Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

Hmmm yeah actually. I have already Camus at 5*; and a good IV Cecilia (+att/-def). The main reasons I've been holding on was 1/ still haven't pulled any Reinhardt 2/ Hoping on Eldigan on Fury Banner and to pull him 3/ Only one Gunter as fodder for Hone Cavalry. But promoting Cecilia at least should fit the program regardless, even if i don't know yet who'll get that one Hone Cavalry.

Well it seems you have your answer then!

But if you're as indecisive as I am, you'll save to 80k and ask the same question again ;P

Also, you don't need Reinfart to make good cavalry team!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nah, it's more cancerous than that.

My Arena team this season is Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Xander

Huh alright

I fought some guy named Amphy lol

12 minutes ago, salinea said:

Hmmm yeah actually. I have already Camus at 5*; and a good IV Cecilia (+att/-def). The main reasons I've been holding on was 1/ still haven't pulled any Reinhardt 2/ Hoping on Eldigan on Fury Banner and to pull him 3/ Only one Gunter as fodder for Hone Cavalry. But promoting Cecilia at least should fit the program regardless, even if i don't know yet who'll get that one Hone Cavalry.

You seem pretty set tbh.

Xander is free and can replace Eldigan.

Ursula is free and can replace Reinhardt.

Camus, Cecilia, Ursula, and Xander make for a solid cavalry core. 

The main hurdle rn (besides the time and resources to promote and level everyone) is getting enough Hone/Fortify fodder to go around. Gunter and Jagen are fairly common pulls though, so hopefully it won't take too long. 

(Also, I don't claim to be an expert on this game, but if you wanted to know how I distributed my cavalry buffs: I gave Hone Cavalry to Xander and Cecilia and Fortify Cavalry to Reinhardt and Camus) (my team is pretty much identical to what yours could look like except I'm using Reinhardt instead of Ursula) (Blárblade Ursula works perfectly fine over Reinhardt as your blue horse mage unit though)

EDIT: @Thor Odinson Huh. I would have never expected someone else out there to have the same name. That's wild. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well it seems you have your answer then!

But if you're as indecisive as I am, you'll save to 80k and ask the same question again ;P

I probably am as indecisive as you are!!! although i've yet to stockpile feathers until 80K; 60~some is my max.

Also, you don't need Reinfart to make good cavalry team!

Nah, it's just more fun that way. But yeah i guess I could use Ursula instead.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You seem pretty set tbh.

Xander is free and can replace Eldigan.

Ursula is free and can replace Reinhardt.

Camus, Cecilia, Ursula, and Xander make for a solid cavalry core. 

The main hurdle rn (besides the time and resources to promote and level everyone) is getting enough Hone/Fortify fodder to go around. Gunter and Jagen are fairly common pulls though, so hopefully it won't take too long. 

(Also, I don't claim to be an expert on this game, but if you wanted to know how I distributed my cavalry buffs: I gave Hone Cavalry to Xander and Cecilia and Fortify Cavalry to Reinhardt and Camus) (my team is pretty much identical to what yours could look like except I'm using Reinhardt instead of Ursula) (Blárblade Ursula works perfectly fine over Reinhardt as your blue horse mage unit though)

Yup! Despite my Gunter drought i have plenty of Jagen around.

I was planning Hone Cavalry on Red Pony, yup, I meant the Red Pony could be Xander or i coud get lucky and it could be Eldigan... (I even vaguely considered Eliwood for that role). I also just pulled Luke recently but he's -Att so :/

I'm kind of sad of not letting Camus with his own Spur Cavalry though but i guess that's best to give him Fortify for Blade Horse Emblem.

Edited by salinea

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

I probably am as indecisive as you are!!! although i've yet to stockpile feathers until 80K; 60~some is my max.

i got to 62k today from my arena rewards

i was actually considering making camus a 5 to have a bonus unit but I got katarina this morning so I don't even need to do that

i think I might actually end up with 80k if I don't get someone I want to promote soon

1 minute ago, unique said:

i was actually considering making camus a 5 to have a bonus unit but I got katarina this morning so I don't even need to do that

i think I might actually end up with 80k if I don't get someone I want to promote soon

Oooh lucky you! I really want Katarina!

Still need to train her up :)

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Better hurry up and spend them before I take them from you ;)

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

I'm kind of sad of not letting Camus with his own Spur Cavalry though but i guess that's best to give him Fortify for Blade Horse Emblem.

I have mine fortify as well. Once my own Ursula gets blade tome fodder, she'll already be set

The spur skills are great and all but once you realize blade tomes practically run the world, you just have to acknowledge the power XD Can't wait to kill green units with her... hee hee hee....

4 minutes ago, unique said:

Got a spare Tharja to give Katarina Redblade?

43 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nah, it's more cancerous than that.

My Arena team this season is Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Xander

Mine too! At least, once Cecilia gets her last two levels from Tempest Trials.

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

Oooh lucky you! I really want Katarina!

Still need to train her up :)

yeah I was pretty happy when I got her she was the only focus unit I wanted out of these

hopefully you can get her too!

i leveled her up pretty quickly but I also had like 9000 red crystals and more than 20000 regular ones so I'll probably have her at 40 pretty soon

i think she's level 30 now

1 minute ago, unique said:

yeah I was pretty happy when I got her she was the only focus unit I wanted out of these

hopefully you can get her too!

i leveled her up pretty quickly but I also had like 9000 red crystals and more than 20000 regular ones so I'll probably have her at 40 pretty soon

i think she's level 30 now

Having enough SP for all the skills is what takes up time the most IMHO

(if you need all those skills for decent arena score at least)

20 minutes ago, salinea said:

Having enough SP for all the skills is what takes up time the most IMHO

(if you need all those skills for decent arena score at least)

oh yeah I don't know if I actually need the skills for that but I do plan on using katarina since she seems to be better than lilina and sanaki

but i have nowhere near enough SP on her to get all her skills before she reaches level 40 so it'll probably take a long time to get all of those

30 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

You say as if that's bad. We don't need every new character to be at the very top. Setsuna and Bridelia are scary enough. We don't need a close third on a horse.

Being worse than Setsuna is bad because Setsuna is mediocre at best. Having 43 Atk with a Brave weapon after buffs is pretty pathetic.

The most popular physical wall these days appears to be Xander (Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2). Assuming the AI somehow manages to put +3/4 on Setsuna [+Spd], she's hitting Xander with both cavalry buffs for 0×2 (−3×2) damage before dying to the counterattack. Setsuna [+Atk] hits for 3×2 damage before dying to the counterattack.

The new hotness, Camus, fares well, taking 6×2 damage with both cavalry buffs and kills on the counterattack. Setsuna [+Atk] fares slightly better with 9×2 damage.

Triangle Adept 2 Cecilia takes 6×2 damage from Setsuna and kills on the counterattack with no buffs. Setsuna [+Atk] manages 8×2 damage.

Vanilla Robin takes 6×4+14 damage and survives. Setsuna [+Atk] manages 8×4+14 damage, which kills Robin by 6 damage.

Triangle Adept 2 Robin takes 0×4+13 damage and leaves Setsuna with 1 HP. Setsuna [+Atk] manages 1×4+14 damage.

So no, Setsuna is not scary.

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

You say as if that's bad. We don't need every new character to be at the very top. Setsuna and Bridelia are scary enough. We don't need a close third on a horse.

Setsuna is barely in the top 5 for archers, certainly not near the top 3.

For anyone who's bothered with damage calculations, Setsuna's optimized quad build doesn't have anywhere near the matchup spread of LD Brave Bow Takumi, Jeorge, or Klein, much less Cordelia. 

0x4 damage isn't scary. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Completely off-topic:

My only problem with the theoretical existence of bow-knight Selena is that, unless she inherits her mother's absurd offenses for that particular version of herself, her stat spread would be basically unsalvageable. It'd end up something stupid like 35/22/35/28/24, which is bulky for a ranged horse, but also total crap stats.

Edit: If she does get Cordelia's offenses, though---we'd have a unit almost as good as Reinhardt, and that'd be completely broken if Reinhardt didn't already exist. (35/35 archer horse would have better offenses and player phase than Rein, marginally, but also far worse bulk---definitely couldn't run Rein's OHKO everything with Vantage build, for example.)

Don't Bow Knights in Fates have higher resistance than defense caps, though? I'm imagining basically Rebecca on horse.

Bow Knights in Fates cap at what would be applicable to Heroes: 55 HP, 29 Str, 33 Spd, 27 Def, and 32 Res. Also, 25 Mag, but I don't see BK Selena being the one to introduce a bow that does magical damage instead of physical which would kind of suck considering -blade tomes and mounted mages exist. Selena's modifiers are -1 Str, +2 Spd, +1 Def, and -1 Skl which isn't applicable in Heroes. So, BK Selena in Fates would have 55 HP, 28 Str, 35 Spd, 28 Def, and 32 Res.

Drop HP down to 35 and she's down to 158 BST. How hilarious, take off 1 point from attack, move 2 from it to HP, and swap her defense and resistance and you'd have Heroes Selena. Anyway, so, at least 10 more points have to go... Umm... I'm just going to haphazardly tear off 4 from defense, 6 from resistance, and take 2 from her attack to move to HP. 37 HP, 26 Atk, 35 Spd, 24 Def, and 26 Res.

For comparison, Rebecca has 37 HP, 29 Atk, 34 Spd, 21 Def, and 28 Res. Yep, a weaker Rebecca on a horse or perhaps crappier Niles considering the much lower resistance. That's as a standalone unit.

On a cavalry team, I don't think she'll fair as well either. One Hone Cavalry puts her up to 32 attack and 41 Spd while =Atk Rebecca being near Eirika or Ephraim with Hone Speed 3 would have 32 Atk and 37 Spd and =Atk Setsuna would have 31 Atk and 40 Spd.

Then again, considering that bride Caeda, Spring Camilla, Spring Chrom, bunny Lucina, and Spring Xander have different stat spreads than their normal selves, it might be possible for a theoretical BK Selena to have different stats compared to regular, mercenary Selena. Bride Cordelia, Lyn, and possibly bride Charlotte have similar to the same stat spreads. Both Cordy's have 35/35 offensive stats, bride Lyn is just 3 points slower than regular Lyn, but has the same attack which doesn't really matter for most healers without Wrathful Staff, and I'd assume that when normal Charlotte its released, she'd have the same stat spread, but perhaps not the same stats themselves of a unit with high attack and HP, pretty high speed, and below-average to low defense and resistance.

Who knows, they could do something hilariously stupid like BK Selena has 40 HP, 40 Atk, 25 Spd, 21 Def, and 23 Res.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I want my Armored Barth with 55 base Def and 2 Res!

I want my armoured mage Arvis to be awesome.
Also I want my unarmoured mage Arvis to be awesome.