FE Heroes Localized Names

Azure Sen

20 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Marduk was his original Japanese name and, to be blunt, he only showed up for five seconds in FE7; the idea that IntSys would give him a new localized name isn't out of the realm of possibility. And with Wendy showing up as Gwendolyn in the gameplay trailer, there's a good chance these names will in fact be used.

The names for characters that haven't appeared in 7-11, Awakening, or Fates, yea I think at least most of those are getting in

but considering there's several characters from actual localized games that have name changes like that there's also a good chance they'll do a double take on names that are already official and use the ones from official material, though I haven't seen any issues of this outside of Jugdral and Elibe (watch it make a liar out of me when someone stumbles across some random Tellius character that's called something completely random)

no Gaiden characters in sight so they're probably holding them back to do a crossover event with Echoes when it launches, so by that point we will see if the names stick to Echoes or not.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

The names for characters that haven't appeared in 7-11, Awakening, or Fates, yea I think at least most of those are getting in

but considering there's several characters from actual localized games that have name changes like that there's also a good chance they'll do a double take on names that are already official and use the ones from official material, though I haven't seen any issues of this outside of Jugdral and Elibe (watch it make a liar out of me when someone stumbles across some random Tellius character that's called something completely random)

Bold #1: There really aren't. I'd have to double-check to be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Murdock is the only case of someone who has an official localized name getting that name changed so far, unless you have someone in particular in mind that you'd like to bring up.

Bold #2: Elibe and Jugdral, outside characters who showed up in Blazing Blade and Awakening, have no official localized names.

9 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Bold #1: There really aren't. I'd have to double-check to be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Murdock is the only case of someone who has an official localized name getting that name changed so far, unless you have someone in particular in mind that you'd like to bring up.

Bold #2: Elibe and Jugdral, outside characters who showed up in Blazing Blade and Awakening, have no official localized names.

Also Mystery of the Emblem/FE12 characters.

8 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Niime got changed to Nimue. But she was only mentioned in passing in FE7 anyway. She didn't even appear, unlike Marduk.

awesome job, AzureSen and PuffPuff! you rule! couldn't they have made tatiana more different than titania? i guess there are prob. a fair number of names throughout the series that are as similar, but now that they're making games that inc. characters from diff. games it becomes more of an issue.

Can confirm that Arthur from FE4 and Selena from FE8 haven't had their names changed.

On a really petty note I'm legit salty about the Leon-Leo switcharoo. Why couldn't they just keep them as they were?

1 hour ago, SalShich10N said:

Luchar and Lucharba has been fixed to Iuchar and Iucharba. They were spelling mistakes after all, lol.

Yeah, I figured. I have updated the OP to reflect this.

I know that a certain character will be known as 'Katarina' in here but I feel that I to ask. Anyone knows any female names that can form some sort of theme naming with the name 'Clarisse'?

Also, Chulainn is not necessarily a reference to Cu Chulainn. 'Cu Chulainn' is a nickname that means 'Chulainn's hound' and a guy named Setanta came to be known by it as a result of him agreeing to serve in the stead of a guard dog after he killed the one belonging to another guy named Chulainn. Or so the legends say. Thus the name could just be a reference to the actual Chulainn.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Found another one in the FE Heroes General topic.  Sheema -> Sheena.

(inb4 Tales)

Okay, I updated the main post.

(Sheena makes me think of Contra first, honestly, but then again I also stil haven't finished Symphponia.)

11 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I know that a certain character will be known as 'Katarina' in here but I feel that I to ask. Anyone knows any female names that can form some sort of theme naming with the name 'Clarisse'?

Well, given the names Eine and Kleine used in the duties as Eremiya's assassins form a Mozart reference together, I'd have to think either the poll has some dirt about the latter's real name (i.e. like Katarina is to Eine), or the poll overlooked the Mozart reference....

Anyway, I really hope the name "Dieck" listed in the poll doesn't hold.  For one, the character in question already has a localized name, Deke, by way of an SSBB sticker.  For two, if "Dieck" were to hold, the offensive jokes would never stop.  That and it doesn't make much sense--one could easily play the "official romanization made a mistake" card with this name like with Ryan/Raian and Luke/Ruke.  Pretty much anything would be an improvement over "Dieck"--Deke, Dirk, Duke, Vergil, I could go on and on...

11 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Anyway, I really hope the name "Dieck" listed in the poll doesn't hold.  For one, the character in question already has a localized name, Deke, by way of an SSBB sticker.  For two, if "Dieck" were to hold, the offensive jokes would never stop.  That and it doesn't make much sense--one could easily play the "official romanization made a mistake" card with this name like with Ryan/Raian and Luke/Ruke.  Pretty much anything would be an improvement over "Dieck"--Deke, Dirk, Duke, Vergil, I could go on and on...

FYI, the names from the _SSBB_ stickers were clearly just placeholders for the cases of the games that weren't already localized. they have rutger as "rutoga" and navarre as "nabaaru". you can see the full list here: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/gamemode/various/various37_list.html

57 minutes ago, Jave said:

It needs to be noted that, if my Katakana is accurate, Sharena is actually called Sharon in Japanese. 

Sharena's not included since I compiled the list to record the name changes of characters from previous FE games from either commonly used fan translations or artbook/TCG names that otherwise didn't have localized names (minus Niime, Murdock and Deke). As someone who has neither of those, Sharena doesn't really need to be on the list.

Edited by AzureSen

2 hours ago, geozeldadude said:

FYI, the names from the _SSBB_ stickers were clearly just placeholders for the cases of the games that weren't already localized. they have rutger as "rutoga" and navarre as "nabaaru". you can see the full list here: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/gamemode/various/various37_list.html

Last I checked, Rutoga/Rutger is in the exact same boat Deke/Dieck is:  neither had had the names from the stickers either reaffirmed or contradicted from any later source until this poll, and both of the characters in question are among the six whose only known official English names are met with a contradiction in the poll.  The main reason I'm not as sore over Rutoga's contradiction is because far more sense can be made out of "Rutger" than "Dieck"...

On 1/22/2017 at 11:48 PM, Jave said:

It needs to be noted that, if my Katakana is accurate, Sharena is actually called Sharon in Japanese. 

Yeah, it's Sharon in Japanese, they're just playing with the name since they think western gamers can't tell the different.

Its not on the list but im still ticked they changed Thany to Shanna X.x

alot of these names im going to have to get used to once fire emblem heroes comes out.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Its not on the list but im still ticked they changed Thany to Shanna X.x

alot of these names im going to have to get used to once fire emblem heroes comes out.

You should already be used to Shanna since they used that in Awakening.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

You should already be used to Shanna since they used that in Awakening.

Sure the name was already in awakening. but where do you think i got my username from? XD

On 1/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, BANRYU said:

I'm fond of Niime becoming Nimue, personally. It's a nice nod to the King Arthur lore. 

Nimue was changed back to Niime.

I'm glad they changed Murdock back alongside it, but the loss of Nimue isn't worth it at all. Who do I need to bug to set this straight? I'll do it, too.

29 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Nimue was changed back to Niime.

I'm glad they changed Murdock back alongside it, but the loss of Nimue isn't worth it at all. Who do I need to bug to set this straight? I'll do it, too.

Speaking of, I'm probably going to go back through at some point and double-check the list to update any new changes/reversions.