Are we considering Shadows of Valencia FE15?

Uuuh?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which is FE15?

• Echoes -Shadows of Valencia-
    • Unnamed Switch game

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the mobile game should count, cause if we count the mobile game we have to count BSFE. We likely shouldn't have counted remakes in the first place (though they are admittly very different from their original games) but this is where we are at.

But yeah as far as I'm concerned Echoes is FE 15, FE Switch is 16.  

But we have to know what each other is talking about so can we just all agree on that FE 15 is Echoes for now it seems to be the thing that most of us can agree on...

Edited by Locke087

6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

What I find really surprising is how IS/Nintendo are able to milk a lot of FE games within months.....

Kinda like Monster Hunter when you think about it.

No offense dude, but do you seriously have to complain about everything? You bitch about spin offs "damaging" the series, then 2 main series games are announced and you are complaining about it. There is no pleasing you. However, this is irrelevant to the topic.

I'd say Echoes is 15, since Shadow Dragon is 11 and Heroes of Light and Shadow is 12. There's no reason to change how we number it now

Right now, I think Shadows is a spin off. I think Echoes, as a whole, will be a spin off series dedicated to remaking previous games. Maybe even exclusively for the 3ds until it dies. (Nintendo is supporting it through 2018, but past that it's fate is left in the air.)

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

No offense dude, but do you seriously have to complain about everything? You bitch about spin offs "damaging" the series, then 2 main series games are announced and you are complaining about it. There is no pleasing you. However, this is irrelevant to the topic.

I'd say Echoes is 15, since Shadow Dragon is 11 and Heroes of Light and Shadow is 12. There's no reason to change how we number it now

In his defense, he only said surprising. That doesn't necessarily imply it's a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I'm not sure if your sig was spoilered and broke, but you may want to make it a bit smaller, since it's a bit big right now.

well IS considers Conquest FE 15 and Birthright FE 14

So very well this could be FE 16

as a community we just consider Fates as just 1 game

the mobile game is the real question, I'll just consider it a spin-off untill we find out more

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

well IS considers Conquest FE 15 and Birthright FE 14

So very well this could be FE 16

as a community we just consider Fates as just 1 game

the mobile game is the real question, I'll just consider it a spin-off untill we find out more

It does?  When did they say that?  And wouldn't that make Revelations FE16?

Even I'm confused to be honest.

For now, I'll treat it like The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, which were both announced around the same time, but released out of order.

So Echoes is 15 and Switch is 16. Heroes is a spin off, like Warriors.

Back then, the internal coding for Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had them as 11 and 12, but Awakening messed everything up by being 14. Between New Mystery and Awakening, it seems they considered BSFE as a fully fledged title, hence the bump in number

I have no idea what number Fates has in the internal coding. I've looked, but I didn't find anything.

Therefore, if you've noticed, I've stopped using numbers for maybe a year now.

Edited by VincentASM

Just now, Rezzy said:

It does?  When did they say that?  And wouldn't that make Revelations FE16?

that's what I read in in interview a while back,

I guess even they want to forget it exists. lol

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

@Jotari You may be right. But I feel like "milk" implies a bad thing. If he doesn't mean it in a bad way, then I apologize. 

@Rezzy Sorry Rachel, but I literally have no idea what you are talking about. 

You sig says Watch My Terrible Let's Play! and has a huge YouTube media box.  It's just a bit big and wanted to let you know, in case it was over the size limit.

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

@Rezzy hmmmmmm.... it's not showing any signatures for my phone or my laptop. Thanks for letting me know

No problem, I just now got my sig back.  I used to have all my pics all in one row, but now it goes into a second row, so I'm not sure what the new size rules are.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Even I'm confused to be honest.

For now, I'll treat it like The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, which were both announced around the same time, but released out of order.

So Echoes is 15 and Switch is 16. Heroes is a spin off, like Warriors.

Back then, the internal coding for Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had them as 11 and 12, but Awakening messed everything up by being 14. Between New Mystery and Awakening, it seems they considered BSFE as a fully fledged title, hence the bump in number

I have no idea what number Fates has in the internal coding. I've looked, but I didn't find anything.

Therefore, if you've noticed, I've stopped using numbers for maybe a year now.

Maybe they'll find the internal number in Echoes eventually?

Personally, I just use the titles, since FE isn't FF that actually has numbers in the titles. But well, I suppose with the way most people number the games, Echoes would be 15? Beats me... just use the titles people, makes things more clear.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

No problem, I just now got my sig back.  I used to have all my pics all in one row, but now it goes into a second row, so I'm not sure what the new size rules are.

My massive image was scaled down on the old system, I still spoilered it anyway because niceness. When I went to respoiler with the new code it I couldn't save with the image embedded becuase it was too big...even though the site was displaying it just fine already. It's like I managed to get around the limitations by doing something before it became impossible. XD

Edited by Jotari

By the most widely used convention, which has Fates as 14, it's pretty decisive that Echoes gets counted. I guess you could make a case for Heroes being counted as well but I think it's better to keep it separate, like with BS FE. Realistically, if someone says "FE15", they're probably meaning Echoes and if they say "FE16", they're probably meaning Switch, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll tend to be interpreted as such.

If we were to go by current "official" numbering, from what I understand, BS FE is FE4, Radiant Dawn is FE11, Fates is FE15/16/17, I guess Heroes is FE18, and Switch is FE20? And that's just assuming the crossovers aren't counted. Those numbers aren't going to do anything except confuse everyone.

We should probably just not call it anything, honestly. Between Fates, the retroactive inclusion of BSFE, Heroes, and the possibility of additional Echoes titles, it's very clear that the number system is breaking down spectacularly.

While I'd say we should probably assume FE15 is Echoes for the sake of clarity, I'd advise just... not using the numbers for anything after Fates. It's too confusing. We even have official English titles for all of the non-BSFE games now, so we don't even have the excuse of needing numbers for FE7 anymore.

Well, the problem with consistently using the titles of Fire Emblem games is that some of them are quite a mouthful. Like "Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light" for example. And then we have FE7, which doesn't even have a title despite being released internationally.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

And then we have FE7, which doesn't even have a title despite being released internationally.

It is officially The Blazing Blade as of today.

There are only three games that have particularly long titles, anyhow:

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (there aren't a whole lot of times where you'd need to refer to this version specifically though, with Shadow Dragon pretty much obsoleting it; regardless, it's unambiguously FE1, so it's the safest numbering anyway)
  • Genealogy of the Holy War (which I think many people already shorten to Genealogy)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem (which I think many people already shorten to New Mystery)

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, the problem with consistently using the titles of Fire Emblem games is that some of them are quite a mouthful. Like "Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light" for example. And then we have FE7, which doesn't even have a title despite being released internationally.

Yeah, although I hear it called Blazing Sword, more than just Fire Emblem.

I wish we had never started making the remakes numbered in the first place, so we didn't have this issue, but at the end of the day, I guess it's not a huge deal.

It's like the new Star Trek movies.  Is "Star Trek" Star Trek 11, is it Star Trek 1 in a new series?  Gah!