FE Heroes Representation in Cipher

C. Turtle

So, now we have the official confirmation of what FE Mobile is; Fire Emblem Heroes. And with it, the confirmation that the game will feature at least some original characters, even though the cast is predominantly made up of returning heroes. Which begs the question; will these new characters make their way in FE Cipher, and if so, in what form?

It's entirely possible that more original characters are waiting in the wings, yet to be revealed, but so far we only have a four new characters, plus another new playable Anna, assuming the player's summoner isn't an actual character in the game's world. These characters could make their way into Cipher (seeing as they took the time design and create new original characters, why not use them?), but that small amount is obviously not enough to fill its own separate colour. The last time we got representation for a game with only a small amount of original playable characters (TMS#FE), they were thrown in with existing colours (Red and Blue), but they at least had ties to those worlds, while Heroes seems to boast an original setting.

Of the top of my head, I can sorta see two ways it could work if there aren't any more original characters waiting;

1. The characters are grouped together with White and Black. While Heroes doesn't predominantly tie itself to Fates (aside from getting a good showing in the opening movie, thanks to the 3D models already being available), the colours themselves do seem to tie in with the Astr Kingdom and the Emblian Empire, and the designs of the characters who hail from either kingdom. I see this one as less likely, if only because we just got two Fates sets, and by the time they're ready to do one again, it seems like Heroes is gonna be getting old, and promoting it won't be their priority.

2. The characters appear in multiple different colours, like the Cipher mascots. Considering they hail from a game that pulls together heroes from all across the Fire Emblem series, I think it's not too much of a stretch to imagine these characters appearing in multiple different colours, providing support for the various different heroes they can summon in game. The problem with this approach is unless we got a set containing a multitude of different colours to introduce them all at once, it could result in the Heroes characters taking up additional slots in other sets, much like the mascots currently do, which I imagine some collectors looking for characters of a certain game might find frustrating.

That's basically the best I can come up with if the game lacks a large enough original cast to fill out a colour by itself. Of course, this is all assuming the game even gets represented at all in Cipher, but considering TMS#FE got a set, I'd be kinda surprised if Heroes is left out. Anyone else got any ideas? Would you even want these characters in Cipher in the first place?

I was kind of hoping that we'd get a Heroes set that would be kind of an all-colour mismatch. Would feature the various Lords and other prominent established characters from Heroes with the new characters as SRs or whatever. Would be a pretty cool set that way.