Storyline Speculation (now with character wishlist)

Jayvee94

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I noticed in the comments here that not anyone has mentioned the return of dragons being part of the main villains again. I mean...remember the Scouring? A war between Dragons and Humans...I'd like to see that come back.

I mean, that's what the actual item Fire Emblem is about..the connection between Humans and Dragons. Of course it depends on the games but the Fire Emblem is missing that Fire feel to it.....

37 minutes ago, Harvey said:

So I noticed in the comments here that not anyone has mentioned the return of dragons being part of the main villains again. I mean...remember the Scouring? A war between Dragons and Humans...I'd like to see that come back.

I mean, that's what the actual item Fire Emblem is about..the connection between Humans and Dragons. Of course it depends on the games but the Fire Emblem is missing that Fire feel to it.....

Yeah, but multiple FEs have had nothing to do with dragons.

Thracia, while the major antagonists of the Jugdral games all followed Loptyr, who was a dragon, the game had really nothing to do with Loptyr. Sacred Stones had nothing to do with dragons in the main plot, and the main antagonist was basically Satan. PoR/Radiant Dawn had dragons, but they were "normal" people, and the main antagonist of those games was a God.

Every other FE game has to do with dragons, but a good 1/3 of the games don't(Not going to count SD/NM as a part of this, since they're remakes of FEs already about dragons).

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but multiple FEs have had nothing to do with dragons.

Thracia, while the major antagonists of the Jugdral games all followed Loptyr, who was a dragon, the game had really nothing to do with Loptyr. Sacred Stones had nothing to do with dragons in the main plot, and the main antagonist was basically Satan. PoR/Radiant Dawn had dragons, but they were "normal" people, and the main antagonist of those games was a God.

Every other FE game has to do with dragons, but a good 1/3 of the games don't(Not going to count SD/NM as a part of this, since they're remakes of FEs already about dragons).

Yeah I know that but like I said, that's what it means....can't we have a story that has the real meaning of Fire Emblem? Or have someone else say this cool line atleast once?

"Fire burns everything...and then gives birth to something new".

• 2 weeks later...

Here's just a random idea I had..

You create an avatar who is a lieutenant in some kingdom's army. The game starts with you being assigned to a border outpost. The Lord of the game is sent with you. After a few easy battles against bandits, you suddenly find yourselves surrounded by an enemy army. The ensuing battle is utterly hopeless, with no chance of victory or escape. But, just as you are about to be killed, you suddenly find yourself in an unfamiliar place. After some investigation, you realize thanks to your knowledge of history that you are in the past. So you decide to amass an army and groom the young Lord to win the battle. You win... but then you're flung into a future where your victory has somehow caused the world to be destroyed. (enemy kingdom used a magical nuke or somesuch) So once again you must return to the past and set things right, with the obligatory "Fire Emblem" being the artifact you use to travel through time. The time-travel mechanic also allows marriage & child characters to happen without any ridiculous 'babyrealm' shenanigans.

Edited by Nimbostratus

• A non-Royal lord. I want a lord who's background is more akin to Ike. Just a guy with an army 
  • Two generations again? Please? 
  • Nations with different mythologies and beliefs. 
  • Maybe a story set on the high seas? For a change of pace. 

47 minutes ago, Shogus00 said:
  • A non-Royal lord. I want a lord who's background is more akin to Ike. Just a guy with an army 
  • Two generations again? Please? 
  • Nations with different mythologies and beliefs. 
  • Maybe a story set on the high seas? For a change of pace. 

It'd help with the dream of a pirate lord, but this would lead to the same problem that will always plague gen 3 Pokemon:

TOO MUCH WATER

In an odd why I'd prefer a single protagonist, and I kinda want them to be a female commoner, and then add in some medieval sexism (in the wonderful FE tone down but obvious way, such as 9/10's racism) and then have the entire game be girl power...That is silly yes I know it's a very rough base line for different maybe have you do something a bit more like conquest was gunning for and have you kill the current nobility due to there lesser seen evil even though they are pretty decent with the ruling of the land so aren't hated, but rather than the main character cry and actually be more stupid than a doormat, just embrace what they will have to do and realise it's another hardship of there life, actually do evil, Systematically kill the noble line. Seek out the help of the nations enemy's and instigate wars to your advantage, Outright destroy trade line, steal money, any extreme to win. and then, it ends with everything going wrong because no-one with the understanding to rule is left, you've destroyed a large amount of world trade, and the entire world descends into a darker age of horror. Fun all around. (This may be a very over the top idea but I think if done well, could be interesting)

The more things I can actually think and are possible are:

Also for the love of all that is holy please not another sword lord, I'd love another lance or axe lord, A bow one would be amazing, just...enough swords as the first thing ever.

A slightly smaller but more fleshed out character roster wouldn't go amiss ether, less one tick pony characters, another thing that I think would go nicely with a non noble main character, they'd be a stronger understanding each other and you'd be more likely to pick up less reputable people.

No loli dragon/half human. Pls. Japan. Pls. Enough is Enough, wheres our Bantu?, Can we have another aged dragon/half human if we get one? Personally I wouldn't mind if we just didn't get sub races. They've been a little too much with Awakening/Fates.

A 2nd Generation split wouldn't be minded tough I'd personally be more agreeable with just no kids. Kids not been the spawn of mcguffin device and actually making sense to the game.

A more capture focus to acquire items like in Thracia would also be pretty interesting. Rather than throwing money at you the whole game make you work for the weapons and gear. Now obviously give it a bit more leeway for the easier difficulty for newer players so it's not evil on everyone.

Lastly, for the forge side, A Path version would be nice, with weapon colour changing in all (I might just want more pink weapons for the comedy aspect of it, and then red ones for the edgelord character)

6 hours ago, DemolisherBPB said:

A more capture focus to acquire items like in Thracia would also be pretty interesting. Rather than throwing money at you the whole game make you work for the weapons and gear. Now obviously give it a bit more leeway for the easier difficulty for newer players so it's not evil on everyone.

Please no, Capture was awful.

Maybe the game should try a completely new setting altogether.  Picture this:

In a cyberpunk future, our heroes are a grizzled police lieutenant and a couple sergeants in the arson division.  Investigating a string of fires, they discover that all of them seem to be being set by a previously unknown gang, the Dynamic Resistance Against Governments Or Nations.  The game follows their conflict with D.R.A.G.O.N. agents as the heroes investigate a plot that includes even high-ranking officials in their own police force!

...of course, if they want to stick with medieval fantasy, I'm cool with that, too. 

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

In a cyberpunk future, our heroes are a grizzled police lieutenant and a couple sergeants in the arson division.  Investigating a string of fires, they discover that all of them seem to be being set by a previously unknown gang, the Dynamic Resistance Against Governments Or Nations.  The game follows their conflict with D.R.A.G.O.N. agents as the heroes investigate a plot that includes even high-ranking officials in their own police force!

I mean, That's something I'd prefer to have "Advanced Wars" or just use the War series...Sure it would be a different game play and such but...I mean that's what the wars series was.
Hell it could be a good revival to wars, keep the more make units over and over but add more character development and change the team things to be more civil engagements and such.

21 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

I mean, That's something I'd prefer to have "Advanced Wars" or just use the War series...Sure it would be a different game play and such but...I mean that's what the wars series was.
Hell it could be a good revival to wars, keep the more make units over and over but add more character development and change the team things to be more civil engagements and such.

Yeah, it was more of a joke based on how many people I've seen saying they want something new and different in the series.  Though, Final Fantasy VII was pretty successful with the whole dystopian future thing, so...

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, Harvey said:

I know they probably won't be quick to do another Fates-esque, 3-route game, but I thought a post-Scouring setting would be good for one (maybe a couple centuries after FE6?)  On the human side, you have people noticing a few dragons popping up and causing trouble.  After dealing with them, the humans decide to gather the legendary items and take the fight to the dragons through the Dragon Gate, and hopefully eradicate the dragon menace once and for all!

Playing as the other side, you hear reports of some dragons going missing, and suspect that the humans may be involved (like they were in that whole Dragon Gate incident a couple hundred years ago).  One faction feeds on the unrest of people amidst these reports and starts a revolt against the reigning monarch.  As you fight the rebels, an army of humans starts invading and you must fight to defend the kingdom and throw out the invaders!

In the third path, the invading humans and loyal dragons parley for long enough to realize that both sides are being manipulated!  Some sinister human has been abducting dragons and driving them mad so they will rampage in the human world, while simultaneously fueling the unrest in the dragon world!  The two sides must ban together to face that ultimate of evils; the diabolical sorcerer pulling the strings; the cause of all unrest afflicting two worlds:  Merlinus!

...ok, yeah, I'm just kidding about Merlinus being some long-lived, evil overlord, but I really do think it would be neat to see more dragon culture.  Also, if it were set in the FE6/7 universe, we could even see Nils again.

9 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Playing as the other side, you hear reports of some dragons going missing, and suspect that the humans may be involved (like they were in that whole Dragon Gate incident a couple hundred years ago).  One faction feeds on the unrest of people amidst these reports and starts a revolt against the reigning monarch.  As you fight the rebels, an army of humans starts invading and you must fight to defend the kingdom and throw out the invaders!

In the third path, the invading humans and loyal dragons parley for long enough to realize that both sides are being manipulated!  Some sinister human has been abducting dragons and driving them mad so they will rampage in the human world, while simultaneously fueling the unrest in the dragon world!  The two sides must ban together to face that ultimate of evils; the diabolical sorcerer pulling the strings; the cause of all unrest afflicting two worlds:  Merlinus!

Isn't this exactly what Fates tried to do...getting the Revelation path kinda reveals that both kingdoms were corrupted and all?

The thing about Fates is that neither of the paths make you face dragons in the end and I don't recall even a dragon unit in the game. I don't necessarily mind it but like I said, I'd like that Dragon culture back.

I have a few ideas for characters.

Ren

Class: Archer/Hunter

A hunter who grew up in the same orphanage as Lynx. He has a cool and focused personality.

Lynx

Class: Cat (beast)

A cat who grew up in the same orphanage as Ren. She has a goofy and energetic personality

Lynx being a cat is being constantly bullied as a kid and Ren is the first one to defend her. She sticks around with him ever since.

They have the savvy guy and energetic girl dynamic.

I would like the idea of two warring kingdoms, like in Fates, but have it be two actual warring kingdoms, not the good guys and the bad guys. This way you can have a choice mechanic without it being overbearing. Also, NO THIRD PATH. PLEASE!

On 14/03/2017 at 4:25 PM, OakTree said:

Please no, Capture was awful.

You say that but I had fun with it until Build became to silly to deal with because who gets good build levels and then your indoors.
I think a re-worked version that doesn't out pace the game or require the greatest luck in the world for the game that gives the worst luck in the world could work.

On 14/03/2017 at 7:08 PM, JJ48 said:

Yeah, it was more of a joke based on how many people I've seen saying they want something new and different in the series.  Though, Final Fantasy VII was pretty successful with the whole dystopian future thing, so...

Admittedly it was just going that bit further form what FF 6 had started.

On 15/03/2017 at 0:40 PM, The_antithesis said:

I would like the idea of two warring kingdoms, like in Fates, but have it be two actual warring kingdoms, not the good guys and the bad guys. This way you can have a choice mechanic without it being overbearing. Also, NO THIRD PATH. PLEASE!

I can get behind more moral grey kingdoms would do better, some have good points in one and the other in other areas, but no clear "Good" or "Bad" kingdom. Just more substance to the plot and lore than fates really is something I'd wish for.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:19 AM, Emeraldfox said:

Hostile country attacks a not hostile country for resources and nearly destroys it, a lone prince/ss and his/her retainers build an army and drives them out of the country, then takes the fight to the hostile country's doorstep. Along the way they find out the hostile country's leader was influenced by an EVIL DRAGON who literally ate the hostile country's resources, and has done so to a few other nations and plans to destroy the world by eating everything. So our heroes stop the EVIL DRAGON.

This is an abridged version of what I was going to say. Fire emblem has recycled the same story since FE1.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:19 AM, Emeraldfox said:

Set in modern times

Not going to happen.

1. Four different protagonists of different statures and races (A duty-bound knight, a run-away princess, an ex-general of the evil army and a dragon tactician) team up to defeat an evil dragon emperor (not an emperor controlled by a dragon, the emperor IS the dragon).

2. Snarky lord and heroic friend team up to stop a growing plague and monster attacks manipulated by an undead priest and the dark god he worships.

3. Basic FE plot, but after the take-over, the original group become almost as bad as the usurper they fought, and their children have to raise an rebellion against their parents.

I would like to see a story where you play as the villains. The protagonist is the child of the evil emperor and is sent to the frontlines of the freshly started war to prove their worth. Over the course of the story, they then start to question wether they should blindly obey their father. The player can decide how evil the protagonists acts, such as choosing to spare or execute a defeated enemy, and either being nice to the citizens of the conquered lands or plundering all they have. In the end, they do decide to turn against the emperorer... either because they join the good guys, or to take his throne and conquer the world by themselfs.

How about we make it a musical! 

I'm joking! (I don't actually like musicals.) But I saw somebody pondered turning Fates into one on GFAQs. Somebody wrote a piece even:

The Path is Yours
Chapter of the Same Name

Xander: Come with us, little princess!
Camilla: I'll get those Hoshidans in a big mess
Leo: With you, we can win the war!
Elise: And afterwards, you can eat a s'more!

Ryoma: We are you're true blood!
Hinoka: We'll throw the Nohrian's in the mud!
Takumi: Hmph...
Sakura: Takumi, say something!

Xander: We have already built trust!
Ryoma: So have we!
Camilla: Coming with us is must
Hinoka: She should join our military!

Takumi: ...
Hinoka : [Takumi, say something!]
Takumi: ...
Hinoka: Grr... We didn't want this, we wanted peace!
Leo: ...
Elise: [C'mon, Leo! Sing!]
Camillak: *sigh* We've loved [Avatar] for more than a day, at least!

Sakura: Come home, please!
Elise: Her home is in Nohr with us!
Sakura: I-I'm gonna sneeze!
Elise: Don't try and distract me, cuz...
Camilla: [Think of something! Anything!]
Sakura: Aaaa-chooo!!!
Elise: Umm...We're awesome!
Leo: Really, Elise?
Elise: What would you have said?
Leo: Something with some sense, instead...

Avatar: Umm, guys, I think I'll-
Xander: Come to Nohr!
Ryoma: Come to Hoshido!
Avatar: Guys! I already made my decision! Please, be quiet!

Something like this playing in the CGI scene where they're on the battlefield would be nice. 

And can't forget all the choreography done by the generic soldiers in the hack ground as it happens.

11 hours ago, Night Zap said:

I would like to see a story where you play as the villains. The protagonist is the child of the evil emperor and is sent to the frontlines of the freshly started war to prove their worth. Over the course of the story, they then start to question wether they should blindly obey their father. The player can decide how evil the protagonists acts, such as choosing to spare or execute a defeated enemy, and either being nice to the citizens of the conquered lands or plundering all they have. In the end, they do decide to turn against the emperorer... either because they join the good guys, or to take his throne and conquer the world by themselfs.

Isn't that essentially the plot of Conquest?  Either way, I'm not sure I'd play a Fire Emblem evil campaign...

6 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Isn't that essentially the plot of Conquest?  Either way, I'm not sure I'd play a Fire Emblem evil campaign...

No, the plot of Conquest is "Idiot destroys an entire kingdom to prove who the real bad guy is".

Geki

Sword Fighter/Mercenary/Lord

Prince and Leader of the Team

Goushi

Armor Axe Knight

Eldest and Seconds in command. A bookworm.

Dan

Lance Fighter/Lance Cavalier

The hot headed front liner of the Team.

Boi

Thief/Ninja

The youngest and fastest member of the team.

Mei

Archer

The princess and heart of the team.

Edited by Jayvee94

On 3/13/2017 at 5:52 PM, Slumber said:

It'd help with the dream of a pirate lord, but this would lead to the same problem that will always plague gen 3 Pokemon:

TOO MUCH WATER

Gen 3 was amazing though, and much better than the snoozefest that was Gen 4. Haters to the left, I got bored after the game didn't start like 30 minutes in

But yeah, I think an oceanic world based on an archipelago would actually be pretty interesting. I know lots of people complained about the sailing in Wind Waker, but not only was that an amazing game, but considering that you wouldn't be manually sailing in FE anyway, the point is moot. I was actually thinking of something similar in the "Do you want pirates to return" thread, with a focus on pirate warlords rather than cavalry and land-based kingdoms. Maybe the Fire Emblem can be a special pirate treasure that gives said person a no-holds barred wish, godlike power, or something similar?

I mean I might just write one myself

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

Gen 3 was amazing though, and much better than the snoozefest that was Gen 4. Haters to the left, I got bored after the game didn't start like 30 minutes in

But yeah, I think an oceanic world based on an archipelago would actually be pretty interesting. I know lots of people complained about the sailing in Wind Waker, but not only was that an amazing game, but considering that you wouldn't be manually sailing in FE anyway, the point is moot. I was actually thinking of something similar in the "Do you want pirates to return" thread, with a focus on pirate warlords rather than cavalry and land-based kingdoms. Maybe the Fire Emblem can be a special pirate treasure that gives said person a no-holds barred wish, godlike power, or something similar?

I mean I might just write one myself

Gen 3 was awful, and gen 4 being simply unremarkable was a step up

I just don't think a water-centric world map for an FE game would work with the gameplay. It works in Wind Waker because it's open world, real time, and just as sailing starts to get tedious, you get a warp song, things that don't necessarily work in FE without drastically changing gameplay to basically an entirely different genre.