Are we considering Shadows of Valencia FE15?

Uuuh?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which is FE15?

• Echoes -Shadows of Valencia-
    • Unnamed Switch game

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, the problem with consistently using the titles of Fire Emblem games is that some of them are quite a mouthful. Like "Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light" for example. And then we have FE7, which doesn't even have a title despite being released internationally.

Implying anyone actually talked about FE1 >.>

2 minutes ago, Iridium said:

It is officially The Blazing Blade as of today.

There are only three games that have particularly long titles, anyhow:

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (there aren't a whole lot of times where you'd need to refer to this version specifically though, with Shadow Dragon pretty much obsoleting it; regardless, it's unambiguously FE1, so it's the safest numbering anyway)
  • Genealogy of the Holy War (which I think many people already shorten to Genealogy)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem (which I think many people already shorten to New Mystery)

Personally I shorten FE4 to Holy War myself. Genealogy doesn't quite pack much of a punch by itself where's Holy War does.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

"As of today?" What do you mean? I recall Awakening Spotpass still simply called it "Fire Emblem".

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series#

Personally I voted for Alvis.

Also whoops. Double post. Would be great if someone could fix that.

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, although I hear it called Blazing Sword, more than just Fire Emblem.

I wish we had never started making the remakes numbered in the first place, so we didn't have this issue, but at the end of the day, I guess it's not a huge deal.

It's like the new Star Trek movies.  Is "Star Trek" Star Trek 11, is it Star Trek 1 in a new series?  Gah!

Doesn't it have the subtitle "The Future Begins"? Or is it like Blazing Sword/Blade where no one bothered?

Anyway, I would think the number thing for ST movies is unneeded like in FE, as none had a number in their titles after VI:UndiscoveredCountry. Or maybe I just don't really get the whole numbering system for things that don't have it? Eh, beats me.

Does TMS♯FE even count? If no, Warriors shouldn't either, as it's a spinoff/crossover/both/whatever.

Heroes and Echoes for FE15 and 16: depends on what comes out first.
(and on what the official stance on the question is, of course)

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Doesn't it have the subtitle "The Future Begins"? Or is it like Blazing Sword/Blade where no one bothered?

Anyway, I would think the number thing for ST movies is unneeded like in FE, as none had a number in their titles after VI:UndiscoveredCountry. Or maybe I just don't really get the whole numbering system for things that don't have it? Eh, beats me.

I don't think the reboot has a subtitle.

Trekkies have often numbered the Next Generation movies, even though they didn't officially have numbers.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think the reboot has a subtitle.

Trekkies have often numbered the Next Generation movies, even though they didn't officially have numbers.

Well, it does in this poster at least.

I see. Well, at least people don't have to worry for number disrupture. Even the new continuity starts nicely with a 1 as the first digit if they want to number. Not unlike FE with stuff like the Satellaview gaiden game, remakes, and now something like Heroes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

No offense dude, but do you seriously have to complain about everything? You bitch about spin offs "damaging" the series, then 2 main series games are announced and you are complaining about it. There is no pleasing you. However, this is irrelevant to the topic.

I'd say Echoes is 15, since Shadow Dragon is 11 and Heroes of Light and Shadow is 12. There's no reason to change how we number it now

wow....how on earth do you find that a complain when I just said that its surprising.....

Internet....gets you when even you didn't mean it in such content.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it does in this poster at least.

I see. Well, at least people don't have to worry for number disrupture. Even the new continuity starts nicely with a 1 as the first digit if they want to number. Not unlike FE with stuff like the Satellaview gaiden game, remakes, and now something like Heroes.

Strangely, my DVD of "Star Trek" just says "Star Trek", which is a bit confusing, considering I've got like 4 dozens DVDs of various Star Trek shows and movies.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Does TMS♯FE even count? If no, Warriors shouldn't either, as it's a spinoff/crossover/both/whatever.

Heroes and Echoes for FE15 and 16: depends on what comes out first.
(and on what the official stance on the question is, of course)

Heroes comes out a couple of months before Echoes, but most people don't want to count Heroes.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, The DanMan said:

Shadows of Valentia is FE15 to me... unless Fire Emblem: Echoes becomes its own subseries, in which case it's E1.

"Fire Emblem: Echoes: Elibe Saga" or "Fire Emblem: Echoes: The Genealogy War," my inner eugenicist is screaming with delight.

20 hours ago, Darthkeeper said:

"Fire Emblem: Echoes: Elibe Saga" or "Fire Emblem: Echoes: The Genealogy War," my inner eugenicist is screaming with delight.

I would go with Fire Emblem: Echoes: Bloodlines for the later. Less of a rehash of the original title.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Fire Emblem: Echoes: Decent of the Jihad.

I imagine that would not go well with a western audience. Plus, that's an Islamic term, which seems out of place in a game where the main characters are from European-styled countries.

In a "word"? Something tells me that if we aren't considering it one now we will end up doing so once the Switch comes out. Assuming that the Switch game is supposed to be FE15, of course.

29 minutes ago, RedRob said:

I would go with Fire Emblem: Echoes: Bloodlines for the later. Less of a rehash of the original title.

Isn't Bloodlines the name of Ghast's hack?

2 hours ago, RedRob said:

I imagine that would not go well with a western audience. Plus, that's an Islamic term, which seems out of place in a game where the main characters are from European-styled countries.

You're missing the reference. An old Nintendo Power article covered the game using that title long before Fire Emblem was relevant. Though while we're talking about it, I personally got a pretty arabic feel from Isaac. Mainly from the Blamung looking like some kind of Shamshir, the robes the Lopt Sect wear (who had their original base of operations there) and the presence of a desert.

Edited by Jotari

If I use FE2E, everyone would understand right ? FEE1 sounds too confusing to me.

or simply SoV. I mean it's not like FE8, where FESS means to many things, and ends up confusing.

I personally will use both SoV or FE2E from now on.

Well, I'd say it's going to be considered FE15 in the fandom at least, where I always read about Awakening being FE13 and Fates FE14 (and previous remakes FE11 and FE12). Cannot say the same about IS since I saw them calling Fates FE15 in the Iwata Asks.

However, I wouldn't consider Echoes a spin-off because it's clearly a main series game, despite being a remake (just like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem). Hybrid or crossover titles like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Warriors are generally considered to be spin-offs. I'm unsure about Heroes though, but I tend to consider it to be a spin-off, too.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Bloodlines the name of Ghast's hack?

I don't keep track of hacks, so no idea.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

You're missing the reference. An old Nintendo Power article covered the game using that title long before Fire Emblem was relevant. Though while we're talking about it, I personally got a pretty arabic feel from Isaac. Mainly from the Blamung looking like some kind of Shamshir, the robes the Lopt Sect wear (who had their original base of operations there) and the presence of a desert.

Huh, did not know that.