Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The difference between 5* and 4* is absolutely massive.  Not only with stats, but with starting and available skills.  5* is pretty much required for the tougher content.  If I had known how huge the difference was, and if I knew the ridiculous 20,000 feather cost to upgrade to 5*, I would have kept rerolling on Day 1 instead of linking my Nintendo account.  Oh well...I got my 5* Marth after 20(!) summons, and now I happily solo pretty much everything up through Chapter 8 on Hard with him.

Saving my orbs for future banners; more than likely Ike (big surprise).

Edited by Eselred

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

What do you guys think of a lineup with Lucina, Camilla, Kagerou and Young Tiki? All of them are 5*, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. My original team (Lucina, Camilla, 4* Sully and Serra) was equipped to handle most situations, but lacked adequate ranged damage, which left me at a bit of a disadvantage against Mage-heavy teams. My new lineup would be able to deal with Mages, as Kagerou not only has super effective damage against foot soldiers, but also Warding Blow to soften possible counter hits. Also, Kagerou can somewhat fill Sully's shoes as a Sword unit killer, as most of the relevant sword units are foot soldiers. However, she cannot effectively kill and debuff anything not a foot soldier. Also, I don't have a dedicated healer; Tiki can heal via attacking, but isn't a super reliable source compared to Serra.

26 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What do you guys think of a lineup with Lucina, Camilla, Kagerou and Young Tiki? All of them are 5*, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. My original team (Lucina, Camilla, 4* Sully and Serra) was equipped to handle most situations, but lacked adequate ranged damage, which left me at a bit of a disadvantage against Mage-heavy teams. My new lineup would be able to deal with Mages, as Kagerou not only has super effective damage against foot soldiers, but also Warding Blow to soften possible counter hits. Also, Kagerou can somewhat fill Sully's shoes as a Sword unit killer, as most of the relevant sword units are foot soldiers. However, she cannot effectively kill and debuff anything not a foot soldier. Also, I don't have a dedicated healer; Tiki can heal via attacking, but isn't a super reliable source compared to Serra.

My initial impressions is that it's pretty solid (they're all solid units).

With 2 red units and no archers or blue units, I suppose you may struggle a bit if you hit pegasus-heavy teams. The same goes with a well-balanced mounted team, since Kagerou's usefulness drops very sharply (almost to 0) against non-infantry units. I would be surprised to see too many of those, though, with the most popular units being largely all infantry.

I don't think the lack of a dedicated healer is a problem -- I've seen plenty of teams that make do without one, and Tiki can partially heal herself anyway.

Just now, Fly_or_Die said:

My initial impressions is that it's pretty solid (they're all solid units).

With 2 red units and no archers or blue units, I suppose you may struggle a bit if you hit pegasus-heavy teams. The same goes with a well-balanced mounted team, since Kagerou's usefulness drops very sharply (almost to 0) against non-infantry units. I would be surprised to see too many of those, though, with the most popular units being largely all infantry.

I don't think the lack of a dedicated healer is a problem -- I've seen plenty of teams that make do without one, and Tiki can partially heal herself anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I think Camilla can handle Pegasi alright, but mounts could be a problem. I'll give it a shot when the Arena resets, I suppose.

Young Tiki can't self-heal, by the way, only adjacent allies get healed.

What do you guys think about Zacharias? I just cleared NM and I have the impression Zacharias is the same Masked Man. He says Zacharias is dead but that's a regular narrative trick so I don't believe it 100%. Zacharias supposedly was a skilled lancer that taught Sharena how to use lances, lances are blue icon weapon, Masked Man uses a blue tome, I think the writers might pull some crazy stuff to reveal the Masked Man as who in the past was Zacharias. Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Btw I just received hours ago the reward from using the NID with the Choose Your Legend Poll, I think we're close to know the official results :D:

What was the reward?

Henry opened his eyes in Awakening once, I think I saw him do that during a support with Morgan! When both him and Morgan are doing that smiley face with their eyes closed, they look practically the same.

As for tougher levels, I have no 5 stars, but I managed to clear most of HM chapter 8 with leveled up 4 star units.  I'm sure it'll be impossible to move much beyond that without 5 stars though D:

I feel like Zacharias has to be the Masked Man, though I'm surprised they didn't do more with the storyline regarding that in the chapters thus far.  The story has progressed super slowly (as expected), but it would've been nice if they had thrown in some more complexity with it other than 'oh no we're getting invaded again' lol.  It makes me curious as to how the whole thing is going to end.

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

What do you guys think about Zacharias? I just cleared NM and I have the impression Zacharias is the same Masked Man. He says Zacharias is dead but that's a regular narrative trick so I don't believe it 100%. Zacharias supposedly was a skilled lancer that taught Sharena how to use lances, lances are blue icon weapon, Masked Man uses a blue tome, I think the writers might pull some crazy stuff to reveal the Masked Man as who in the past was Zacharias. Any thoughts?

I think he's ripped as hell, and he's a shitty mage because of his dedication to wielding lances

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Btw I just received hours ago the reward from using the NID with the Choose Your Legend Poll, I think we're close to know the official results :D:

This came late man. It was supposed to come 2 days post-launch..not 2*3 days post launch!

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

My first response is literally "The masked man is totally not Zacharias"

After getting my Arena streak stopped five times in a row solely because of Takumi, I can safely say "FUCK TAKUMI". Who thought Close Counter was a good idea? You'd think after seven FE games, and the fact that this has happened before in Fates, IS would know how game-changing this is... RIP the two items I spent to restore my Arena tries.

delet this

I just realized this, since we have Tiki Adult and Tiki Child would there be Hardin (Cavalier) and Hardin (Emperor) or Camus (Camus), Camus (Zeek), and Camus (Sirius). Although i guess only Camus exist in the game right now so eh

That would be pretty funny lol

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Camus (Camus), Camus (Zeek), and Camus (Sirius).

Too bad Camus only had three identities. Otherwise you would have been able to build a full team entirely of Camuses!

EDIT: I had an awesome idea right now. Team of four Legions. I need this to happen, Nintendo/IS/whoever is developing the game.

Edited by Vaximillian

48 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

@the masked man/Zachrias thing:

Hide contents

Datamine of the game names the Masked Man Bruno.  So I'm guessing they're using what we perceive as a common narrative trick to mislead us.

Maybe they just learned from the Black Knight / Zelgius situation >.>

Any tips how I can beat the final story mission on hard? My current team currently are M!Robin, Linde, Hawkeye and Serra 3* and my biggest problem is Veronica that can OHKO my entire team and the damn healer that heals Veronica when I manage to wither her down. Well I know my biggest issue is it's a poor team setup against her and that my team are at lvl 30, so I'll probably have to level up a couple of levels first. I also did manage to get Lucina and Kagero today so I'm currently training them to swap out Robin and Serra. This means it will take a couple of days before I can challenge her again so I just want to hear other people thoughts.