Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda glad Mobus replaced Stanbra. Kaze sounded pretty bad in Fates, and I haven't been disappointed by Xander Mobus with any of his performances. As for Fox, I'll have to wait and see, though I'm kinda disappointed knowing Kana will likely still sound feminine. 

Edited by SilvertheShadow

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Kinda glad Mobus replaced Stanbra. Kaze sounded pretty bad in Fates, and I haven't been disappointed by Xander Mobus with any of his performances. As for Fox, I'll have to wait and see, though I'm kinda disappointed knowing Kana will likely still sound feminine. 

As long as Sandy does a good job of making him sound boyish without the voice crack, I think we'll be fine.

If I recall right, people hated the voice crack above all else with his Fates voice.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I liked the voice crack the most :’(

Different strokes I suppose. 

Personally I didn't really care one way. I've actually never used Male Kana outside of Heirs of Fate since I never played as Female Corrin.

I heard Male Kana's voice. It does sound alot more feminine with the new voice actor. 
I think Laurie did a perfect voice for him. The voice crack was cute though too. But I can the voice actor tried the pitch of Laurie and so its sorta cute. Also heard Male Kana's JP VA. He hit puberty hard for such a cute lil kid. xD

Xander used his Darios voice for Kaze. I loved every min of it.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The joys of Japanese audio.

I disagree. I did heard the Japanese version of Male Kana, it's so miscast in my opinion. Male Kana in the Japanese version sounded too old to voice a young kid and he does sounded more like a teenage boy.

And besides, I kinda miss Kaze's previous voice in Fates.

Edited by King Marth 64

14 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I disagree. I did heard the Japanese version of Male Kana, it's so miscast in my opinion. Male Kana in the Japanese version sounded too old to voice a young kid since Kana and he does sounded more like a teenage boy.

And besides, I kinda miss Kaze's previous voice in Fates.

I liked it in Fates, haven't heard it yet in Heroes. Calling it a miscast would be interesting... The criticism makes sense, just that they have the male voice for Corrin also do M!Kana, and vice versa for F!Corrin and F!Kana, so they never really "casted" specifically for the Kanas.

My comment was mostly referring to the lack of constant recasting that seems to be happening in English, though.

A lot of people seem to be liking Xander Mobus a lot more, I hear.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I liked it in Fates, haven't heard it yet in Heroes. Calling it a miscast would be interesting... The criticism makes sense, just that they have the male voice for Corrin also do M!Kana, and vice versa for F!Corrin and F!Kana, so they never really "casted" specifically for the Kanas.

My comment was mostly referring to the lack of constant recasting that seems to be happening in English, though.

A lot of people seem to be liking Xander Mobus a lot more, I hear.

I thought it would expected to be Male Kana to be sound younger like the Ben Diskin route since one of Kana's supports did mentioned that he/she is definitely the youngest child in Fates since Kana does have 1/4 Dragon Blood that made his/her age slowly. I did enjoyed Kaze's voice in Fates back when I was playing Birthright route.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

I thought it would expected to be Male Kana to be sound younger like the Ben Diskin route since one of Kana's supports did mentioned that he/she is definitely the youngest child in Fates since Kana does have 1/4 Dragon Blood that made her age slowly. I did enjoyed Kaze's voice in Fates back when I was playing Birthright route.

It's possible the voice actor forgot how to do the M!Kana voice...

1 hour ago, redtutel said:

A lot of Fates characters get recasted. I wonder why

It probably has a lot to do with a lot of union stuff that I personally don’t know too much about. I do believe it is a different studio doing the VA for heroes than fates. It’s also a different director so I don’t know it’s a little complicated.

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

More like a curse. Japanese VA's sound way too similar to each other honestly.

Understanding the words helps a lot as well as just having more exposure to speakers of the language. It's hard to pick out the difference in speech patterns when everything is just gibberish. Conversely, when you understand the words, it's easier to pick out differences in how different speakers say the same word.

French, for example, sounds pretty samey to me for that same reason.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Is it just me, or boy Kana sounds like Feh?

Now that you mention it, yes. He does sound a lot like Feh. And that probably explains exactly why I don't like it at all.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:13 AM, Vaximillian said:

Is it just me, or boy Kana sounds like Feh?

This is the closest I've ever been in figuring out who voices her XD. I've been wondering that for a while yo

On 4/24/2018 at 3:50 AM, Sentinel07 said:

More like a curse. Japanese VA's sound way too similar to each other honestly.

You know, I'm noticing that people aren't into the original Japanese dub as before

8 hours ago, Midnox said:

You know, I'm noticing that people aren't into the original Japanese dub as before

People who don't understand Japanese are probably just as indifferent to listening to the Japanese voices as I would be watching a movie with only German audio and German subtitles.

There's also just the fact that people who don't like something are more likely to talk about their not liking it than people who do like something.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:35 AM, Midnox said:

This is the closest I've ever been in figuring out who voices her XD. I've been wondering that for a while yo

I'm seriously thinking that Feh is voiced by either Cherami Leigh or Julie Maddalena.

Also, does anyone have an idea as to who Alicia Stratten could be? I just pulled my first Nanna in the legendary banner and listened to some of her voice clips and she sounds a tad bit like Laura Bailey. I doubt it's actually her since she's so busy doing more high profile stuff (she's like the female version of Troy Baker) but who knows?

Edited by Larverto

6 hours ago, ashlyn said:

dammit I hate that female Kana has a new voice actor

Honestly I feel Eden Riegel aka Claudia Lenz does a very good job replicating Danielle Judovitz. She even does the odd phonetics such as saying "Pu-PAH".

The fact that nobody seems to deduce who Alicia Stratten could be assuming she's indeed a pseudonym is kinda odd. Nanna sounds pretty similar to Brianna Knickerbocker, but Laegjarn sounds nothing like Knickerbocker so that's out the window. My best guess is that this Alicia Stratten is either a completely new VA entering the scene or a different VA who hasn't been in Heroes yet. 

16 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Honestly I feel Eden Riegel aka Claudia Lenz does a very good job replicating Danielle Judovitz. She even does the odd phonetics such as saying "Pu-PAH".

The fact that nobody seems to deduce who Alicia Stratten could be assuming she's indeed a pseudonym is kinda odd. Nanna sounds pretty similar to Brianna Knickerbocker, but Laegjarn sounds nothing like Knickerbocker so that's out the window. My best guess is that this Alicia Stratten is either a completely new VA entering the scene or a different VA who hasn't been in Heroes yet. 

after listening to her I will say that she does sound very similar to how she originally sounded, so I'm glad that at least worked out. 

Ares: Robbie Daymond

Lene: Faye Mata

Ishtar: Ratana

Good to see Robbie get another role so he can show off his deeper register (since Tobin was all he had before). Faye Mata is a nice new face (I remember hearing her in Hunter x Hunter).

Nothing on who the heck Ishtar's VA is but I like it.

Edit: Okay, Ishtar's VA, Ratana, apparently was Lianshi in Dynasty Warriors 9.

Edited by Sentinel07

We got some new Genealogy of the Holy War units, Robbie Daymond is back voicing another character, Ares, and two (or more) VAs: Faye Mata-

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Ares: Robbie Daymond

Lene: Faye Mata

Ishtar: Ratana

Good to see Robbie get another role so he can show off his deeper register (since Tobin was all he had before). Faye Mata is a nice new face (I remember hearing her in Hunter x Hunter).

Nothing on who the heck Ishtar's VA is but I like it.

...ninja'd.

Anyways, Fate Mata was Astolfo in Fate/Apocrypha and Rin Hoshizora in Love Live.