Old Artwork & New Artwork

Holy moly, do I love Valibar's new artwork. I mean I love all the new art, but his is by and far the best I've seen of the bunch.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few things from the new trailer, even if we didn't get artwork:

You can see Matilda as an NPC in one of Alm's map. It seems like she has some sort of head ornament.

3d9c3851dc.png

Claire is also visible, and has blonde hair now. She also seems to be wearing some white headgear or a headband.

7506e56050.png

We also see Claire supporting Tobin when he attacks.

a30e13662a.png

There seems to be an unidentified character in Celica's route where you fight the boss Wolf. Looks to be a tanned or darker skinned male cavalier with faintly-purple hair. This could be a redesigned Atlas, as we have not seen him yet and he is recruited by this point, but could also be a newly created character.

7cbfefe0c7.png

Edited by Tryhard

5 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

You can see Matilda as an NPC in one of Alm's map. It seems like she has some sort of head ornament.

3d9c3851dc.png

Claire is also visible, and has blonde hair now. She also seems to be wearing some white headgear or a headband.

7506e56050.png

There seems to be an unidentified character in Celica's route where you fight the boss Wolf. Looks to be a tanned or darker skinned male cavalier with faintly-purple hair. This could be a redesigned Atlas, as we have not seen him yet and he is recruited by this point, but could also be a newly created character.

7cbfefe0c7.png

Hmm. I wonder if Mathilda will wear a helmet/forehead guard/whatever you might want to call it. Nice to see that Clair's hair color matches Clive since they're siblings. And as for the mysterious tan cavalier, I kind of hope he's a original to Echoes since we did get Faye on Alm's route.

On 3/21/2017 at 2:29 PM, Tryhard said:

3d9c3851dc.png

7506e56050.png

We also see Claire supporting Tobin when he attacks.

a30e13662a.png

7cbfefe0c7.png

Matilda is still blonde. Looks like her redesign isn't too different. I'm kind of glad, since I liked her original look.

I like how Clair doesn't look like Catria 2.0 now. And she's officially the first blonde pegasus knight if my memory serves me correctly (I don't count Cynthia or Matoi, since their artwork depicts them with another color). I really hope they make her a blonde bombshell that teases Gray and Tobin only to end up with Lukas or Python (she knows why he's called that, and not for the reason you may be thinking of- he can move his neck in a sassy manner).

Hmmmm... that could be Atlas. I kind of hope it is, because the original has him looking like a red-haired Jesey. I really hope he gets a buff like Tobin has (From what we've seen), so he could be a good a unit. It could also be a new character, but I'm not too sure. Celica's party is due for one though what if it's Berkut and since he's rivals with Alm, he becomes a love interest for Celica bringing us some good ol' fashioned telenovela DRAMA.

EDIT: NEW STUFF COMING SOON. THANKS REDDIT

Edited by Dandy Druid

• 3 weeks later...

NEW UPDATE!

Clair (no e)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120703010351latest?cb=20160811160119latest?cb=20170405124224

Her hair color changed a lot, but note that blue was the preferred color until Hidari made her glorious and the first FE peg knight with blonde hair. Mae has competition for waifu wars

Luthier

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130620080442latest?cb=20160811160820latest?cb=20170405125431

Like Mae, his design stayed consistent. Particularly because there was no way they were going to top his fabulous hair. Hidari did good to keep it.

Delthea

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160812075338latest?cb=20170405130617

She's always been on the younger side, but she's so smol now.

Now the Whitewing Sisters. They have a lot of artwork, but I'm only using the ones that are associated with Echoes and Gaiden, They have a lot of artwork together, so here are their group shots

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120223025635latest?cb=20120703011516

Palla (aka Goddess Palla)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170320165650latest?cb=20170405132125

Basically the same, but more detailed.

Catria

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170322081605latest?cb=20170405132628

Sorry her new artwork came out small. IDK what happened. Maybe it's too much to handle.

Est

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120223025612latest?cb=20170405133354

Similar problem to Catria's; it shrunk compared to some of the earlier ones.

Did you think I was done? Think again.

Rudolf (he didn't get artwork in the original Gaiden. It sucked to be a villain back then)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20111013011815latest?cb=20170405135022

Enjoy the manga in place of the artwork instead. Slight spoilers, but ehhh.

Linea (original character)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170405141110

I really like her design. It has an aristocratic feel. The fur is a nice touch since Rigel is a Northern country, where its colder. I'm loving Hidari's attention to detail.

That's all for now. The main JP site updated 3 characters for each side (Alm, Celica, Villains). The reason why there's only 2 villains here is because we've already seen Berkut's.

@VincentASM you're one of the article writers for the main site, right? I think you would like to update it with the new character bios. Although Berkut's would be probably something we've already read.

One thing I'm really loving about the artwork is how even characters of the same class have many different details about them.

I mean, Pegasus Knights for example. All characters in a particular game typically have a similar outfit, with the only differences really being color palettes. 

Yet, with the Pegasus Knights in Echoes, each character has a varied look to them, even having different designs to their clothes and armor. It's a sort of individuality thing that I really like with Hidari's work here.

NEW UPDATE!

Python

Spoiler

latest?cb=20090301201913latest?cb=20170412140011

Stayed pretty faithful to the original. Just got a face lift.

Zeke (he has multiple pieces of artwork, so I'm using what I believe to be his Gaiden portrait)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120406055733latest?cb=20170412135840

My god. I want to be him. He kind of looks more like a sage than a paladin in the original artwork though.

Sonya

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160812075342latest?cb=20170412135258

Now has purple hair, but the costume is the same for the most part. Hidari did a great job.

Conrad (New character. Both Masked and Unmasked)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170412134906latest?cb=20170412150644

Seems like a pretty cool character. I'm wondering how important he'll be. For some reason, the main Japan site for Echoes lists him under the "Other" Category. I wonder why. Same with Zeke.

Juda (had to use the Gaiden manga)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120308144904latest?cb=20170412135538

His sprite had him as blue. Why is he blue?

Mila

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120105074910latest?cb=20170412140340

I love how her hair turns into wings. It looks so cool. Like Juda, I had to use the Gaiden manga. I believe she's the one with flowers in her hair in the bottom panel.

Until next time!

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

NEW UPDATE!

Sonya

Hide contents

latest?cb=20160812075342latest?cb=20170412135258

Now has purple hair, but the costume is the same for the most part. Hidari did a great job.

Juda (had to use the Gaiden manga)

Hide contents

latest?cb=20120308144904latest?cb=20170412135538

His sprite had him as blue. Why is he blue?

Until next time!

She's Camilla done right (lookwise only.). She's sexy but don't come as walking fanservice

Don't taunt me like that... But seriously, it sems Duma have a thing for smurfizing his followers.

Spoiler

The fact he's 100+ years must also have an influence.

18 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Conrad (New character. Both Masked and Unmasked)

Hide contents

latest?cb=20170412134906latest?cb=20170412150644

Seems like a pretty cool character. I'm wondering how important he'll be. For some reason, the main Japan site for Echoes lists him under the "Other" Category. I wonder why. Same with Zeke.

Wait, where was the full artwork of the Masked Knight without his mask on at? I only did saw with the full artwork with mask on his face in the official website or did you use Adobe Photoshop (or an another similar Photoshop program like Paint.NET) to edited the Full Artwork that have the Mask on and used the his revealing face from the data-mine dump to over lap his revealing face over the mask on?

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, where was the full artwork of the Masked Knight without his mask on at? I only did saw with the full artwork with mask on his face in the official website or did you use Adobe Photoshop (or an another similar Photoshop program like Paint.NET) to edited the Full Artwork that have the Mask on and used the his revealing face from the data-mine dump to over lap his revealing face over the mask on?

Pretty sure it's just photo shopped.

Edit: How in the world did it made a duplicated copy of the post, I only did pressed save button once?

Pretty sure it's just photo shopped.

I do guess it's Photoshopped also.

Edited by King Marth 64

9 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I found it in the Fire Emblem Wiki. Here's the link. I generally use the Wiki for its pictures, mainly because getting them from the Japanese site can be tricky and the Serenes main site hasn't talked about it yet nor have they even uploaded the character bios from the last batch revealed.