Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

We got the last event calendar the night the FE10 banner opened, right? Hopefully they do the same thing here, except without the unexpected seasonal banner part.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So appareantly someone spotted this achievement badge for iOS

Reveal hidden contents

image0.jpg

That means new story chapter I believe, but what on Earth am I looking at?

Huh, yeah. Should be some sort of clue, but I have no idea who it is.

Where'd you find that?

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Where'd you find that?

Someone posted in Discord chat. Looks interesting, but it doesn't say anything to me.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Where'd you find that?

It's Lif, overlays perfectly with his sprite. These images come from the Google achievements thingy for clearing story chapters. This would mean that he's on the heading of the next chapter image, which could potentially indicate that he could be on the next banner itself. Since this is pretty early on in the story, I doubt it, since Helbindi appeared on a chapter banner long before he was summonable.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

It's Lif, overlays perfectly with his sprite. These images come from the Google achievements thingy for clearing story chapters. This would mean that he's on the heading of the next chapter image, which could potentially indicate that he could be on the next banner itself. Since this is pretty early on in the story, I doubt it, since Helbindi appeared on a chapter banner long before he was summonable.

Hmm, alright.

The other three Book 3 achievement icons so far are Eir, Thraisir, and Hel, so it doesn't seem to mean anything. Lif will presumably be released after Book 3 ends.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Hmm, alright.

The other three Book 3 achievement icons so far are Eir, Thraisir, and Hel, so it doesn't seem to mean anything. Lif will presumably be released after Book 3 ends.

Yeah, I immediately went to check after posting to remind myself that this is completely normal and reaffirm that Lif will probably have nothing to do with the actual summoning banner. These kinds of Google achievement things have been released early quite a few times, which is how we came to expect the flying Olivia alt and Flora's banner, so in the future the same thing can become a bit of a juicy leak.

Finally @mampfoid! I’ve finished my Niles merging project and he’s at 5*+10 :O

I’ve given him his special refine, although I’m not sure if the [Res] refine would be better for what I use him. Probably I’ll post here and in the compendium the photo tomorrow. 

Now it’s time to wish that a Loki decides to pity break me or be in a focus that I care

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Finally @mampfoid! I’ve finished my Niles merging project and he’s at 5*+10 :O

I’ve given him his special refine, although I’m not sure if the [Res] refine would be better for what I use him. Probably I’ll post here and in the compendium the photo tomorrow. 

Now it’s time to wish that a Loki decides to pity break me or be in a focus that I care

Cool, I'm looking forward to see him! Congrats!

How many do you have at +10 now? Four? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I'm still at 3. Just because I don't have idea who to +10. 

I have Donnel at +4 (basically blue brave ike set), and a bunch of Eliwoods (completely built, Blazing Durandal/L&D/Galeforce, +Speed) and Effies (DC Berkut’s Lance, but bad iv’s), but I think I’ll give some 5* upgraded fodder and 5* promotions first. 

And well, I want 2 more Silas to give Clive Even Def Wave 3 and Armorsmasher+ to make him a Silas with other blessing (he has yet Steady Stance 3), but that’s another issue

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yup.

• Melee infantry and all armors got +1 base and +10% growths.
  • Ranged infantry got +1 base and +5% growths.
  • Melee fliers got +10% growths.
  • Melee cavalry and ranged fliers got +5% growths.
  • Ranged cavalry got nothing.

What do you expect of the potential arrive of Gen 3 Infantry Units?

+2 Bases and +15% growths compared with Gen 1?

Maybe +2 Bases +10% in Ranged's cases?

Edited by Troykv

with the loss of a swordbreaker (full staff damage would have worked too, but breaker was the least scarce resource) fodder, I managed to get winter Eirika's flower, now I'm on to the more tedious task of leveling up characters I was never motivated to.

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

What do you expect of the potential arrive of Gen 3 Infantry Units?

180 BST infantry units.

Random idea for a game mode I thought of: Shifting Skirmishes.

You and another player play on the same battlefield at the same time against one large CPU enemy force.

Rather than give a player all the time in the world to make decisions however, you only have a limited amount of time to consider and make your next moves before things pass to the next player or CPU.

Therefore, having only 15-30 seconds to decide (for 4 units per team), you must think quick, adding a slight frantic and energetic quality. That would hopefully increase the co-op quality of this mode as well. At the end of a series of maps, the player is rewarded perhaps according to how much time they took to an extent.

Or, they could do a Berwick Saga thing and alternate who moves after every action. So Player 1 moves 1 unit, then things shift to Player 2 who moves one of their's. The CPU moves 1-2 units then (more based on their quantity). Then things go back to Player 1, who gets to move 1 unit not the 1 they moved on the last turn, and the cycle continues until all units have moved once, then you can move any unit again.

Or, they could combine both of these ideas.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I've been busy with EO: Nexus and work that it took me until just about an hour ago to squad assault. It's, uh, a thing.

How is it? I'm not rushing to get the game yet. I'm not hankering for EO right now, but I plan to get it eventually.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How is it? I'm not rushing to get the game yet. I'm not hankering for EO right now, but I plan to get it eventually.

I'm not super far into it, but from what I can tell, it's pretty fun. The world map format is rather different, but that's not a bad thing. All of the voices are in Japanese, so that may take some getting used to. My only real complaint is that the fencer class did not make it into the base game, because now I can't recreate my five guild leaders :P

40 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not super far into it, but from what I can tell, it's pretty fun. The world map format is rather different, but that's not a bad thing. All of the voices are in Japanese, so that may take some getting used to. My only real complaint is that the fencer class did not make it into the base game, because now I can't recreate my five guild leaders :P

Fencer is fun, I've used a Chain Duelist recently and its my first use of a chaser. I've got to do another V run with a Phantom Duelist, Shield Bearer and Blade Dancer, and then Spirit Broker and Divine Herald. 

Admittedly, one of my issues with Nexus is that they needed more backrow stuff. A Warlock with an Omnimancer focus and Alchemist with a leaning on Palms (yeah I know these are front row) would've been nice, as would Dancer for a non-Sovereign buffer.

This said, I've already got my Nexus team in mind. Definitely Hero, a Ninja sans clones (so ails and dodgetanking), a Gunner or Zodiac for backrow offense, a Harbinger for healing, and... not sure but maybe Highlander or Shogun, or the other of the Zodiac/Gunner. I want to raise a Farmer, but since I'm afraid my team would be seriously lacking if I tried raising it as a 5th without a backup, I'll use the Memory Conch for it.

*Sigh* I wish we'd have gotten a III Untold. I want a Wildling, plus Buccaneer, throw in a Monk with Cesti available as weapons now thanks to V so I could use it offensively well (which I heard you couldn't in III). Add in an Arbalist, and either Gladiator, or a Yggdroid that isn't a crawling tin can of problem. I never got to play EOIII, and I heard it horribly lacks class balance, and it is antiquated by now, so an Untold would've been great for it. I really like the exotic, dramatic, and eclectic class designs.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the successor to Etrian Odyssey Atlus has planned and teased presumably for Switch.

If this seems totally off topic, well Eclipse shouldn't mind being fellow traveler of the Labyrinths of the World Tree. And this will be my last post on the matter. Plus I'm just killing time waiting for the next calendar to drop. Where are my next back to back Seasonals?

Much as I like the class lineup of EO: Nexus, it's a bummer than fencer and necromancer and other really cool unique classes got left out. And as much as I like arcanist and especially imperial, it's weird seeing them in Nexus. They were very tied to the world of EO4 and seem a bit out of place without it.

In FE-related things, we likely won't get a calendar until after the Greil's Devoted banner comes out.

8 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I have Donnel at +4 (basically blue brave ike set), and a bunch of Eliwoods (completely built, Blazing Durandal/L&D/Galeforce, +Speed) and Effies (DC Berkut’s Lance, but bad iv’s), but I think I’ll give some 5* upgraded fodder and 5* promotions first. 

And well, I want 2 more Silas to give Clive Even Def Wave 3 and Armorsmasher+ to make him a Silas with other blessing (he has yet Steady Stance 3), but that’s another issue

Well, I have BH!Roy at +5 so there is no need for Eliwood (even if his refine closes the gap), I don't like armors, but I was playing with the thought of a super-donnel.

Biggest problem I'm having with choosing my next +10 unit is the limited utility. For example: I was considering Oscar for +10, because I'm using him for Galeforce shenanigans. But I do have a +SPD and a +ATK Summer Cordelia. At +1 Cordelia has -1 ATK and +1 SPD compared to Oscar +10 with the same nature.