Let's Play Crusader Kings II - "Reconquista"

Acacia Sgt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-5-14 at 4:10 AM, Excellen Browning said:

You should give us a map of the known world every once in a while. In any case, if you end up owning all of Iberia, you should do start mingling in European affairs and get some crusading done.

I considered it, but at this moment, "known world" is almost literally "From Ireland to Cathay", so it'd be very big maps. Also, I kinda wanted to keep the feeling of isolation. After all, what can really concern to Iberia at the moment, outside itself, and at most: Francia, Italia, and North Africa? Maybe once we move past the whole Reconquista. Or as you say, when stuff like the Crusades begin. But those need to unlock, which won't happen until after 900AD. So that's still a while. And as for mingling in European affairs... hmm... Anyway...

Chapter XXVI – Connection

December 31, 851AD – August 18, 853AD

Spoiler

CKII%2026-1.png

Time to take down the Emirates, starting with the Aslamid. Also, take note of the De Jure Claim casus belli. Since I have the title of Andalusia the land is, de jure, mine. So, I have valid claims on them. A de jure war will prevent non-allies going to their aid, since it’s not a Holy War, but the downside is that I can only take one province at a time, unlike the Holy Wars allowing me to take entire duchies. Yeah, it’s a pain, but fortunately Paradox has recently announced their next expansion, which will be warfare centered. And one of the first things they’ve revealed about it is that we’ll finally be able to take over entire duchies and even kingdoms (naturally, with the proper requirements) through more options. Of course, this expansion won’t be out in a long time, so for now, I stick to Holy Wars. If the Caliph doesn’t butt in again, we’ll be fine. Anyway, time to call in all the levies.

And thus, 852AD begins.

January 1

Duke Gombau of Aragón disbands his faction for León.

January 6

Emir Jalil Petrid joins the Defensive Pact against me (curious, Sunni and Cathar?). Also, the Emir has also declared Holy War on Aquitaine for… Barcelona? Excuse me? I’m the one who owns Barcelona! Must be a mistake or something… oh wait! Rosello! The county of Rosello is de jure part of the Barcelona Duchy. That’s what they’re after. Hmm, Rosello… I still need to deal with that, since I have De Jure claims over it. Well, that’s for much later.

January 15

Count Vela of Molina joins the ICP.

January 17

CKII%2026-2.png

As I showed with King Fruela II, scarred is a good trait. But more so that King García is no longer Wounded.

January 23

One of my levies attacks an Aslamid levy in Évora.

January 30

King Ynyr of Brythoniaid makes an offer to marry my courtier, Yasmin Muyahidez. Well, I accept.

February 2

CKII%2026-3.png

I didn’t expect a long-lasting battle in the city of Portalegre. Warscore only rose to 1%. Still, I’ll begin to siege once enough levies arrive.

February 3

Duke Gombau founds the Elective faction for Andalusia. That’s… that’s one faction I wouldn’t mind gaining strength, in fact.

February 13

I receive a notification of one Grasulf Billoingi dying a sickly infant. Checking over, I see he was Princess Fronilda’s son (who, if you remember, now lives in Tripoli). That’s unfortunate.

March 6

Previous wars have showed me that I’ve been doing things slow, sieging one province at a time. Therefore, I grab roughly half of my forces, and send them over to start sieging another province already.

March 19

And they arrive at Alcácer do Sal, attacking the rest of the Aslamid forces, who were stationed there.

April 7

CKII%2026-4.png

And now the battle in the city of Alcáҫovas gives us a POW and warscore to 30%. Nice. Well, he’s not much of a POW, just a courtier, but I can still ransom him to receive 10 gold from the Emir, so might as well. The ransom is paid on April 17.

April 22

Zamora’s population becomes Castilian.

April 23

Corrin Daniyah comes of age, gaining the Dutiful Cleric trait. As with others before her, I recruit her into my court. In contrast, I simply release another of the forty-something (in age, not number of people) prisoners, Lumsi bint Abd-al-Malik.

July 6

Badajoz gains Cavalry I.

July 14

And Astorga gains Military Organization I.

July 21

It’s been quite a while since I got this type of notifications, and now that I finally get one again, it’s about smugglers sending supplies to the siege’s defenders. Bah, they’re just delaying the inevitable. On the flip side, Burgos gains Cavalry I.

July 31

I receive an… interesting proposal. Prince Johan of Italy wants to marry a courtier from my realm, Framili de Cantabria. But if you remember, earlier the kinsmen took over the Lombard, now Italian, throne. So, this is a case of a Cantabria marring a Cantabria. Well, we know this was bound to happen sooner or later. Okay, not really, both may be of the same dynasty, but aren’t closely related. Although I should point out, while the game does have stuff for incestual relationships, it doesn’t make a perfect job at keeping track of what counts as one. In fact, it’s possible for even two random people with no seemingly relation to end up counting as incest as far as the game is concerned. A remote chance, but it’s still there. Anyway, I accept. I still trust the game will register accordingly. And if not… well, it’s not really that concerning for me. It’d be their branch of the family’s problem, not mine.

August 25

My Court Chaplain keeps just converting courtiers. Not good enough.

October 19

As if the previous notification wasn’t enough, now I get another about disease breaking out within the besiegers.

October 24

Duke Mauregato of Navarra died of cancer. He’s been succeeded by his son, Diaco.

October 29

CKII%2026-5.png

We take over the capital Wilayah, bringing warscore to 36%.

November 5

CKII%2026-6.png

And thanks to splitting up my forces to speed things up, so we capture the other capital Wilayah, bringing warscore to 44%. I would consider splitting my forces further to start sieging the remaining sheikhdoms, but I know I can’t split them too much considering enemy levies and stuff.

November 13

Military Points, from our Spymaster.

November 14

King García’s sons are at it again, except this time it’s Gómez who wants to kill García Jr. So, I demand Gómez to stop.

December 4

Raiders are back in Porto.

December 9

Gómez is willing to drop his plot.

December 23

Finally, a notification that favors me, as the defenders in the City of Alcáҫovas made a failed raid to my besiegers. The siege continues into 853AD.

January 10

CKII%2026-7.png

And the city falls, warscore is now 58%.

January 17

CKII%2026-8.png

Followed by the City of Portalegre in the other sheikhdom, with warscore now at 69%.

February 1

Emir Faruk of Toghan Emirate joins the war.

February 9

CKII%2026-9.png

Tsk, this. Both have the same outcomes, except the top one also removes the Marshall from his post. And a 50 prestige lost, which I’m very sure it’s to him, not King García. Anyway, I went for the bottom one. He’s too talented to let go, especially during war.

April 6

Corrin Shogofa bint Fadil assimilates to Castilian.

April 7

For once, my Court Chaplain converts a vassal, in this case it was Bishop Sancho of Vic. Well, that’s nice, but it would be better if he could convert the Counts. Or better yet, the Duke. As a side note, I receive another request for more men for the mercenary company. I accept.

April 17

CKII%2026-10.png

The Mosque of Espinheiro is next, bringing warscore to 76%.

April 25

CKII%2026-11.png

Followed by the Mosque of Avis, warscore is now 84%. With this, Évora is under our full occupation, so time to send them to siege another sheikhdom. Both Aslamid and Toghan forces have been just standing around me, not daring to attack. Well, if I must continue sieging, I must bring the fight to them.

May 8

The Toghan forces pull a retreat instead of staying to fight. Well, better for me that way. Also, raiders in Santiago.

May 13

CKII%2026-12.png

And with the Mosque of Montemor-o-Novo, the sheikhdom is under full control, and warscore rises to 89%. Now I send them north, where the Aslamid forces await.

May 20

After an absence, I get the RHDN event again, this time with Leodegundis, a… uh, she’s a dynasty member, but I forgot to check who she’s the daughter of. Anyway, choosing the option that does nothing, as always.

May 23

Unlike the Toghan, the Aslamid don’t move their forces, so we fight them at Lishbuna. I must endure the river crossing penalty, but I outnumber them 3 to 1.

May 29

My other levy starts to siege Mértola.

June 17

CKII%2026-13.png

Victory at the Wilayah of Batalha, warscore is close now to reach the max, at 96%. We begin to siege Loshbuna.

June 20

I get the regular event of increasing productivity thanks to the Steward, this time in Salamanca.

July 2

Braganҫa has become Catholic. Also, the Toghan have decided to come back, and plan to attack my levy at Lishbuna. We get attacked in July 17.

August 2

Alcantara becomes Castilian.

August 5

The Court Chaplain converts another courtier.

August 9

CKII%2026-14.png

Oh no, he’s starting to lose his faith! Top option means losing Zealous. I decided to gamble with the bottom option… and won. I didn’t gain Depressed.

August 18

CKII%2026-15.png

And winning in the Mosque of Alcobaҫa brings warscore to 100%, and the end of the war. We’ve finally connected one of our enclaves. Lishbuna is renamed to Lisboa, and we now have the entirety of OTL Portugal.

An emirate has fallen, one step closer to uniting the peninsula. Where we’ll strike next? That’s for next time. 

By the way, as I’ve looked over news in the Paradox forums, it seems they’re finally making another map addition. The Tibet area is going to become playable, with new provinces, cultures, realms, religion, etc. Now, there’s still quite some time before they do this, but from what I remember reading up, map additions like those don’t transition well in save files. I can’t really say what could be the worst outcome, but I’m sure it’s not becoming unplayable with this upcoming Tibet patch. Well, we’ll soon see. Until next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt