Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'd pull for Ike.

I'm not completely a heartless min-maxer, after all, and PoR + RD were my favorite FE games. The funny thing? I liked them because they were easy, like, god damn they had some busted units in that game.

Edit: Like, Conquest is fun and all, but sometimes you just want to watch Ike Aether people into the ground for 30 minutes.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They probably realized Radiant Aether is a bit lackluster so it didn't have to be exclusive to Vike anymore. The next Ike should have either Occult Scroll for a 30% heal and Def reduction on Special trigger A Skill, or a Kamikiri Aether that is a 80% heal and Def reduction.

Radiant Aether is actually ridiculously good, since basically every Killer special is good. its just weird people somehow didn't ever try to min max it the same way people did with Black Luna, but it was a huge component why Bike is a mainstay for cheap Abyssal strats

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm not completely a heartless min-maxer

wow i feel scammed

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Uh, how about Ike and/or Tellius fans? Not everyone's motives are based entirely on a character's viability or what they bring to the table I should know, I specifically went after summer Leo back in the day.

uuuu not sure. I like Ike but the Brave and Legendary Version I have are enough and another version wouldnt make me pull for him unless it has something unique going on for it. I also like the Nifl siblings yet i didnt go for their new year version, although Gunnthras New Year version was very interesting. As I said one version usually is enough for me unless the 2. version really brings somethign new to the table

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Radiant Aether is actually ridiculously good, since basically every Killer special is good. its just weird people somehow didn't ever try to min max it the same way people did with Black Luna, but it was a huge component why Bike is a mainstay for cheap Abyssal strats

Mind, Hilda was talking about pulling for Ike w/o Radiant Aether. Probs should've quoted her for context, but I didn't expect the page to refresh.

(And personally I don't value -1 cd on specials that highly. It's not bad, of course, and I like it when I have it, but I don't go out of my way to run it.)

Edit: I should not type when I'm sleep deprived, didn't even see you weren't replying to me LUL.

Edited by DehNutCase

People pull for characters/games they like/love however the strength of the unit and the skills they came with also are a huge draw probably for whales.  Like what if Fury 4 was +8 to all stats and -4 damage, I'm sure it would bring in an incredible amount of money from people who never played the Tellius games or even know who Greil is.  

Well I hope this is the last seasonal til Spring banner, even though this is an amazing selection of characters.  We need the story to progress at something beyond a snail pace and would be nice to get more new heroes into the game.  

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Also Fury4 is very very lackluster compared to the other Tier4 skills.

Fury 4 is equivalent to Swift Sparrow 2 + Bracing Blow 2 + Kestrel Stance 2 + Bracing Stance 2 + activates your Desperation more easily + kills your Quick Riposte faster.

It's a huge upgrade for player-phase units who would previously run Swift Sparrow 2 and lose out on Fury 3's +3 Def and Res or run Fury 3 and lose out on Swift Sparrow 2's +1 Atk and Spd.

58 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

wow i feel scammed

@DehNutCase So do I. All those arguments feel meaningless now.

Interestingly, I think Radiant Aether is the first time a seasonal unit has gotten an exclusive non-weapon skill.

Also the second time a non-weapon exclusive skill (other than Sing/Dance) has shown up on multiple units, after Black Luna.

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm not completely a heartless min-maxer, after all, and PoR + RD were my favorite FE games. The funny thing? I liked them because they were easy, like, god damn they had some busted units in that game.

Edit: Like, Conquest is fun and all, but sometimes you just want to watch Ike Aether people into the ground for 30 minutes.

Agreed. I can't play CQ in long durations, too stressful and demanding for that.

I see we've totally opposite views on this a game, a utilitarian you, and me a subjectivist (though a utilitarian in every other game).

7 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Wait, Valentine Titania is a staff unit? I thought she was a red tome!

She's a red tome unit in the same way that Adrift Azura's and Camilla's weapons count as tomes.

Because the name of the weapon type in Japanese is "red magic", not "red tome".

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's a red tome unit in the same way that Adrift Azura's and Camilla's weapons count as tomes.

Is it possible that she had a red staff planned, and they changed their mind about colored staffs? How do they refer to staffs in Japanese?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see, if that's so i'm suspecting she has a pfr weapon as it's very different looking from the Blar/Groonblossoms. 

I don't exactly like how they never make complete sets of weapons for the powers givens in Special Heroes but i'm used to it by now. They could at least make the missing weapons of the sets a the pfr of older units before refinement. But that's just me wanting complete sets of everything (I'm still waiting for that FS Axe). 

2 hours ago, Tree said:

Is it possible that she had a red staff planned, and they changed their mind about colored staffs? How do they refer to staffs in Japanese?

In skill descriptions, red tomes are abbreviated 赤魔 (aka ma) with the full name being 赤の魔道 (aka no madou), "red magic", which is visible when you tap the weapon type icon. The other colors follow suit.

Staves are 杖 (tsue), which translates as "staff" or "rod".

I'm not sure why this is causing as much of a commotion as it is when Legendary Azura's blue tome weapon is also a staff-shaped stick.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure why this is causing as much of a commotion as it is when Legendary Azura's blue tome weapon is also a staff-shaped stick.

Main difference seems to be that Azura didn't have cute chibi art of her drawn by Sharena circulating around prior to her release. And maybe Gray Waves stole some of the spotlight too.

I'm really hyped and curious for Nino's and Tharja's new weapon/refines. I have both of them at +10 and they are part of my arena core team (at least for now since they, together with Eirika, are the only +10s I have).

Anxious for the update to hit.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

I'm really hyped and curious for Nino's and Tharja's new weapon/refines. I have both of them at +10 and they are part of my arena core team (at least for now since they, together with Eirika, are the only +10s I have).

Also hyped for the refines now. I don't have either of +10. But I have saved up enough Tharja, Oboro merges and feathers. After the update I will make my decision and can at least instantly +7 one of them. 

Edited by Stroud

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Me too, i have only Bride Tharja as a Red Tome 5 star and i want something more interesting, so i'm thinking of upgrading Tharja if her Refine is interesting. I could upgrade Morgan too but Tharja was a character i used more in Awakening and i find her a lot more interesting than him, even if Heroes/Warriors were determined to ruin her characterization.

Do you think they will keep the Blade effect for her tome?

Found this on reddit.

The irony of this post is that I pulled for Hector and got his daughter and want to pull for Greil but am afraid of getting tacoblocked by Mist.

It was like

Lillina:  "I bet you were expecting my father! I'm sure I'm much nicer to look at, right?!" (with -ATK)

Me: *PUNCH*

That merge update is a huge blessing for my units. That +Atk -Spd Airzura+2 I've had since forever is now just +Atk so she's gotten like 5x better and the same goes for my +Def -Spd Sigurd that is now just +Def. Damn, I knew this was going to be good but it's a lot better than I thought!!!