Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First new VA's in some time. Shows you how many re-run characters we've gotten over the months.

So, we got Megan Lee as Ylgr. Not much else on her at the moment. There is an actress by that name, but some investigating will be needed just to make sure.

And if I could make one note, Behind the Voice Actors has determined that "Alicia Stratten" is Abby Trott (Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice).

Ylgr sounds adorable and sassy.

I tried looking up the name on BTVA but nothing came up. I did come across a Megan Taylor Harvey who still active and has a sister named Brittney Lee Harvey (also a VA). Maybe this is the work of a clever pseudonym? 

19 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Ylgr sounds adorable and sassy.

I tried looking up the name on BTVA but nothing came up. I did come across a Megan Taylor Harvey who still active and has a sister named Brittney Lee Harvey (also a VA). Maybe this is the work of a clever pseudonym? 

I wouldn't be surprised. In Fates, EG Daily took "Lizzy Hunter" from her son, Hunter.

And funny enough, I did think of Megan Harvey. Her name stood out to me thanks to FLCL Alternative.

Edited by Sentinel07

So apparently there’s been an interesting development regarding the VA of Subaki, Jagen, and Jaffar. It turns out that the identity behind “Walden James” is actually John Rubinstein. He actually hasn’t done a lot of voice work for games, much less major roles (biggest standout was voicing a Professor Layton character). For more info about this, I’ll link the BTVA page: https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/John-Rubinstein/

Also I think I like Ylgr’s JP voice more now. Whereas the English dub she kind of has an attitude and borders on being bratty, she’s genuinely adorable in Japanese. Kind of a rare moment I prefer the original.

Hrid is Matsuoka Yoshitsugu in Japanese, otherwise voicing main characters Kirito (SAO), Bell (DanMachi), Souma (Food Wars), and Sora (No Game No Life). I think he's new to this game.

Mark P. Whitten in the language I don't care about, who also voiced Lyon in this game.

@SatsumaFSoysoy The topic title probably needs to be updated. Scattered Fangs was quite some time ago now.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

But you have Surtr and Ylgr in the OP, and they're definitely more recent than Scattered Fangs.

I have Surtr since we've known his VAs for a long time now, but no Ylgr. I just kinda forgot about this and I'll get to it when I have time.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have Surtr since we've known his VAs for a long time now, but no Ylgr. I just kinda forgot about this and I'll get to it when I have time.

Ah... I forgot Surtr had a voice for a while and just assumed you also had Ylgr since I skimmed over the Nifl siblings.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know Edward Bosco for “Gotta love the Luke!”, but I wasn’t too familiar with the other two. So after some research it appears that Lizzie Freeman (assuming this isn’t a coincidence) has only voiced two characters ever, so there isn’t much to go off from her. Xanthe Huynh, on the other hand, has more history to her. Looks she voiced Sachi from SAO as well as some Persona characters.

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

We all know Edward Bosco for “Gotta love the Luke!”, but I wasn’t too familiar with the other two. So after some research it appears that Lizzie Freeman (assuming this isn’t a coincidence) has only voiced two characters ever, so there isn’t much to go off from her. Xanthe Huynh, on the other hand, has more history to her. Looks she voiced Sachi from SAO as well as some Persona characters.

Yes, Xanthe Huynh is Haru Okumura from Persona 5.

Lizzie Freeman is Lilly from Dragalia Lost.

Edit: And according to the official website, Hel is voiced by Barbara Goodson. 

Edited by Sentinel07

• 5 weeks later...

Alt month is done, and with that we get the Laguz making their triumphant entrance. 

Tibarn is voiced by Joe J Thomas, who was Deen is SoV.

Naesala was done by Rachel Robinson... never heard of her. She has a big resume though and appears to have voiced some major characters in some anime.

Leanne is voiced by Rachelle Heger. Looks like she’s only done four things previously so I’m fairly sure she’s a newbie.

Reyson was by Frank Todaro. Like Rachel, I’m not familiar with him but apparently he voiced Starscream from the newer Transformers shows.

Naesala will be voices by Lucian Dodge who has previously done Leon.

Edited by Silverly

Gonna drop the Japanese voice actors for the Laguz. Only Reyson's voice actor is new.

Tibarn: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Alfonse, Berkut)

Nailah: Mitsuki Saiga (Kliff)

Leanne: Eri Suzuki (Delthea, Soleil)

Reyson: Akira Ishida (Gaara from Naruto)

Naesala: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Ares)

Sounds like Katsura (Reyson) has reunited with Gintoki (Oliver)!

Edited by BZL8
Oops

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

Naesala was done by Rachel Robinson... never heard of her. She has a big resume though and appears to have voiced some major characters in some anime.

Naesala will be voices by Lucian Dodge who has previously done Leon.

10 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Naesala: Mitsuki Saiga (Kliff)

Naesala: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Ares)

That's a lot of Naesala.

• 1 month later...

Keaton is voiced by Tod Sroka (Dan Hibiki seems to be his most notable character. Also voiced X in MvC Infinite).

Velouria retains Angela Marie Volpe from Fates.

Kaden also retains his voice from Fates in Max Mittleman.

Selkie’s high-pitched voice comes from Lexi Klein (Couldn’t find anything, so she must be new).

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Selkie’s high-pitched voice comes from Lexi Klein (Couldn’t find anything, so she must be new).

Either that or an alias