3DS subforum

Irysa

The FE forum section is starting to get kinda crammed, why not just make a 3ds subsection to save 2 slots? There's 3 games under it now, so it more than warrants it imo. A spinoff section might also be viable at this point what with Warriors, Mobile and TMS#FE all being things.

We've traditionally never put brand new games into subforums. Making a 3DS section would make sense if it were older, but the Gaiden remake isn't even out yet. It won't go into a subforum for quite a while, so we'd only be saving 1 space. Basically the same for the new spinoffs. Once they are older, we'll probably do that.

To think there would be a day when there are too many Fire Emblem games XD

Yeah, I think Awakening and Fates should stay. I haven't visited as of late, but they have tons of posts and I'm sure they must be fairly active.

I really hate to do this, but perhaps we should retire TMS#FE to the General FE section. I love the game, but it's clear it didn't really take off as we would've liked. Maybe I'll wait until a year has passed since launch.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

To think there would be a day when there are too many Fire Emblem games XD

Yeah, I think Awakening and Fates should stay. I haven't visited as of late, but they have tons of posts and I'm sure they must be fairly active.

I really hate to do this, but perhaps we should retire TMS#FE to the General FE section. I love the game, but it's clear it didn't really take off as we would've liked. Maybe I'll wait until a year has passed since launch.

Maybe TMS#FE could be the founding member of the spin-off section?

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe TMS#FE could be the founding member of the spin-off section?

Wouldn't make much sense to be the only one there. I think Vincent's idea of putting it into General FE is fine until the other spinoffs are not "new" anymore .

3 minutes ago, Jyosua said:

Wouldn't make much sense to be the only one there. I think Vincent's idea of putting it into General FE is fine until the other spinoffs are not "new" anymore .

Could Cipher be considered a spin off or even TearRing Saga?

Edited by Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Jyosua said:

I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem Warriors is also a spin-off.

Unless I'm an idiot or something.

Just now, Nym said:

Yeah, but it's new, and they said they wanted to keep the new ones in their own category.  I'm pretty OCD and probably would have already sorted them, though. :P

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Fire Emblem Warriors is a new game and, as I just mentioned, we don't put new games in subforums.

I do think a spin-off section is a good idea. As it is, I think you can consider putting in:

- Tear Ring Saga (currently in General FE)
- TMS:FE (I know it's newer, but the Wii U is dead and it's barely a Fire Emblem game as it is)

Eventually, you will be adding Heroes and Warriors, which obviously qualify but are new.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Could Cipher be considered a spin off or even TearRing Saga?

13 minutes ago, Superbus said:

I do think a spin-off section is a good idea. As it is, I think you can consider putting in:

- Tear Ring Saga (currently in General FE)
- TMS:FE (I know it's newer, but the Wii U is dead and it's barely a Fire Emblem game as it is)

Eventually, you will be adding Heroes and Warriors, which obviously qualify but are new.

Yeah, I'd add the card game to that, as well.