Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am surpised that no one mentioned that the next legendary hero is 

Reveal hidden contents

Roy

That's because it's already constantly being talked about in the current legendary banner thread.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sigh... I keep having to hold on to everything lately only to not use it. Maybe I should just get some feathers.

There's no need to hurry. Nephenee is worth far more for Wrath than for feathers, on someone or another.

If you need feathers that much, do some HM grinding. You can get 1k feathers from auto-battling CC 1+2 Normal with less than 3 stamina potions' worth of stamina.

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on my spare Nephenee (HP/Spd) too. It's really tempting to just merge her into my Atk/Spd copy to fix that very nasty bane. On the other hand, I don't really use her at all so it'd just be a theoretical improvement for the most part. With the SI changes coming up, I could pass Slaying Lance+ in addition to Wrath too, so it's a little extra value.

Thanks to insane luck, I got two Velouria in around 70 orbs, one of which was neutral, which is the one I'm using now with a nice merge. 

With 42 HP, 51 Atk, 41 Spd, 33 Def and 23 Res, how should I build her? Swift Sparrow/Fury Desperation always works, of course, but I've got some spicy fodder, like Steady Breath and Wrath, and I was wondering if I could use that. (The spare Sturdy Impact is for Cynthia, who should get into the game at around 2025 when no one is playing anymore).

8 hours ago, Othin said:

There's no need to hurry. Nephenee is worth far more for Wrath than for feathers, on someone or another.

If you need feathers that much, do some HM grinding. You can get 1k feathers from auto-battling CC 1+2 Normal with less than 3 stamina potions' worth of stamina.

I don't like HM grinding, so no thanks. I think it's too slow and tedious.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like HM grinding, so no thanks. I think it's too slow and tedious.

1,000 Feathers can be gained by just waiting a few extra days doing daily quests and whatever event is going on.

If you do PvP modes, that alone averages out to more than 1,000 Feathers per day. (3,000 Arena Participation; 1,800 Arena Tier 18; 2,400 Arena Assault top 20,000)

I personally do not see how speeding up promotion for any unit by a few days is worth more than skill fodder. If you do PvP, you are speeding up the promotion by less than a day.

Edited by XRay

@Rezzy @Arcanite Finally got the Greil Squad all built up!

Spoiler

7vNsvkV.png LJeq5Gf.png

EUSrfC0.png fiT4XCp.png

Greil took the longest to finish because of Fury 4 and needing to get more refining stones. But all's well that ends well! And these guys will get lots of use, I can tell you that, not only because I love them but also because look at those IVs! I still can't believe how lucky I got here. XD

I should upgrade that Res seal for Greil sometime though. I opted to boost his Res because I got him with extra good Def, so both those stats will be great! Mist will also need a second C skill to use when I don't need G Tome Valor. But I haven't decided on that yet.

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy @Arcanite Finally got the Greil Squad all built up!

Hide contents

7vNsvkV.png LJeq5Gf.png

EUSrfC0.png fiT4XCp.png

Greil took the longest to finish because of Fury 4 and needing to get more refining stones. But all's well that ends well! And these guys will get lots of use, I can tell you that, not only because I love them but also because look at those IVs! I still can't believe how lucky I got here. XD

I should upgrade that Res seal for Greil sometime though. I opted to boost his Res because I got him with extra good Def, so both those stats will be great! Mist will also need a second C skill to use when I don't need G Tome Valor. But I haven't decided on that yet.

Either a Tactic or Drive skill would be good for Mist, since you have 2 Cavs/2 Armors.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Either a Tactic or Drive skill would be good for Mist, since you have 2 Cavs/2 Armors.

Yeah, but I probably won't use them as a team themselves, at least not much, since there's no blue or colorless unit for more balance. But a Tactic or Drive skill isn't a bad idea anyway. Could also throw a cav buff skill on.

6 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Instant 5* Panne and now I am struggling with giving her a A skill. Guess I have to wait until Solo skills become more frequent or I have enough luck with some pity breaks..

Could always take a page from the GHB and slap Panne with some Fury.

Unless you're invested in Panne, being so generous to her and giving her a Solo skill (of which Atk/Spd is locked to Leirika and Atk/Def I'm fairly certain is locked to seasonals) might be a little overkill, at least if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Could always take a page from the GHB and slap Panne with some Fury.

Unless you're invested in Panne, being so generous to her and giving her a Solo skill (of which Atk/Spd is locked to Leirika and Atk/Def I'm fairly certain is locked to seasonals) might be a little overkill, at least if you ask me.

Lately I don't have any luck with Hinata, for me red reached the point even fodder gets scarce =/ At least I could give her fury 2 for now. 

And yeah, I intend to invest a bit more in her out of all the GHB. I will wait until Camus gets a refine though. It's been a long time since I invested into him.

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Lately I don't have any luck with Hinata, for me red reached the point even fodder gets scarce =/ At least I could give her fury 2 for now. 

If you ever reach a desperate point, Fallen Takumi does offer Fury 3 at 4*, so you can always spend some Heroic Grails on a copy of him for it.

Though I'm still saving my Grails for when I KNOW I need them... such as I realize I'm REALLY invested in a unit. Which... hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

If you ever reach a desperate point, Fallen Takumi does offer Fury 3 at 4*, so you can always spend some Heroic Grails on a copy of him for it.

Though I'm still saving my Grails for when I KNOW I need them... such as I realize I'm REALLY invested in a unit. Which... hasn't happened yet.

Already was at that desperate point that I foddered one Fallen Takumi for that. And the second one was for Speed Smoke. At least I have 2 left just in case.

And same, until they increase they Grail income I'd rather not use them for skills for now. Its not that I need to push her instantly. Guess I also have reached the point I really need to think about which units I want to use and which skills to fodder for. I would not consider foddering Solo skills easily to Panne if I only have 1 copy of those. I just find that Solo skills are a good match for her, because of her weapon skill and movement type. 

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

Already was at that desperate point that I foddered one Fallen Takumi for that. And the second one was for Speed Smoke. At least I have 2 left just in case.

And same, until they increase they Grail income I'd rather not use them for skills for now. Its not that I need to push her instantly. Guess I also have reached the point I really need to think about which units I want to use and which skills to fodder for. I would not consider foddering Solo skills easily to Panne if I only have 1 copy of those. I just find that Solo skills are a good match for her, because of her weapon skill and movement type. 

Oh most definitely, Panne would be an awesome fit for a Solo skill. They're just so rare as is...

Training Panne up worked out nicely. Had her take on the lv14 and lv28 Special Training maps (conveniently the melee ones), with Reyson/Micaiah/Loki as support, then used that team to take on Panne's GHB on Hard and the new Chain Challenge 3+4 on Normal, since I hadn't done those yet. That turned out to be more than enough to hit 40.

And huh, it's only now hitting me that I forgot to give her a sacred seal. Guess she didn't need one.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Basically the same here. They haven't released a character that I care about enough to use my grails on. It's a small list to begin with and most of them are more likely to be banner units anyway.  

I think atk/def solo is on Flora. 

my grails - are going for the skills I'm afraid. 
unless they demote units w/Swift Sparrow, and Hinoka for Hone Fliers, Camilla and Naesala are toast. 
(i only need one Def Smoke), but Panne lives until i get more DC fodder. 

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I think atk/def solo is on Flora.

Flora is Atk/Res Solo, which Panne... doesn't have much of.

Old comment (before I noticed there was an "is" between solo and on):

Flora actually works great with Sturdy Impact. Same Atk as Atk/Def or Atk/Res Solo, but more Def and disables enemy follow-up and even gives her more Def than Res, so if you ever dreamed of making Flora an ironic pyrotechnic, well the dream exists!

...of course I do not wish you ever use Tibarn for that if you experience difficulties getting Tibarn.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Flora actually works great with Sturdy Impact. Same Atk as Atk/Def or Atk/Res Solo, but more Def and disables enemy follow-up and even gives her more Def than Res, so if you ever dreamed of making Flora an ironic pyrotechnic, well the dream exists!

...of course I do not wish you ever use Tibarn for that if you experience difficulties getting Tibarn.

I bet she would!! (i don't have Flora). I LOVE Airzura and I use her a lot, but man i get mad at her that she ate all my orbs, and I couldn't really go fishing for Floras and SY Tikis. (For shame Airzura, for Shame!!)

I'm not sure - i was talking to a friend about this - how i feel about Tibarn/Beasts in general (minus Leanne and reyson because i love them and they dancer. winning!!)  they are spiffy and cool. but they are kinda locked to their weapons,  and whatever they can do, while it takes some finagling - i can do it with units i already have. if i get +atk tibarn - he stays LOL other Tibarns will probably be food (same w/Nailah - once i figure out who exactly benefits from her B Skill. Keaton/Velouria (i'd probably keep and use a lot, esp. Velouria... who is basically colourless Nailah), and Selkie/Kaden are meh for me. 

I think maybe it would be different if most of them were in the 4* pool (at least). but they all are (minus Reyson) 5* exclusive locked, and while Leanne is gonna be a project, everything trumps them in terms of priority. 

Listening to Panne's Tap! Quotes, and she described her Taguel form as looking like a rabbit. Anybody else think that's weird? Did they ever use the word "rabbit" or "bunny" in Awakening? Sounds like a diminutive thing to call yourself when rabbits are stigmatized as cuddly, harmless creatures.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Listening to Panne's Tap! Quotes, and she described her Taguel form as looking like a rabbit. Anybody else think that's weird? Did they ever use the word "rabbit" or "bunny" in Awakening? Sounds like a diminutive thing to call yourself when rabbits are stigmatized as cuddly, harmless creatures.

she says "If you desire it, I will keep you safe. ...I have lucky rabbit feet, after all."

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

In her B support with Robin they talk about her being a "rabbit". She does not get offended so it's alright anyway I guess.

Put the Support in spoiler tag. And I just assume that the japanese one is almost the same. 

Spoiler
  • Robin: So, do all shape-shifters turn into rabbits, Panne?
  • Panne: No. There were others, far from here. Tribes of cat-wearers and bird-wearers.
  • Robin: Whoa, I would have loved to see that...I bet they were so cuddly and cute! Er...sorry. I probably shouldn't call a race of proud warriors "cute."
  • Panne: They were not cute. At least, not like the rabbit-wearers are cute. But then, what is? Nothing.
  • Robin: Heh heh, r-right. So did you ever meet these tribes yourself?
  • Panne: Long ago. How they fare now, I do not know. Perhaps they shared the same bloody fate of my people...
  • Robin: I...I didn't mean to...
  • Panne: I am sorry. There is no call for you to share in my gloom. So, another question?
  • Robin: Oh... Um, well, what do you like to eat?
  • Panne: Taguel eat many things.
  • Robin: No, I mean you, specifically. I'm on kitchen duty tonight—I'll cook whatever you want.It was my being nosey that made you sad, right? Let me cheer you back up!
  • Panne: You are...oddly kind.
  • Robin: So let me guess... Carrot stew?
  • Panne: ...How did you know?
  • Robin: Ha ha, sorry! I know just because you're a rabbit doesn't mean... Wait, I was right?

Edited by Stroud