eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

when you want to exploit this glitch but your phone is dying. 

This is where you double down on the exploiting and install an emulator. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

This is where you double down on the exploiting and install an emulator. :D

I.... Did. With Nox. it just won't start up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tempted to do this with Merric so I can get the SP to throw a breaker skill on him without having to drag him through real SP training. Of course a funky exploit happens the day after I grinded the SP for all my new summer pulls normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to this I can finally finish some budget builds with some of the healers I either couldn't be bothered to grind with or are named Azama.

53 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I.... Did. With Nox. it just won't start up. 

Same thing happened to me, so I used MEmu instead. Works like a charm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Icemario said:

Thanks to this I can finally finish some budget builds with some of the healers I either couldn't be bothered to grind with or are named Azama.

Same thing happened to me, so I used MEmu instead. Works like a charm.

Was it a paid one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Was it a paid one? 

Exact instructions here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, this glitch is one of the Top 5 best things to happen to this game so far.

One map and my F!Grima got 2000 SP which is more than enough to teach her all of the skills to finish her build.


@DehNutCase  - Until you are scoring in the 744+ score range for Arena and AA, your experiences really are not indicative of how easy or difficult enemy teams are to face. You clearly have never seen or had to deal with some of the most dangerous threats out there. Something tells me that after 7 straight battles of Armored teams you would find that the later teams are a little bit more trouble to deal with than you are giving them credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between buffing allies and debuffing enemies, what kind of composition of such skills would you prefer on your team?

I don't really use ploys (they're just not on many of my units) and haven't tried chill skills yet, so most of the debuffs I apply are through threaten skills. I've grown a bit more into using invisible buffs, so my current Arena team primarily utilise spur and drive skills. I often have someone with a dual rally, as well. Panic Ploy is something I've been meaning to utilise more often but it doesn't really have a vacancy on my team unless I killed a Valter to have it on my C-slot.

Also:

Spoiler

image.png

Thoughts on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally finished promoting all GHB units to five star. Now I can experience maximum heartbreak when they start adding GHB units into the normal summoning pool with access to natures.

My only hold out promotion was Julius. He was one of many red tome projects I held back for my shot at red tome valor, but that has come and gone. I realize this day of all days makes me look like such a fool for worrying about SP, but that's how the cards fell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

@DehNutCase  - Until you are scoring in the 744+ score range for Arena and AA, your experiences really are not indicative of how easy or difficult enemy teams are to face. You clearly have never seen or had to deal with some of the most dangerous threats out there. Something tells me that after 7 straight battles of Armored teams you would find that the later teams are a little bit more trouble to deal with than you are giving them credit.

If by dangerous you mean fully ward armored and fully kitted, images 14-18 include such a team. Which I fought with my team that was sand-bagging to the point where their combat performance was comparable to properly skilled +0s.

The team wasn't difficult, even compared to the other armor teams I faced, just interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured out a way to grind more HM using a macro, my HM will be through the roof. Hopefully later down the line, I don't be penalized for doing this method. But considering nothing happened for those already doing the method, I assume it's relativity safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They responded to a user

Hello, this is Nintendo Smart Device Administrator, Ito. Thank you for contacting us.

The issue that you have brought to our attention is currently being investigated, and we are looking for a fix.

The SP gained from the issue in question is free to use, no problem.

Please be assured that you will not be punished.

If you notice any other issues, please feel free to contact us again. We hope that you will continue to play Fire Emblem Heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed to have corrected itself...or so I thought. After getting 400+SP earlier, my Caeda was gaining 1-4 SP per kill. Thankfully, she had about 4500++ SP before I tried the exploit, so I wouldn't need to grind for SP at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

They responded to a user

Hello, this is Nintendo Smart Device Administrator, Ito. Thank you for contacting us.

The issue that you have brought to our attention is currently being investigated, and we are looking for a fix.

The SP gained from the issue in question is free to use, no problem.

Please be assured that you will not be punished.

If you notice any other issues, please feel free to contact us again. We hope that you will continue to play Fire Emblem Heroes.

Not that I thought they'd punish anyone for it, but I'm still kind of surprised at them basically responding with "yeah go ahead and use it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

They responded to a user

Hello, this is Nintendo Smart Device Administrator, Ito. Thank you for contacting us.

The issue that you have brought to our attention is currently being investigated, and we are looking for a fix.

The SP gained from the issue in question is free to use, no problem.

Please be assured that you will not be punished.

If you notice any other issues, please feel free to contact us again. We hope that you will continue to play Fire Emblem Heroes.

I wish no one had said anything to them. If this could have lasted for a week or two that would have been awesome.

It is so nice being able to get 4 units 6000+ SP in only 15-20 minutes. Healers can benefit from this the most. I just wish all of my best healers didn't already have plenty of skills learned and 4000+ SP.

19 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

It seemed to have corrected itself...or so I thought. After getting 400+SP earlier, my Caeda was gaining 1-4 SP per kill. Thankfully, she had about 4500++ SP before I tried the exploit, so I wouldn't need to grind for SP at all.

768 SP is the max you can get per kill. If you restart again after that is goes down to 4 and then down to 1. This is because the game wasn't programmed to display a 4 digit #.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hawk King: I read in a Facebook Messenger group I'm in that it does peak out at 768. The system, I guess, was just not able to add 450+ SP twice. It's all good though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

768 SP is the max you can get per kill. If you restart again after that is goes down to 4 and then down to 1. This is because the game wasn't programmed to display a 4 digit #.

From a programming perspective, that doesn't sound like a particularly plausible reason. There's no reason to link the actual effect with the display UI.

Merging a +8 or higher unit into another merge base previously resulted in a gain of over 1,000 SP (1,080 SP for a +8, 1,200 SP for a +9, 1,320 SP for a +10), which was displayed as +999 until this month's update, but still gave you the full SP gain. The most recent update allowed the level up screen to display 4-digit numbers.

I'm thinking it's more likely that the multiplier is overflowing, not the actual amount of SP being gained. However, I have no idea off the top of my head why the break point is where it is and how to explain the numbers that appear after the break point is reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From a programming perspective, that doesn't sound like a particularly plausible reason. There's no reason to link the actual effect with the display UI.

Merging a +8 or higher unit into another merge base previously resulted in a gain of over 1,000 SP (1,080 SP for a +8, 1,200 SP for a +9, 1,320 SP for a +10), which was displayed as +999 until this month's update, but still gave you the full SP gain. The most recent update allowed the level up screen to display 4-digit numbers.

I'm thinking it's more likely that the multiplier is overflowing, not the actual amount of SP being gained. However, I have no idea off the top of my head why the break point is where it is and how to explain the numbers that appear after the break point is reached.

768/3 = 256 = 2^8 The multiplier value is probably stored as 8 unsigned bits... bytes...? Whatever that term is.

Divided by 3 since that's the base sp gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

@Hawk King: I read in a Facebook Messenger group I'm in that it does peak out at 768. The system, I guess, was just not able to add 450+ SP twice. It's all good though.

It is 384 SP before it goes to 768. I'm not sure what scenario you found yourself in.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm thinking it's more likely that the multiplier is overflowing, not the actual amount of SP being gained. However, I have no idea off the top of my head why the break point is where it is and how to explain the numbers that appear after the break point is reached.

That definitely makes more sense than the 4 digit # theory. I don't know much about binary, but 768 is 2^8 x 3 SP. 2^8 = 256 and I know that 255/256 is a cap for a lot of games stats because of the systems used.

Dehnutcase beat me to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

768/3 = 256 = 2^8 The multiplier value is probably stored as 8 unsigned bits... bytes...? Whatever that term is.

Divided by 3 since that's the base sp gain.

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It is 384 SP before it goes to 768. I'm not sure what scenario you found yourself in.

That definitely makes more sense than the 4 digit # theory. I don't know much about binary, but 768 is 2^8 x 3 SP. 2^8 = 256 and I know that 255/256 is a cap for a lot of games stats because of the systems used.

Dehnutcase beat me to it...

I'm actually not sure 3 is the base SP gain. Staves gain 1.5 SP normally (rounded down to 1 SP), which is very suspiciously half of 3.

That puts the multiplier at 512 for the last point in time that it works and 1,024 for the first point in time that it breaks. And neither of those numbers look suspicious enough to be a reasonable breaking point and especially not a breaking point that would result in 4 SP being gained.

Even if 3 were the base SP gain, that puts 256 as the last number that works when by all means it should be the first number that breaks.

 

Binary primer for non-mathy folk:

Spoiler

Decimal goes from 0 to 9 and then adds another place value for bigger numbers, so when you add 1 to 9, you loop around to 0, but put a 1 in front of the entire number to get 10. Once you get to 19, you loop the 9 around to 0 again and add a 1 to the next-higher place value, becoming 20.

Binary is the same thing, but you only go from 0 to 1 before you loop around and add a new place value.

So instead of a 1's place and a 10's place and a 100's place as your place values in decimal, binary has a 1's place (1) and a 2's place (10) and a 4's place (100) and an 8's place (1000) and a 16's place (10000) and so on.

Basically, you can do "long addition" just like in grade school where you have to show every time you carry over a 10, but instead of carrying over when you reach or exceed 10 (where you write down the 1's place and put a 1 at the top of the next column), you carry over when you reach 2 (where you write down a 0 and put a 1 at the top of the next column) (you can't reach 3 when adding two one-digit numbers in binary, unlike in decimal where you can reach 18 by adding 9+9).

So you get:

  1. 1
  2. 10 (adding 1 to the 1's place carries over to the 10's place)
  3. 11 (adding 1 to the 1's place is fine)
  4. 100 (adding 1 to the 1's place carries over to the 10's place, but adding the carried over 1 to the 10's place carries over to the 100's place)
  5. 101
  6. 110 (adding 1 to the 1's place carries over to the 10's place)
  7. 111
  8. 1000 (etc.)
  9. 1001
  10. 1010
  11. 1011
  12. 1100
  13. 1101
  14. 1110
  15. 1111
  16. 10000

Programmy numbers primer:

Spoiler

The smallest data storage element in standard computing (i.e. not quantum computing) is a bit, or a "one or zero", i.e. one digit in the binary representation of a number.

The smallest data storage element that programmers typically have to deal with is the byte, which is 8 bits. As 8 bits, it can store every number from 0 to 255 with 255 being the largest number that can be stored in 8 digits in binary (11111111 in binary is 255 in decimal).

You can also treat a byte as a "signed byte" (i.e. a byte with a positive or negative sign) by adjusting the number range to be halfway in the negative range. A signed byte can effectively only store 7 bits of "number" data and 1 bit of "sign" data and therefore store the numbers -128 to +127. Zero through 127 are stored identically as with unsigned bytes, but when you add 1 to it, it rolls over to the other side and becomes -128. The reason the range is -128 to +127 instead of -127 to +127 is because positive zero and negative zero are both the same number, so the extra (negative zero) was assigned to -128 to have 128 negative numbers and 128 "positive" numbers.

Nowadays, due to memory being relatively cheap, bytes aren't commonly used anymore and the common integer sizes are 32-bit integers and 64-bit integers instead (appropriately called "integer" and "long integer", respectively). There is also a 16-bit integer that was common in older software, but is much less common in modern times (appropriately called "short integer"). These could also be signed or unsigned. ("Byte" usually refers to an unsigned byte when unspecified, but "short", "integer", and "long" usually refer to the signed versions.)

This means the full list of break points where things could start wrapping around would be

  • 127 to -128 (signed byte)
  • 255 to 0 (byte)
  • 32,767 to -32,768 (short)
  • 65,535 to 0 (unsigned short)
  • 2,147,483,647 to -2,147,483,648 (integer)
  • 4,294,967,295 to 0 (unsigned integer)
  • 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 to -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (long)
  • 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 to 0 (unsigned long)

And so I have no idea why the game would be fine at 256 but not at 1,024, even if they were antiquated enough to be using a byte for storage instead of a full integer that can go far, far higher than 1,024.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually not sure 3 is the base SP gain. Staves gain 1.5 SP normally (rounded down to 1 SP), which is very suspiciously half of 3.

That puts the multiplier at 512 for the last point in time that it works and 1,024 for the first point in time that it breaks. And neither of those numbers look suspicious enough to be a reasonable breaking point and especially not a breaking point that would result in 4 SP being gained.

Even if 3 were the base SP gain, that puts 256 as the last number that works when by all means it should be the first number that breaks.

I figured it was 8 bits since that means the multiplier is stored as a single byte unsigned integer. There shouldn't be a reason to store it signed unless they expected to add SP gain demerits for some reason. (Which, you know, would be bloody odd.)

 

You're right that it's a bit odd that it works at 256 rather than breaking, though. They definitely have times where the multiplier is 0x (when maps don't give SP at all), so it wouldn't make sense that it's 1-256 rather than 0-255.

Maybe they actually have 3 variables?

 

#1, is the base SP gain of the class---no idea what they store this as since staves get 1.5.

#2, is the SP multiplier that goes from 1-256.

#3, is a single bit that's either 0 or 1 depending on whether you gain sp or not for the map 

 

A unit would have a multiplier variable and a base variable, and a map would have the 'off or on' variable for whether you gain SP at all. The (#2) unit multiplier variable won't be 0 unless they decide to introduce SP demerit skills, so they can safely use all 256 possible values to represent non-zero integers.

That makes multiplying slightly strange, though, since you can't just do a simple shift left to multiply by 2 anymore. 00000000 is 1 in this case, and shifting everything left one step does jack for you. 00000001 is 2, and 00000011 is 4, and 00000111 is 8.

Hmm... maybe that's it, rather than a shift left to multiply by two they shift left and then add 1 to the end.

 

Not quite sure what kind of overflow error that would cause compared to a regular 0-255 unsigned integer, though. Edit: It feels like it ought to just stay maxed out...

 

Double Edit: The 4SP and 1SP we get look suspiciously like 4.5 and 1.5, with 4.5 being triple 1.5. I'm honestly having trouble imagining how you're storing all these variables to get this kind of overflow error, though.

 

Triple Edit: The worst part of all of this is the fact that they obviously have a way to deal with fractional multiplication, considering Valor skills at levels 1 and 2 only give a 1.5 multiplier. It makes no sense if they're doing this left-shift stuff if they have a perfectly reasonable way to multiply normally. But if you aren't doing this shift-left nonsense, what's causing the overflow?

How do you even manage to multiply fractions while using unsigned bytes? Is there some secret trick to multiply by 1.5 that I'm missing?

 

Have you ever tested what happens when you stack multiple level 2 valor skills?

Edited by DehNutCase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KongDude said:

this glitch is stupid lmao

I've considered it for like a minute and then I remember it's basically cheating. I don't want to cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.