Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They have surely tallied all the totals and know the winners.  The reason they are holding back is cause the final four we chose were so stupendous and incredible that if they revealed it now almost everyone would save all their orbs for that banner.  Or at least I'm hoping.  

Yeah, that seems likely. I think it is a good idea to spread Foci that are cash cows to be spaced apart from each other instead of having them run at the same time.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

They’ll just make a Panic Ploy banner once they add a third summonable hero who has it hope you love the Luke though.

Or, you could try to be me and just have him randomly fall into your lap from a banner that he isn’t even on.

HA. I hadn't even seen Luke until within the past month! Of course since that first Luke I've seen him twice more...

Oh what I'd give for Zelgius to just happen... though knowing me, I'll just get another Mia or Ayra or someone who is very clearly not in scarred sacred armor...

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that seems likely. I think it is a good idea to spread Foci that are cash cows to be spaced apart from each other instead of having them run at the same time.

You say that, but then the Find and Vote heroes banner AND the Legendary Heroes banner will be running almost completely parallel each other, on top of being right in the middle of the New Heroes banner (though I don't remember if this is the banner that'll have Binding Blade heroes on it or next months New Heroes banner...)

Gods please let these upcoming new heroes be easy to get...

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder what the chances of Zelgius appearing on a Skills banner are... another Stance banner? Units with Unique Skills? Unique Specials? Distant Counter weapons?

Cause there's no chance in hell that Zelgius, the one unit I'm missing from the normal summoning pool, is gonna be the top Red from this thing. Not when [insert literally any Red unit post-Zelgius] exists...

Hmm a lot of those options involve colour-sharing.

I think he was already in a stance banner with Shiro and Morgan so that's out. (Unless he is like Klein who returns in Death Blow banners and he'll come with Kana F, Dorcas and Silas). Or have a specifically Fierce Stance banner with Zelgius, Dorcas and Kana F.

Unique Specials would mean he shares with Ayra (maybe 2 unit banner?). Or maybe add Owain since Blue Flame only comes from him, even if it's inheritable.

Unique Passive Skills could be interesting. It could be Zelgius's Warp Powder, Brave Hector's Ostian Counter, Nailah's Glare and/or Brave Celica's Double Lion. They could even add Sigurd's Crusader's Ward, B!Lyn's Sacae's Blessing and B!Ike Beorc Blessing but they were already in the Ward skills Banner.

DC weapons would mean a lot of swords though, with Raijinto and Ragnell. Dorcas again could appear here though, maybe with Hardin.

That or just hope for a Zelgius BHB with someone- maybe Micaiah again, since they do repeat units now for BHBs.

43 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

HA. I hadn't even seen Luke until within the past month! Of course since that first Luke I've seen him twice more...

Oh what I'd give for Zelgius to just happen... though knowing me, I'll just get another Mia or Ayra or someone who is very clearly not in scarred sacred armor...

You say that, but then the Find and Vote heroes banner AND the Legendary Heroes banner will be running almost completely parallel each other, on top of being right in the middle of the New Heroes banner (though I don't remember if this is the banner that'll have Binding Blade heroes on it or next months New Heroes banner...)

Gods please let these upcoming new heroes be easy to get...

They said the Binding Blade banner will be in March, so it'll be the later one.

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Kinda hate how it's taking so long to see the results of Find & Vote. I just want to know the winners for closure and to see if I should try for banners ending before the Find & Vote banner :/

That's probably why they're delaying the winners so I waste orbs on banners beforehand out of impatience

They're probably waiting for the intern to finish photoshopping together the banner art. This is the real reason why it takes 6 months to plan a banner.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With more Three Houses news coming out tomorrow; it makes me wonder when and how many banners will be in Heroes in the upcoming months.

I'm guessing like with SOV, we'll get three in the first few months, but unlike SOV, it'll keep getting more periodically after that point.

47 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With more Three Houses news coming out tomorrow; it makes me wonder when and how many banners will be in Heroes in the upcoming months.

My prediction is first comes the lord trio/quartet, with less than ultimate legendary weapons (no full powered Siegfried and Rajinto right away again, please!). Perhaps they come with close allies from the first few chapters who aren't at all spoilers, a GHB would feature either an ally who starts as a villain like Navarre, or an early villain who isn't spoilers heavy. 

Later, IS does a poll asking about who is popular from 3H. The top picks are considered and memes and other Internet junk is factored in, together, they form a new banner out of them.

Lord alts reflecting them at full power and the true villains come maybe a year later, long enough for a lot of people to have cleared the game, whether they come on New Heroes banners or go the way of Legendaries and Mythics is debatable.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Not necessarily. Because the only times I'm even relatively tempted to spend money on this game is when there's 3 banners running at the same time and there's no WAY I can get everyone I want. I would assume it's similar even with people who spend.

The longer the wait between banners, the longer we have to collect free orbs and get what we want for free. Like right now, there haven't been any banners I want for maybe 4 days, and I'm already at 50 orbs (Thank you anniversary)! So by the time one comes around I'll have enough F2P orbs to realistically get everyone I want. But if they put two banners up, I'll only have enough to get one banner and will have to spend to get anything on the second banner.

5 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Not necessarily. Because the only times I'm even relatively tempted to spend money on this game is when there's 3 banners running at the same time and there's no WAY I can get everyone I want. I would assume it's similar even with people who spend.

The longer the wait between banners, the longer we have to collect free orbs and get what we want for free. Like right now, there haven't been any banners I want for maybe 4 days, and I'm already at 50 orbs (Thank you anniversary)! So by the time one comes around I'll have enough F2P orbs to realistically get everyone I want. But if they put two banners up, I'll only have enough to get one banner and will have to spend to get anything on the second banner.

Putting multiple desirable banners too close to each other has the problem that paying players need to split their budget across all of those banners.

While saving free orbs may be seen as a problem, it's more important to make sure that paying players have time to save money to buy more orbs. After all, players can't pay you more money after they have already spent all that they can.

1 minute ago, Kiran_ said:

As a paying player, I still prioritize my spending. While I do not have a strict budget that I follow, I generally try to avoid spending too much in one month. Even if they cram a bunch of Foci featuring new Special Hero Dancers/Singers, I will probably only be willing to collect units from one or two Foci at most.

We still also don't really know how large the cast of Three Houses is going to be although I expect it to be decently so considering it will probably be split into multiple armies with their own specific characters. 

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

As a paying player, I still prioritize my spending. While I do not have a strict budget that I follow, I generally try to avoid spending too much in one month. Even if they cram a bunch of Foci featuring new Special Hero Dancers/Singers, I will probably only be willing to collect units from one or two Foci at most.

I guess that's what I mean. For the players without strict budgets, they probably get a little more with 2 desirable Foci at the same time I would assume. I can see how 3+ wouldn't net them any more cash, but just from a standpoint of marketing, people tend to spend a little more when there's 2 things drawing their resources. Especially if their target is people who don't have set budgets.

Also @Ice Dragon, question! If you have a budget of $100 per two weeks or something, and only 1 foci banner comes out and you spend $50 on it and get everything, wouldn't it be in their best interest to put out two to make sure you always spend the max of your budget? Or do you always spend $100 on the one banner?

Edited by Kiran_

7 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Also @Ice Dragon, question! If you have a budget of $100 per two weeks or something, and only 1 foci banner comes out and you spend $50 on it and get everything, wouldn't it be in their best interest to put out two to make sure you always spend the max of your budget? Or do you always spend $100 on the one banner?

My monthly budget is always smaller than the amount of stuff I want each month, so that's a situation I'm pretty much never going to be in. There's also the fact that with a monthly budget instead of a two-week budget, I have more flexibility in shifting budget to other banners if I come out under budget on a banner.

Hypothetically speaking, it would be in their best interest to put out a second banner, but only for a brand new banner and not a banner that was moved forward on the schedule (because moving a banner forward on the schedule means losing income later to get more income now). In terms of the Find and Vote Heroes banner, which I believe was what this line of discussion was about, it would end up being the latter.

Outside of obvious high-spending time periods due to the availability of money (the winter holidays and summer), it's still generally best to keep good things evenly spaced out.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Indeed.  This month there are several cash cows.  This valentine banner containing the most popular character in the series in a much awaited new version and finally different move type is definitely a big one.  Ike also is one of the best fodder characters in the game as well, then you have the debut of Greil.  The new heroes banner is likely either Fallen Heroes 2 or Fates beasts (Selkie, Velouria, etc) which will be another huge banner.  Then the vote banner which will be must pull for many people, and then the legendary banner which always draws a good amount.  It is quite a packed month.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My monthly budget is always smaller than the amount of stuff I want each month, so that's a situation I'm pretty much never going to be in. There's also the fact that with a monthly budget instead of a two-week budget, I have more flexibility in shifting budget to other banners if I come out under budget on a banner.

Hypothetically speaking, it would be in their best interest to put out a second banner, but only for a brand new banner and not a banner that was moved forward on the schedule (because moving a banner forward on the schedule means losing income later to get more income now). In terms of the Find and Vote Heroes banner, which I believe was what this line of discussion was about, it would end up being the latter.

Outside of obvious high-spending time periods due to the availability of money (the winter holidays and summer), it's still generally best to keep good things evenly spaced out.

Gotcha! Thanks for explaining. Though I do wonder if the average player is as thought out and meticulous as you are. Haha. But it's a smart way to be if you are going to spend money on a game. I also like when they space things out, but only because it keeps me from spending. Lol.

Well, I got a 2nd Loki today on the last BHB returning banner and while I was contemplating merging her on my old one (since this new one is +Spd/-Atk and the old one is +Atk/-Spd), I got the better idea to fodder her.

Now my Nino has Odd Atk Wave. She's a scary little monster now.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My monthly budget is always smaller than the amount of stuff I want each month

Is it even possible for budgets to ever be bigger than the amount of stuff a player wants, since a bigger budget comes with bigger goals?

If I had a higher income, I would definitely collect one of each Legendary/Mythic Hero and summon newer ranged nukes. Right now, I just focus on Dancers/Singers and Special Heroes. If I had an even higher income, I would +10 every unit. If I am an aircraft carrier, then I would merge each unit to +10 multiple times with different natures and builds. If I am a supercarrier, I would probably just bribe Nintendo and Intelligent Systems for what I want and fund the development of Heroes myself.

17 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Now my Nino has Odd Atk Wave. She's a scary little monster now.

Very fitting. She will now always have Atk+12 and always do her best.

if this new banner is the Fates beasts, it'll be a skip. So please let it be them. I don't know why, but I just didn't find myself drawn to the beasts in Fates. Yarne was adorably awkward, but more in a "dawww...I'll keep you safe, little bunny" versus anything approaching my interest in the Tellius beasts. 

15 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

if this new banner is the Fates beasts, it'll be a skip. So please let it be them. I don't know why, but I just didn't find myself drawn to the beasts in Fates. Yarne was adorably awkward, but more in a "dawww...I'll keep you safe, little bunny" versus anything approaching my interest in the Tellius beasts. 

But yarne isn’t a fates character. He’s an awakening character. The fates beasts are kaden, keaton, selkie, and velouria.

Edited by Ottservia

I used to not have a budget. Then I spent about a student debt's worth on this game, vowed to cut back, and realized I spent way more in January (Laguz, Hostile Springs weapons) than December (Winter Eirika). As I want to keep spending at December levels and not January levels, I have a target of one or two heroes to get two copies of. I'd feel much more satisfied with a crippling flaw erased.

This month, the hero is Valentine's Ike. For March/April, whenever they rerun the banner, it'll be Spring Catria. May will be saving orbs, June will be a splurge as I complete Summer Cordelia and Tana and see if pulling one of the new bridal heroes still running won't break me. Bridal and first summer overlapped, did they?

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

When you pull a 5* with a new Prf...

They don't start with their Prf learned. LUL.

Or given any (ideally the bonus effect) refine. 

Dew is still a stringent commodity right? Making it so NP'ed characters on their NP banner come with an innate refine might be good for Orb pressure. IS doesn't make money off Dew in any way, right?

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or given any (ideally the bonus effect) refine. 

Dew is still a stringent commodity right? Making it so NP'ed characters on their NP banner come with an innate refine might be good for Orb pressure. IS doesn't make money off Dew in any way, right?

The monthly orb pack occasionally comes with 60 Refining Stones as the "bonus", so they sort of do. But it'd take four of those packs to refine just one Prf weapon, and because the rewards rotate every three months, it means you get a grand total of one Prf refine a year from them. Whoop-de-doo.