eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I mean I don't think you need to convince anyone to dislike corrin, it does the job itself better than anyone else could 

If that's the case, it didn't do its job well at all as I don't dislike Corrin. If anything, I find the constant ragging on Corrin and FE14's story in general far more irritating. Yes, it's bad. Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Your point? How does that relate to anything? I'm not trying to convince Vaximillian to like Ike. Ike's my second least favourite lord. 

There was literally no point to bump up an old comment to suggest a video that may or may not make Vax appreciate Ike, and you're the reason I even made my first comment in the first place. Why did you even feel the need to link that video to a comment that was made nearly three weeks ago, especially if you're not even trying to convince Vax to do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

True,  I think Micaiah is the only lord who was put into authority without her heritage being the reason so I find it frustrating when people say Ike's the only lord who wasn't chosen due to his status because it ignores Micaiah and downplays Ike's specialness.

Micaiah still has the heritage deal being highly important though. She doesn't know until the very end, nobody does. Nonetheless, without being the descendant of Altina and Lehran, she wouldn't have had her miraculous powers essential to her rise. She did have to earn her authority, but core tools to establish it derived from her unique pedigree. The Silver Haired Maiden earned her mass popularity through things like sacrifice, and future sight does some for establishing her in Part 1 (it won Chapter 6), and her goddess-possession/talk powers cause her to quickly earn the trust of non-Daeinians in Part 4.

No lord is devoid of authority without heritage. No lord is devoid of a special heritage in some way- be it formal blue blood, latent blue blood, latent dragon/heron blood, or being the son of a former noble. FE still lacks a true 100% commoner lord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh... quite the argument you guys are having... not argument as in "No IKE is better/No, Ike SUCKS" as re-enacted by children, just, y'know, a court of law argument. More adult-y.

I have no say on the direct matter, still haven't played PoR or RD so all I know of Ike comes from Heroes, Wikipedia, Smash Bros, and Awakening DLC. Sure I support Ike when he appears, but usually the competition is so barren that why wouldn't I vote for him?

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

I mean I don't think you need to convince anyone to dislike corrin, it does the job itself better than anyone else could 

I'm not quite that much a Corrin hater myself... I mean, she literally is a sheltered princess who has naive ideals, what I find terrible about her is that so many people put so much unnecessary stock in her side that it borders unrealistic. But if she were the naive young princess in any other FE game, then she'd fit perfectly.

Also Corrin is female, fite me.

58 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Your point? How does that relate to anything? I'm not trying to convince Vaximillian to like Ike. Ike's my second least favourite lord. 

You literally brought up a discussion that not only happened in the past, but that everyone completely forgot about. You may as well have just tried to convince Vax that Las Vegas is a better vacationing spot than Disneyland Florida, meanwhile that argument was at least a month ago and Vax doesn't even remember ever having it with you.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also Corrin is female, fite me.

Fight or fife you? If you mean the latter, then here: 

Sprite of Nils

Unabashed Nils promotion.

 

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not quite that much a Corrin hater myself... I mean, she literally is a sheltered princess who has naive ideals, what I find terrible about her is that so many people put so much unnecessary stock in her side that it borders unrealistic. But if she were the naive young princess in any other FE game, then she'd fit perfectly.

 

This reminds me of the Uther's death and coverup debacle, and how unique it sorta is in FE. Uther's death is purely natural, no magic or anything here, Hector couldn't have done anything about it. Oswin is a retainer with a willingness to defy the emotions of a liege, for the sake of their and the world's long term betterment. Hector hates Oswin for it, being unwilling to understand it or forgive Oswin at first. Gradually, albeit in what short a time Hector has to get over it, he first understand Oswin, but refuses to forgive him, and then should you trigger his Lyn final battle convo, Hector comes to see Oswin was right, forgive him, and realize he was wrong.

Oswin didn't totally hate Hector's emotionality either, he sees its strengths, but he was proactively curtailing one of its flaws here, he wasn't going to take the bad with the good of it.

How often does this happen exactly? I can't really recall any other instance where a retainer goes so much against their master's wishes, and later the master realizes it was good. Be it Malladus, Jagen/Kris, Lewyn (he does force Seliph to invade Thracia, but Seliph puts up no real resistance), Merlinus, Marcus, Seth, and Soren, they are all so much more pliant to their master's wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also Corrin is female, fite me.

Corrin can be either male or female so the only correct pronoun is it.

Robin is also an it unless talking about gender specific things such as the bromance with Chrom 

Edited by Mackc2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Corrin can be either male or female so the only correct pronoun is it.

Robin is also an it unless talking about gender specific things such as the bromance with Chrom 

One can argue that gender ambiguity means you can use either he, she, or it with equal correctness. I could even argue that 'it' is the less correct of the three choices, since it implies that Corrin might be a gender other than male or female.

 

Edit: The proper term for a person of indeterminate, but human, gender is actually 'they.' I don't use it because I don't like being too formal when typing

Edited by DehNutCase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

There was literally no point to bump up an old comment to suggest a video that may or may not make Vax appreciate Ike, and you're the reason I even made my first comment in the first place. Why did you even feel the need to link that video to a comment that was made nearly three weeks ago, especially if you're not even trying to convince Vax to do anything?

What's your point? Why does it matter why I felt the need to link that video? I said that I started appreciating Ike and Vax said he wishes he could do the same so I decided to share it. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah still has the heritage deal being highly important though. She doesn't know until the very end, nobody does. Nonetheless, without being the descendant of Altina and Lehran, she wouldn't have had her miraculous powers essential to her rise. She did have to earn her authority, but core tools to establish it derived from her unique pedigree. The Silver Haired Maiden earned her mass popularity through things like sacrifice, and future sight does some for establishing her in Part 1 (it won Chapter 6), and her goddess-possession/talk powers cause her to quickly earn the trust of non-Daeinians in Part 4.

No lord is devoid of authority without heritage. No lord is devoid of a special heritage in some way- be it formal blue blood, latent blue blood, latent dragon/heron blood, or being the son of a former noble. FE still lacks a true 100% commoner lord. 

Special powers doesn't mean the name of her parents mattered. Ike was made the leader of the Greil Mercenaries because he was the son of Greil. Micaiah wasn't made the The analogy of Micaiah's special powers being derived from her heritage doesn't work because there isn't a direct causality between Micaiah's heritage and her being made the leader of the resistance. There's an indirect two step causality. 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

You literally brought up a discussion that not only happened in the past, but that everyone completely forgot about. You may as well have just tried to convince Vax that Las Vegas is a better vacationing spot than Disneyland Florida, meanwhile that argument was at least a month ago and Vax doesn't even remember ever having it with you.

I think you bringing up the fact I brought up a past discussion is even more random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What's your point? Why does it matter why I felt the need to link that video? I said that I started appreciating Ike and Vax said he wishes he could do the same so I decided to share it.

I think you bringing up the fact I brought up a past discussion is even more random. 

It isn't though, @Sunwoo brought up the fact as well, and it is, in fact, somewhat relevant that you did quote a comment made 3 weeks ago. Again, you don't try to convince someone that Vegas is better than Disneyland Florida when they only brought it up once in passing weeks ago. Maybe bad example, but IMO anything that happened and stopped being relevant for at least 24 hours is ancient history on a forum. In fact, we wouldn't even have known about that comment had you just @mentioned Vax instead of directly quoting him.

...actually it wasn't even a discussion, nobody ever quoted or even directly acknowledged that comment from Vax within at least a few pages of him making the comment??? How did you even remember he ever made that comment...

@Mackc2 I say she is female because of Warriors at least, since her main storymode appearances, separate from History Mode, depict her as Female. And in fairness, Corrin's personality does match up with more feminine traits than male. Even in some of M!Corrin's Rank S supports, which for the most part are specifically tailored to a Male Corrin, he doesn't come off as all that... male?

Same with Robin, but most of Robin's personality traits more aligning with Male, so on so forth.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Icelerate said:
2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

 

Special powers doesn't mean the name of her parents mattered. Ike was made the leader of the Greil Mercenaries because he was the son of Greil. Micaiah wasn't made the The analogy of Micaiah's special powers being derived from her heritage doesn't work because there isn't a direct causality between Micaiah's heritage and her being made the leader of the resistance. There's an indirect two step causality.

I recognize this. I was aiming more the point that Micaiah is not a "true" commoner. In the sense that a true commoner should have neither publicly known or secret bloodlines of importance, depriving benefits from the name or genetics thereof it. Ike gets a free promotion less than a month into his life as an active mercenary because of his family relations, Micaiah because genetics wins more battles and earns more notoriety than she would were she an ordinary Branded or lacked the Branded blood at all.

Genetics (Micaiah) =/ Family Name (Ike), this is true. But one is born for benefits or disadvantages with both, nobody is free to earn them.

And then we have Corrin. Who has the name of Prince/cess of Nohr and Hoshido, and the genetics of Anankos. And Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Chrom and Lucina, who have noble/royal titles and lineages, plus Brands symbolizing dragon blood infusion. Name and genetics in other circumstances can and do go together.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

It isn't though, @Sunwoo brought up the fact as well, and it is, in fact, somewhat relevant that you did quote a comment made 3 weeks ago. Again, you don't try to convince someone that Vegas is better than Disneyland Florida when they only brought it up once in passing. In fact, we wouldn't even have known about that comment had you just @mentioned Vax instead of directly quoting him.

...actually it wasn't even a discussion, nobody ever quoted that comment from Vax within at least a few pages of him making the comment??? How did you even remember he ever made that comment...

Me quoting a comment made 3 weeks ago is nothing to be fussed over so I'm not sure why you two are getting so worked up over nothing.  Your analogy doesn't apply here for multiple reasons which are irrelevant to discuss. 

I remembered because it was a direct reference to what I said a couple of weeks ago but was too lazy to respond. I thought the limit is one month but that limit applies if a thread is no longer on the front page. 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I recognize this. I was aiming more the point that Micaiah is not a "true" commoner. In the sense that a true commoner should have neither publicly known or secret bloodlines of importance, depriving benefits from the name or genetics thereof it. Ike gets a free promotion less than a month into his life as an active mercenary because of his family relations, Micaiah because genetics wins more battles and earns more notoriety than she would were she an ordinary Branded or lacked the Branded blood at all.

Genetics (Micaiah) =/ Family Name (Ike), this is true. but one is born for benefits or disadvantages with both, nobody is free to earn them.

I don't think I said she's a true commoner. The thing that differentiates Micaiah from the other lords is that the loyalty of the Daein people isn't derived from Micaiah's parents. The reason why the GMs sans Shinon and Gatrie choose to follow Ike is because Greil said so. The reason why the army of Pherae fights under Roy's command is because of Eliwood. The reason why Kent, Sain and Wallace fight underneath Lyn is because of her mother. Though in Ike's case, both the game and the fanbase treat him like he's just a commoner. The game doesn't try to treat Micaiah as if she's just a normal person nor does the fanbase do as well. So while I accept your analogy, it's unfortunately not widely accepted from my personal impressions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fight or fife you? If you mean the latter, then here: 

Sprite of Nils

Unabashed Nils promotion.

 

This reminds me of the Uther's death and coverup debacle, and how unique it sorta is in FE. Uther's death is purely natural, no magic or anything here, Hector couldn't have done anything about it. Oswin is a retainer with a willingness to defy the emotions of a liege, for the sake of their and the world's long term betterment. Hector hates Oswin for it, being unwilling to understand it or forgive Oswin at first. Gradually, albeit in what short a time Hector has to get over it, he first understand Oswin, but refuses to forgive him, and then should you trigger his Lyn final battle convo, Hector comes to see Oswin was right, forgive him, and realize he was wrong.

Oswin didn't totally hate Hector's emotionality either, he sees its strengths, but he was proactively curtailing one of its flaws here, he wasn't going to take the bad with the good of it.

How often does this happen exactly? I can't really recall any other instance where a retainer goes so much against their master's wishes, and later the master realizes it was good. Be it Malladus, Jagen/Kris, Lewyn (he does force Seliph to invade Thracia, but Seliph puts up no real resistance), Merlinus, Marcus, Seth, and Soren, they are all so much more pliant to their master's wishes.

 

August is against Leif decision to back up Tahra during chapter 18. This resulted in the death of Dorias, and is actually the impetus behind the starting scenario of Leif in FE4 where he struggled under the assault of the empire while losing allies, and is arguably the moment where Leif realized doing things exactly like Quan would do is a bad idea(Leif is actually at his most successful during this point, since this happened right after Lenster liberation). August ended up mellowed down after this point since Leif ended up proving himself in spades when he defeated Reinhardt and Saias in battle of Thracian Bridge though

 

Also my quick honest opinion on Ike: He's a cool charater, its just that the whole "Ike is a relatable dude and is a commoner" is a complete utter horse shit. And so is him being original since a lot of his stuff is really traced from Leif and Hector

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Hector is a Lex knockoff;):

The RD feather farming sure is handy. I do recommend others checking out guides for it on YouTube or reddit

@DehNutCase Ike having a lot of swords was a glitch from the NA version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I like Ike. His PoR self more so. 

IMO PoR is the best game in the series and RD is the worst game in the series. Fite me.

He became popular from Smash Bros just like Marth and Roy did, except Ike had the advantage of his games actually being playable in the US and on the same console as the Smash game he was in. Plus Aether is admittedly a cool attack and the "fight for his friends" meme was a thing.

For a lot of fans, especially on these forums when I joined, RD was their first FE game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to say it, but yesterday I cleared Arvis infernal in Turn 1 :D

Galeforce is love, I hadn’t cleared that map before. Eliwood’s Axebreaker helped xD

 

Team was Eliwood (killed Axe Cav and Arvis), 4* Blade Ursula (killed Lance Cav), 4* +10 Blade Cecilia (killed blue mage) and 5* Finn (killed red mage)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stamina pots became worthless. At least I can now use them without hesitation for TT

Screenshot_20180813-174655.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being...ah, absent for two weeks, I'm finally back. Feels nice! :) I'm sorry if I'd hurt anyone prior to this though. I guess I just...didn't know how else to react in those situations. But now I know better, at least I hope. I'm seriously going to do my best not to let it happen again. I really truly am. But this is better off being discussed elsewhere, so if for any reason anyone wants to know more, it should be taken to PM.

Anyway, after successfully pulling that new Elincia that I wanted so bad, I started this. <3

n8BwFU0.png

They're actually at A support now, but still. I'd been planning this for so long since I was sure Elincia would get an alt at some point. :D The crazy shipper in me is always gonna go for this when I can!

I also pulled a 5 star Libra on a free pull yesterday and built him up.

9rHbaIZ.png

I must say, these stats aren't half-bad at all! He should come in handy being a rare high-Res axe.

I finally made a 5 star Oscar and built him up too, so now I have my Greil Mercs team!

GUh2jvO.png

Still not the IVs I want, but he does his job well for now. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back! @Anacybele That Libra looks pretty solid. I remember you saying you had difficulties dealing with Nowi in the past, hopefully he should help out. And you can color me unsurprised with you pairing Legendary Ike and Dancing Elincia. ;P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Welcome back! @Anacybele That Libra looks pretty solid. I remember you saying you had difficulties dealing with Nowi in the past, hopefully he should help out. And you can color me unsurprised with you pairing Legendary Ike and Dancing Elincia. ;P

Thank you! And I hope Libra will when I can't use Yukata Elincia or Deirdre instead. :) Does Oscar look alright too? He's my first Firesweep build.

Nobody should be surprised at that. lol The trailer even wants it! XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thank you! And I hope Libra will when I can't use Yukata Elincia or Deirdre instead. :) Does Oscar look alright too? He's my first Firesweep build.

Nobody should be surprised at that. lol The trailer even wants it! XD

I think Oscar is fine. You could replace Lancebreaker with Desperation as he'll likely be doubling many lance units anyway with Darting Blow, and that's not even accounting for potential horse buffs where he could reach a whopping 46 speed. However, it isn't a must and you're free to do what you wish, plus for all I know you might not have any Shannas to spare so you're using what you have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Does Oscar look alright too? He's my first Firesweep build.

For a Firesweep build using a nature that doesn't boost either offensive stat, that is still a solid setup you have on Oscar. LnD3 and an Atk or Spd boosting SS would probably serve better if you can't get Horse buffs or Tactics on him, though LnD3 might still be an elusive skill for some...

@SilvertheShadow Desperation is useless with a Firesweep though, the enemy can't counterattack anyways. Desperation would make better sense on a Slaying Lance or Harmonic Lance build though.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think Oscar is fine. You could replace Lancebreaker with Desperation as he'll likely be doubling many lance units anyway with Darting Blow, and that's not even accounting for potential horse buffs where he could reach a whopping 46 speed. However, it isn't a must and you're free to do what you wish, plus for all I know you might not have any Shannas to spare so you're using what you have. 

Xenomata's right though, Desperation is redundant since enemies can't counter a Firesweep wielder.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For a Firesweep build using a nature that doesn't boost either offensive stat, that is still a solid setup you have on Oscar. LnD3 and an Atk or Spd boosting SS would probably serve better if you can't get Horse buffs or Tactics on him, though LnD3 might still be an elusive skill for some...

I do have a few Sothes to dump, actually, so I will consider that. Darting Blow is just so much easier to get since I seem to pull Florinas and Rebeccas and all a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Xenomata's right though, Desperation is redundant since enemies can't counter a Firesweep wielder.

I do have a few Sothes to dump, actually, so I will consider that. Darting Blow is just so much easier to get since I seem to pull Florinas and Rebeccas and all a lot.

Yeah, that was a mega brain fart on my end. I only have one Firesweep Lance user being my Cordelia, who I haven't used in a while due to her HM maxing out. Oh, and no I didn't put Desperation on her. XD

If you can spare a Sothe for LnD, that should work well too. You can even put on Drag Back or Hit and Run to take advantage of the being free of counterattacks. 

Edited by SilvertheShadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Yeah, that was a mega brain fart on my end. I only have one Firesweep Lance user being my Cordelia, who I haven't used in a while due to her HM maxing out. Oh, and no I didn't put Desperation on her. XD

If you can spare a Sothe for LnD, that should work well too. You can even put on Drag Back or Hit and Run to take advantage of the being free of counterattacks. 

I see, no worries. :P

Right, fair points there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just learned that Kate Higgins, actress of Lisa and Serra, will be voicing Princess Aurora in Ralph breaks the Internet! Nice to se FE voice actors getting larger roles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.