Old Artwork & New Artwork

I'll like to take the time to compare the old artwork from the 90s and put it alongside with the newly released artwork. Since the moment of this post's conception (day of the announcement), I'll post all of the artwork released so far and will post the other pieces when they become available (or in a new post if this one dies). If I missed any, feel free to add more characters!

Alm

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160811154905 latest?cb=20160607035033latest?cb=20170223045323

Celica

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160812075337latest?cb=20160607035411

CelicaFEE.png

Boey

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160705195750 latest?cb=20130620080239

BoeyFEE.png

Savor

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160812075342

3DS_FireEmblemEchoesShadowsofValentia_char_05_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Berkut (Localized name pending)

Spoiler

250?cb=20170314200422

(Reference)

EDIT: Clive's old and new artwork is on Page 2 of this thread. 

Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Lukas, Silque, Mae, Genny, Valbar, Leon, and Kamui on page 3.

Clair, Luthier, Delthea, Palla, Catria, Est, Rudolf, and Linea on page 6.

Python, Zeke, Sonya, Conrad, Juda, and Mila on page 6.

So what do you think about the new designs/art style? Are there any characters you wish they will reveal next? What's your favorite?

Edited by Dandy Druid
UPDATE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The character you have listed as new Deen isn't Deen, it's Savor/Saber; there's a shot of him in dialogue identifying him as such. Similarly, the ??? is probably Clive, and the person who you have listed as new Zeke is probably not Zeke at all, given that the original Gaiden

Spoiler

made no effort to hide the fact that Zeke was Camus, given that he had the same portrait he did in the original FE1.

Edited by AzureSen

Just now, AzureSen said:

The character you have listed as new Deen isn't Deen, it's Savor/Saber. Similarly, the ??? is probably Clive, and the person who you have listed as new Zeke is probably not Zeke at all, given that the original Gaiden

Hide contents

made no effort to hide the fact that Zeke was Camus, given that he had the same portrait he did in the original FE1.

Thanks for the correction! I'll edit the post right away!

And the "Zeke" character can be a villain, but I'm not sure who until we get more info.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would you be able to spoiler them and post them in the thread?  Mobile isn't conducive to opening a ton of links.

Done. Although I wasn't able to do it with all of the pictures unfortunately. The New Celica and the New Savor weren't rendering and the New Boey came out blurry. Alm's fine though. I'm sorry it isn't better, but I hope to improve it in the next few days.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Done. Although I wasn't able to do it with all of the pictures unfortunately. The New Celica and the New Savor weren't rendering and the New Boey came out blurry. Alm's fine though. I'm sorry it isn't better, but I hope to improve it in the next few days.

Why, thank you!

I kinda like the new art style, although I don't know why they changed some character's hair color.

Yay for Skirt Alm.  I hope we don't have the myriad panty-windows that plagued Fates.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why, thank you!

I kinda like the new art style, although I don't know why they changed some character's hair color.

Yay for Skirt Alm.  I hope we don't have the myriad panty-windows that plagued Fates.

Yeah the armor styling is following what the older games have, which is fitting, since this is a remake. So there's more "practical armor" this time around, thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah the armor styling is following what the older games have, which is fitting, since this is a remake. So there's more "practical armor" this time around, thankfully.

Have they shown Est and Leo's new artwork?  I'd like an image with both of them.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Have they shown Est and Leo's new artwork?  I'd like an image with both of them.

As far as I know, not yet. The 6 in the first post are the only ones released as of now. Since this game is coming in May and we have AT LEAST 26 more playable characters to go, expect updates in the next coming weeks. We have approx. 17 weeks until release, and I don't know how they plan to market this game. The whole cast would probably be revealed by the end of April (I'm guessing) so I'd assume they'll start releasing a few new character pictures weekly. I'm not sure how they'll show the villains though.

I'm okay with all these redesigns so far. I really like the new Savor/Sabre. I'm glad that no one has that "super quirky" vibe thus far and that they all look pretty normal. xD

The mystery black-haired character reminds me of Python from Gaiden, but I couldn't say for sure. We'll find out eventually, I suppose.

Saber's lookin pretty spiffy. Clive's not looking tog bad either.

Can't wait for the redesigns of Force, Dyute, Clair, and Matilda.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

The mystery black-haired character reminds me of Python from Gaiden, but I couldn't say for sure. We'll find out eventually, I suppose.

Saber's lookin pretty spiffy. Clive's not looking tog bad either.

Can't wait for the redesigns of Force, Dyute, Clair, and Matilda.

I doubt it's Python, though I can't wait to see his design, I always loved him. Python was an archer, though.

Hell yeah on Saber though, he was always one of my favorites! He's the king of the boats, lol

I really hope that black haired dude really is Zeke. But at the same time, multiple artworks show that he is blonde throughout the years. It'd be weird to show a design and suddenly he has black hair.

Also, why didn't they keep Boey's style for the bottom portion? ): Thighs for days. 

Alm being left handed is a nice little touch that I appreciate. I never really cared much for Alm, but now I do.

Us lefties need more representation! Ever since Nintendo stopped making Link left handed, it's been downhill for us in gaming.

These designs actually look really good.

Have to even admit I might even like new Celica better than the old one, just seems to fit better than the old one for a priestess/royal.

Though I don't think that is Zeke, since it's pretty clear he is supposed to be Camus.

Yeah, I'm glad to see that they generally follow the spirit of the old design with a bit of their own flavor.

14 hours ago, ClassyWolf said:

These designs actually look really good.

Have to even admit I might even like new Celica better than the old one, just seems to fit better than the old one for a priestess/royal.

Though I don't think that is Zeke, since it's pretty clear he is supposed to be Camus.

Yeah, I'm glad to see that they generally follow the spirit of the old design with a bit of their own flavor.

12 hours ago, Sable Argyle said:

The black haired fellow might be a new character since his outfit clearly looks like a cavalier but resembles none of the people in Gaiden. Maybe someone for Celica since she lacks any horse units in her route?

Yeah the more I look at him the more I'm starting to think that there's no way they'd change Zeke's blonde hair. Looking at the trailer again, he looks like one of Rigel's officers, so he may be a new character entirely.

18 hours ago, Sable Argyle said:

The black haired fellow might be a new character since his outfit clearly looks like a cavalier but resembles none of the people in Gaiden. Maybe someone for Celica since she lacks any horse units in her route?

Well, it's true that there weren't any Cavalier units in Celica's route, but Leon is an archer and Bow Knights are 3rd tiers for the Archer line & Atlas is a villager, villagers can promote to Cavalier as one of the five choices from Villager line. But, we definitely do need a default Cavalier (or promoted from Paladin or Gold Knight) unit for Celica's team.

Edited by King Marth 64

So something I noticed in the trailer when they were talking about the enemy Kingdom was this. I think it might be the new black haired guy we got in the art his hair style is exactly the same which means he would definitely be an antagonist. I also know his cape is red instead of blue hear but I think that is just because this entire image is colored red.

Screenshot from 2017-01-23 12-48-40.png

Edited by Sarahtoga104

I really like Boey's new design. Don't know why, it just looks cool.

Was it ever actually confirmed that it's Boey, though? His design has changed radically if it's really him. He has pants now!

Also, I think the blonde guy in the blue armor is Kliff. For reference, his original portrait:

Spoiler

44-fe2ch1pt08img0410.png

2 hours ago, Night Zap said:

Also, I think the blonde guy in the blue armor is Kliff. For reference, his original portrait:

Hide contents

44-fe2ch1pt08img0410.png

I'm pretty sure you're referring that blue armored guy is Clive not Kliff. Clive is the cavalier and Kliff is the Villager.

Edited by King Marth 64