[Possible spoilers] What could "Echoes" possibly mean?

Can anyone who has played the original shed a light on the possible meaning of the new title? I swear the naming convention of the recent games is just getting weirder and weirder...

Can't wait to see if this is proven right with Fire Emblem Echoes: Defenders of Judgral or Fire Emblem Echoes: Warriors of Elibe.

Mountain Bandit Galore

The only thing that comes to mind is that mountain where you fight the witches. Maybe they play a larger role in the story since it's reworked from the ground up. That or echoes references the other Hero King, Marth, something which Alm will become.

25 minutes ago, unique said:

it's a remake

so in a way it's an "echo" of the original

^ This, basically. The simplest answer is usually the best one, as they say. 

The notion that other FE games might be getting remade for western releases as well is an interesting and promising idea, though. Gaiden is probably the game that was most sorely in need of a remake, though personally, when I think a FE game I want remade for the west, I think Genealogy of the Holy War. If the whole 'Echoes' is indeed a subseries thing dedicated to remakes of the games that the west never got, then I'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

^ This, basically. The simplest answer is usually the best one, as they say. 

The notion that other FE games might be getting remade for western releases as well is an interesting and promising notion, though. Gaiden is probably the game that was most sorely in need of a remake, though personally, when I think a FE game I want remade for the west, I think Genealogy of the Holy War. If the whole 'Echoes' is indeed a subseries thing dedicated to remakes of the games that the west never got, then I'm looking forward to it. 

Word! Split the original games and remakes into two series that their respective fans can enjoy!

Edited by CountessGardy

"Echoes" may be a nod to how it's a side-story to the main Archanea duology that occurs well outside the plot but has some... minor repercussions. The word "Gaiden" literally means "side-story."

i am going to be so psyched if this echoes subseries continues and they finally localize FE4 and FE5! it is a great time to be an FE fan. i just hope they don't overreach and put out so much FE stuff that less-rabid players get burned out.

18 hours ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

General consensus I've been seeing is that it's going to be the naming scheme IS will use when making remakes. Case in point, the Japanese version of the game is called Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King.

This annoys me.

もうひとり carries the implication that it's to clarify the English word "Echoes" when referring to a secondary person that is as great as Marth.

Anything more than that is reading into it.

Literally everyone I've seen post about the Japanese name are making assumptions about English titles in Japanese games.

The English FE fanbase is looking for... gasping for straws at any evidence that their favorite game will be remade.

Look at the 2ch boards. Their excitement about remakes are pretty much localized to the usual. Nothing about "Echoes" title suggesting it.

http://itest.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/handygrpg/1484823441/

Edited by shadowofchaos