Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm assuming those four are going to be the featured focus units for the upcoming new banner, right? I'll probably save some orbs and pull on it a bit for Ephraim or Eirika. I bet Ephraim will be one of the best, if not the best lance user (assuming slow power creep + the fact he's popular), but I can't imagine Deidre will be too strong. Not sure about Eirika/Seliph, lots of sword users competing right now. 

I also want a few characters like Joshua (he'll probably be another 5* base though), Cormag, Lakesis, Ayraand a lot more come out too. 

Edit: Oh, it's Julia not Deidre, oops. I've never made it to Gen 2, or rather I stopped just before that. I think she'll have the same problems, however.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Seliph and Julia are the main chars in Gen II, I guess Gen I and Gen II chars share the same importance. As for the artwork it is beautiful!

I know that much; I've seen a quick walkthrough of Genealogy of the Holy War so I know the basics. What I meant was that I thought Sigurd was much more iconic and popular, but that's sort of the part I don't know much about. 

I do think Seliph is a tad uninteresting on the eyes here. While I usually feel like less is more for Fire Emblem designs in general, Seliph is just...too blue.

Edited by Thane

Just now, Jayvee94 said:

The twins wear both cavalier armor.

It actually makes sense for them to be cavalry. Eliwood is mounted from the word do as well, and the trio all get horses in their promotions.

11 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Okay, I'm still unranked, so I need even more than 2900 points to be ranked...

Anyway we can help you? You probably know this, but just in case...

- You get more points the more stats (total) your team has, so being level 40 gives you most points. Merged units also give you more points.

- Use atleast one 'Bonus Character' from the arena if you have them.

- Don't let anyone die. Each death subtracts your total points earned by about 50 or so.

Eirika and Ephraim are looking good! If they end up being the next Focus, I'm sure they will end up being my new obsession for a while (instead of Lyn, Takumi, and Lucina). A part of me will be surprised if they do give the twins mounts (they gained horses upon promotion in Sacred Stones), but given the number of "foot-heavy" Lords in Fire Emblem games, I guess I shouldn't be.

Now, just to see how close or how far away I was regarding their weapons and skill set...

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Anyway we can help you? You probably know this, but just in case...

- You get more points the more stats (total) your team has, so being level 40 gives you most points. Merged units also give you more points.

- Use atleast one 'Bonus Character' from the arena if you have them.

- Don't let anyone die. Each death subtracts your total points earned by about 50 or so.

Maybe I'll have to finish the story to get higher strates so I can level up my guys, they're all around lvl 25-30.

I'll try to keep them my characters alive then, usually one of them dies because of Takumi (I blame him). Do we really get more points if we have several Bonus characters ? I thought that the bonus is given or not, but I heard that more bonus characters brought more points.

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Maybe I'll have to finish the story to get higher strates so I can level up my guys, they're all around lvl 25-30.

I'll try to keep them my characters alive then, usually one of them dies because of Takumi (I blame him). Do we really get more points if we have several Bonus characters ? I thought that the bonus is given or not, but I heard that more bonus characters brought more points.

I used to think so too, someone actually posted the rates on another site, but I see a lot of people commenting that it's not true and that you actually only need one Bonus Character. So I'm not really sure unfortunuatly =(.

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I used to think so too, someone actually posted the rates on another site, but I see a lot of people commenting that it's not true and that you actually only need one Bonus Character. So I'm not really sure unfortunuatly =(.

Tested with one account using 3 bonus and one using 1... Apparently there was no change (it´s hard to look at this because of the variables of the fight, character death and etc) but i´m almost sure you only need one to get the bonus.

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

During the Cipher live stream, Nintendo director Shingo Matsushita stopped by and showed off designs for Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Ephraim. 

C4Yh5j_VMAAaIhd.jpg

C4Yh5j9VYAIDJGD.jpg

Man, they look gorgeous, especially Ephraim and Eirika.

I admit that I'm really surprised tough: I was expecting them to add Sacred Stones and FE4 Generation 2 much later. I'm happy to see that I was wrong!

10 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

-screams about Eirika and Ephraim- I'm very pleased about this.

Woke up and this was the first post in my feed, before I saw stream vods....and j totaly squeed on the inside ~~

Wow, Seliph looks great! Feel like I've seen those colors on one of Marth's Smash 4 alt colors, though. Julia looks kinda like Sophia, but still good.

The Magvel lords look good too, and I agree that they'll most likely be horse units because that was their promotion in Sacred Stones.

Not sure if Seliph will be tho. Depends on how they'll differentiate him from Sigurd (who I remember from reading a Let's Play was always mounted, while Seliph started off on foot and gained a horse when he promoted into Sigurd's starting class), if it'll just be different Skills (plausible, I think) or if Seliph will be infantry while Sigurd will have his horse, on top of having different Skills.

So, are we gonna see Thracia characters if Jugdral's part of the next focus? Or will they be put in with Gaiden characters during the inevitable Gaiden focus when we get closer to Echoes's release?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Not sure if Seliph will be tho. Depends on how they'll differentiate him from Sigurd (who I remember from reading a Let's Play was always mounted, while Seliph started off on foot and gained a horse when he promoted into Sigurd's starting class), if it'll just be different Skills (plausible, I think) or if Seliph will be infantry while Sigurd will have his horse, on top of having different Skills.

Seliph even could dismount in Genealogy, the only unit to be able to do so. Yeah, I'd think it will be pretty sure to expect him being on foot.

I simply hope that the new set will not feature too many characters that are in the current 2 sets. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

And I hope Ephraim's on a horse and not just a regular foot soldier like everyone else.

Edited by Raven

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Seliph even could dismount in Genealogy, the only unit to be able to do so. Yeah, I'd think it will be pretty sure to expect him being on foot.

Bit off-topic, I know, but was that ever useful? Because I remember the maps in Genealogy being huge, and horses would be really good on maps that big, andI remember dismounted units having to use swords instead of lances in Thracia (never played, but I read a Let's Play of it) but Seliph already used swords, so was there any reason to use it instead of just staying mounted?

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

And I hope Ephraim's on a horse and not just a regular foot soldier like everyone else.

He will be. If Eliwood got his promotion-horse for this game, then the Magvel twins will most likely get theirs too.

Also, the way they handled it in Awakening was to make Sigurd a Paladin and Seliph a Swordmaster. Based on other characters like the FE7 Lords, they seem to be following the same routes they took with Awakening here as well.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Bit off-topic, I know, but was that ever useful? Because I remember the maps in Genealogy being huge, and horses would be really good on maps that big, andI remember dismounted units having to use swords instead of lances in Thracia (never played, but I read a Let's Play of it) but Seliph already used swords, so was there any reason to use it instead of just staying mounted?

No idea, honestly. What it was is buggy and prone to leave him permanently greyed out. Project Naga patch might have fixed that, though.

If it helps regarding Seliph's class, Awakening Seliph is by default a Swordmaster, presumably because he was raised in Isaac.  Similarly, Eirika loses her horse in Awakening and is a Myrmidon/Swordmaster as well, aside from the Bride DLC.  

Though she was basically a mounted Swordmaster before anyway, unlike Seliph.

Not gonna lie, not a big fan of Emphraim and Eirkia's art. Maybe it is just me, but they look off.

Seliph and Julia, on the other hand, look gorgeous.

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Not gonna lie, not a big fan of Emphraim and Eirkia's art. Maybe it is just me, but they look off.

Seliph and Julia, on the other hand, look gorgeous.

They look great, but their stances seem a bit stiff to me.