Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yes but how can it be a loophole if it's obvious an actor is acting outside of the union? I mean what's the point of that rule if it's so easy to circumvent anyway?

Actors are fined if they're caught working outside union jurisdiction, and honestly I don't know enough about unions and laws regarding non-compete clauses to give an adequate explanation as to why such a rule exists if everyone just ignores it anyway.

Just now, AzureSen said:

Actors are fined if they're caught working outside union jurisdiction, and honestly I don't know enough about unions and laws regarding non-compete clauses to give an adequate explanation as to why such a rule exists if everyone just ignores it anyway.

Aye, I understand that much, but it's the obvious loophole which confuses me. I understand not wanting to be credited if you're not proud of your work, but I highly doubt that's the case here. 

Thanks anyway, buddy.

...What do you mean Palla is uncredited (apply Ren voice if necessary)? As in, the spot where her voice actor should be listed is empty?

Also, the Archanean cast is still missing Wrys, Navarre, Est and Sheena.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

30 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...What do you mean Palla is uncredited (apply Ren voice if necessary)? As in, the spot where her voice actor should be listed is empty?

Also, the Archanean cast is still missing Wrys, Navarre, Est and Sheena.

That's what the thread said-- no english VA listed. Considering the only other instance we have of that is Lucina and she seems to still be voiced by Laura Bailey, it's possible that it's her or someone else doing non-union voicework.

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

"T. Axelrod"? That definitely sounds like a pseudonym.

There's unconfirmed claims that it's a pseudonym for Taliesin Jaffe, the voice of Blanka from Street Fighter. Also Navarre is looking even more super bishounen than before.

Edited by AzureSen

So someone else is compiling their own screencaps on BTVA (this will help a lot!).

http://i.imgur.com/UUdqgPt.png
Seems like we got a different guy for Gaius. 

http://i.imgur.com/Z2tjKq4.png
And we have our lady for Florina. 

Updated summary (added characters in bold):

Spoiler

Cherami Leigh - Caeda, Cecilia, Gwendolyn
Walden James - Jagen
Yuri Lowenthal - Merric
Mick Wingert - Laslow (replacing Liam O'Brien), Abel
Max Mittelman - Gordin
Taliesin Jaffe/T. Axelrod - Cain, Navarre
Cindy Robinson - Peri (replacing E.G. Daily), Minerva
Wendee Lee - Maria, Sophia
Michael Sinterniklaas - Niles, Takumi (replacing Roger Rose)
Julie Kliewer - Sharena, Florina
Hunter MacKenzie Austin - Clarine
Marisha Ray - Shanna
Kyle Hebert - Bartre
Kate Higgins/Davis - Serra
Lauren Landa - Female Robin
DC Douglas - Wrys
Ray Chase - Gaius
Patrick Seitz - Hector

2 minutes ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

One more to add to the list (didn't see it mentioned anywhere). Raven is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook.

Thanks. I'll put that in the next updated summary once I get a few more confirmed VAs. 

Anyway, Est has the same VA as Sakura. Someone actually mentioned it on BTVA already but hey, have a confirmation screencap I guess. 
http://i.imgur.com/HvL28yk.png

Just going through some of the English VAs that were in my summaries and OP missed. (either it's just unfinished or I probably wasn't clear enough lol)

Abel - Mick Wingert
Cecilia - Cherami Leigh

Also, seeing as Conner Kelley is listed as Felicia.... well, this is what I can gather from it:

• Conner Kelley is also listed as the VAs for Catria and Setsuna.
  • Conner Kelley was one of the names that were in the initial cast release of Fates before they were all figured out.
  • I pulled Catria myself and listened to her voice clips.... she sounds exactly like Setsuna, only less dopey.

I think it's safe to say that Julianne Alexander is returning for her Fates roles, and is the voice of Catria. Thought that might be worth mentioning. 

Oh yeah, and Hinata's VA isn't Cam Clarke, apparently, since he's back as M!Corrin and Arthur. So it's possible that Hinata was someone else entirely the whole time. Welp. 

Anyways, back to work I guess. I'll probably make an imgur album instead of linking to the screencaps. 

Edited by Benishigure

1 minute ago, Benishigure said:

Also, seeing as Conner Kelley is listed as Felicia.... well, this is what I can gather from it:

• Conner Kelley is also listed as the VAs for Catria and Setsuna.
  • Conner Kelley was one of the names that were in the initial cast release of Fates before they were all figured out.
  • I pulled Catria myself and listened to her voice clips.... she sounds exactly like Setsuna, only less dopey.

I think it's safe to say that Julianne Alexander is returning for her Fates roles, and is the voice of Catria. Thought that might be worth mentioning. 

Oh yeah, and Hinata's VA isn't Cam Clarke, apparently, since he's back as M!Corrin and Arthur. So it's entire possible that Hinata was someone else entirely the whole time. Welp. 

Anyways, back to work I guess. I'll probably make an imgur album instead of linking to the screencaps. 

Hah. We seemingly crack one pseudonym,  only to start on another ("Delim Donaldson" sounds like something somebody came up with on-the-fly).
And thanks in advance for the album.

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hah. We seemingly crack one pseudonym,  only to start on another ("Delim Donaldson" sounds like something somebody came up with on-the-fly).
And thanks in advance for the album.

Yeah, unless I'm not looking hard enough I can't seem to find any information on this Delem Donaldson guy. I'm convinced that it's someone undercover as well.

And no worries! I'm very happy to help. If you (or anyone else) have any other VA confirmations, let me know as well, so we can put all the info together. ^^

---

Another thing that might be worth mentioning: Kris Zimmerman isn't doing the voice direction. It's Patrick Seitz, and it's being done at Cup of Tea Productions, the same place the VA work was done for Awakening. No wonder I'm seeing a lot of familiar names (and I guess that explains why people like Paula Tiso and Roger Rose aren't back). 

EDIT: Oh, and the same person who posted the VA director screenie on BTVA also posted this (and another screenie):

Spoiler

pSqVSqk.png

Marcella Lentz-Pope is among that list... F!Corrin VA confirmed?

Edited by Benishigure