Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not gonna lie Lani Minella is kinda bad.

I kinda wondered if Lani Minella didn't return voicing Lyn due to canonity, I mean that Super Smash Bros. series isn't canon, she hasn't returned voicing Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising as well, but Radiant Dawn is actually canon to the Fire Emblem series since she did voiced Micaiah, Rolf, and Mist (Probably just voicing older Mist not the Younger Mist since her voice actress from Path of Radiance haven't returned to Radiant Dawn) as well or she could have a time consuming schedule to get into Cup of Tea Productions?

Edited by King Marth 64

Great, now I'm obsessed with figuring out who voices Dorcas...

With consideration of who has voiced characters in Fire Emblem, the only person I can think of is Joe J. Thomas, Deen and -- I'm pretty damn sure -- Randal's voice actor in SoV. Deen and Randal's voices are deeper and more gravely, especially Deen's from what I heard, but there's something there that makes me think it's his voice. After checking his video reel of the works he's done, I think it might be him and funny enough, the closest voices Thomas has done that I feel like are comparable to Dorcas's voice are Lex Luthor in Mortal Kombat vs. DC: https://youtu.be/3d_oork0MGg?t=48, and Salvatore Da Luca in The Heist: https://youtu.be/3d_oork0MGg?t=78.

Man, I really want to know who voiced Dorcas. His voice seems so familiar, but I can't think of a name behind the voice. At first I had to check for a video of Matt McKenzie, Final Fantasy X's Auron's voice actor, to make sure I wasn't hearing things wrong and yeah, it's not him.

Edit: Joe J. Thomas is listed as Randal's voice actor on his FE wiki page and for that matter, Cherami Leigh for Emma, and Lauren Landa for Yuzu. Shade's English voice actress isn't listed, but I bet it's Tara Sands, Sonya's voice actress.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Great, now I'm obsessed with figuring out who voices Dorcas...

With consideration of who has voiced characters in Fire Emblem, the only person I can think of is Joe J. Thomas, Deen and -- I'm pretty damn sure -- Randal's voice actor in SoV. Deen and Randal's voices are deeper and more gravely, especially Deen's from what I heard, but there's something there that makes me think it's his voice. After checking his video reel of the works he's done, I think it might be him and funny enough, the closest voices Thomas has done that I feel like are comparable to Dorcas's voice are Lex Luthor in Mortal Kombat vs. DC: https://youtu.be/3d_oork0MGg?t=48, and Salvatore Da Luca in The Heist: https://youtu.be/3d_oork0MGg?t=78.

Man, I really want to know who voiced Dorcas. His voice seems so familiar, but I can't think of a name behind the voice. At first I had to check for a video of Matt McKenzie, Final Fantasy X's Auron's voice actor, to make sure I wasn't hearing things wrong and yeah, it's not him.

One of my friends is guessing Kirk Thornton, but I don't know him at all.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

One of my friends is guessing Kirk Thornton, but I don't know him at all.

Kirk Thornton voiced Yen'fay in Awakening. He also voiced Saix in Kingdom Hearts 2 and is the current voice actor for Shadow the Hedgehog.

I can sort of hear it, but only through Saix's certain lines where his voice sounds deeper than normal and even then, it sounds off. His voice has a very distinctive trait to it that I can't explain or find a word for it, but I really think it's not him voicing Dorcas if he's using anything close to his normal voice. His voice for Nomah is very different, but I'm not sure. I really don't think he's the voice for Dorcas. What doesn't help is that I don't know what roles he's done that involved a very deep voice and if Saix is my only point of reference, then he's definitely not Dorcas's voice actor.

Edited by Kaden

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah. He was also Yen'fay in Awakening and apparently Iago in Warriors (but not Fates).

Curiously, he wasn't credited in Warriors so there is good reason to believe it might be him. It sounded like him in some parts. 

The JP cast for the new characters:

Lute: Nagano Ai (Amelia)
Mia: Asakawa Yu ( Megurine Luka from Vocaloid, Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale from the Fate series, she also voiced Mia and Rolf in Radiant Dawn)
Dorcas: Kenji Kitamura (Seems to be a minor VA, does not have a major role yet)

Joshua: Hirofumi Nojima (Hayato Ike from Shakugan no Shana)

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lani Minella will always be Adria for me. I sense a soul in search of answers!

Clicks on her many times until a teleport staff appears in her shop

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just heard Mia's quotes, and yeah, it's way off. She sounds like Camilla doing a Mia impression. Patrick Seitz (the VA director for Heroes) shouldn't have cast her as Mia again; Lani seems more suited to voicing older women.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:21 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's a pretty big exaggeration there, not gonna lie. You do know how long she's been in the business, and how much range she has right?

A few bad lines in a game that didn't exactly have stellar ADR direction to begin with HARDLY invalidates her entire career. 

(Apologies for this reply, yeah. Wasn't too great I'll admit.)

Edited by HylianBelmont

2 minutes ago, HylianBelmont said:

That's a pretty big exaggeration there, not gonna lie. You do know how long she's been in the business, and how much range she has right?

A few bad lines in a game that didn't exactly have stellar ADR direction to begin with HARDLY invalidates her entire career. 

I do, in fact, know about her career. But it's not really relevant to my comment, because her performance as Mia in two games has been bad, and that's what I'm judging her for.

2 minutes ago, HylianBelmont said:

You mean like Vaida? (That's always been a fancasting of mine admittedly, haha)

For Vaida she would be perfect. For Lyn and Mist, she was less than stellar. Her Mia is closer to the meh end of the scale too.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She was Micaiah too, apparently, lol.

Hush, Yune! Please, don’t cry!

Gods, Tellius voice acting was so cringeworthy. Greil was the only one done well. Ike, stay back!

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hush, Yune! Please, don’t cry!

Gods, Tellius voice acting was so cringeworthy. Greil was the only one done well. Ike, stay back!

I have fixed opinions with the RD Voice Acting... but PoR is goddamn awful... Like, the only characters doesn't bother me their voices are Greil and the (diffcult-to-understand) Black Knight... And I don't have great standarts with voice acting.

I'm also waiting to Micaiah's release to start to publish in Reddit posts with a video... so desu~"

Edited by Troykv

A lot of people have been saying Kirk Thornton voices Dorcas and after listening to the video that was uploaded, I can hear it more and I agree; I think Kirk Thornton voiced Dorcas. His "My wife's sick. She can't walk, but the medicine she needs is so expensive." does sound like Jin from Samurai Champloo talking. Well, if Jin's voice was deeper. And the "She's waiting for me" of his "I will home make it all costs. She's waiting me." really does sound like him. Still interesting how similar his Dorcas voice is to Joe J. Thomas's voice.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAoH-drPPbM.

Edited by Kaden

Mia's voice in RD was hilariously bad. It's unbelievable that of all people they brought that VA back for the character. Nothing against Lani Minella, but Mia she is not.

Edited by Zeo

• 2 weeks later...