials? This is probably the best 4* drop I have ever seen

Reinhardt.

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wow, Ares dropped. The unit I probably wanted most, so that's nice. RIP 5* Exclusive Eldigan.

Same, I'm really happy about this!

Uh oh, Bridal Bloom quests last for a month, presumably until the next seasonal banner. Paralogue quests and story chapter quests have never overlapped to my knowledge, so that must mean no new story chapter for June. There is a New Heroes banner slated for June however. Are we agreed that that's CYL2?

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Reinhardt.

Shit BST on Reinhardt. I ain't gonna work extra hard to bring him into tier 20 if he's a liability

Really, Ares? The Descendant of the Demon Blade Mystletainn? Not the dancer who doesn't even have very strong holy blood by default?

Well okay then, I'm fine with that.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Reinhardt.

Only until the day Quick Riposte finally gets added to the 4* pool, or better yet even the 3* pool.

@Hilda Usually the unit who drops is the unit who, at least in terms of their original games appearance, doesn't have as much impact on the story or game as the other units that joined with them, or fail that the least popular.

That kinda makes this drop an abnormal one, since Ares arguably has a much stronger presence in the world of Genealogy than Lene did.

Edited by Xenomata

37 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wow, Ares dropped. The unit I probably wanted most, so that's nice. RIP 5* Exclusive Eldigan.

I think the reason why Ares droped is because Eldigan might get a 2. reforge in his weapon to match his sons weapon *dun dun dun* (like the Sealed Falchion they added to chrom lucina etc)
This is also the reason why i didnt pull from this banner

It was about time to get a Brazen skill in the 4 Star pool, finally!!! Sword Lyn will be greatfull (and some other units)

Edited by Hilda

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think the reason why Ares droped is because Eldigan might get a 2. reforge in his weapon to match his sons weapon *dun dun dun* (like the Sealed Falchion they added to chrom lucina etc)
This is also the reason why i didnt pull from this banner

How does that follow though? The equivalent would be demoting Horse Chrom to 4* because Lucina can learn Sealed Falchion, there's no real logic to it.

Ares has +3 BST on Eldigan, which distributed almost optimally in comparison. -5 HP, +4 Atk, +6 Spd, -1 Def, -1 Res. My +Spd -Atk Eldigan with 29 Atk and 28 Spd is looking very sad these days. I wouldn't have complained if Eldigan was dropped instead, but this is better.

Ares being dropped is cool, although I don't care who drops just as long as someone does. Now I hope I actually pull him one day.

This is honestly balls to the walls insane. Ares is one of best units to drop because he can run expensive specials without much effort. Truly one of the best easily obtainable units that can help score a lot in arena.