Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

OP has been updated.

Both the Japanese and English dubs are two for four imo. For Japanese, Fukuyama Jun for Innes is perfect, and Nagano Ai for Amelia is alright. Koyama Rikiya for Seth is strange, but not bad. Tana's voice is a bit too low though, which is ironic considering her VA also does Nowi.

For English, XANDER MOBUS is amazing, and Amelia is fine as well. Seth is okay I guess, but there's a strange quality to his voice. Tana's voice is, once again, too deep.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

OP has been updated.

Both the Japanese and English dubs are two for four imo. For Japanese, Fukuyama Jun for Innes is perfect, and Nagano Ai for Amelia is alright. Koyama Rikiya for Seth is strange, but not bad. Tana's voice is a bit too low though, which is ironic considering her VA also does Nowi.

For English, XANDER MOBUS is amazing, and Amelia is fine as well. Seth is okay I guess, but there's a strange quality to his voice. Tana's voice is, once again, too deep.

Innes has Smashing, I love it.

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Tana's voice is, once again, too deep.

If it isn't as bad as Lachesis' case (which isn't exactly news for Heroes), I might be fine with it.

10 hours ago, Rapier said:

If it isn't as bad as Lachesis' case (which isn't exactly news for Heroes), I might be fine with it.

Lachesis's voice is fine if you compare it to her artwork in Genealogy. It only looks out of place in Heroes because the artist made her look like a loli.

It's nice to see Melissa Fahn pop up in something again. She always pops up when you least suspect her to.

And kudos on getting Xander Mobus. He seems to be quite in demand. I wonder if this is a sign that he might pop up in Warriors, much like how Max Mittelman, Cherami Leigh and Greg Chun voiced characters in Heroes before showing up in Shadows of Valentia.

15 minutes ago, HylianBelmont said:

Personally I disagree with the sentiment some people have that Tana's voice is "too deep"

Not every Fire Emblem Princess HAS to have a high-pitched voice, IMO. She can still sound cute regardless.

She's pretty young and immature in SS, so a high voice fits. It has nothing to do with cuteness, honestly.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

20 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Lachesis's voice is fine if you compare it to her artwork in Genealogy. It only looks out of place in Heroes because the artist made her look like a loli.

Lachesis is a late teen in Genealogy. She is not supposed to sound like a 25+ year old woman in any case, and the dub isn't good enough to gloss it over.

Then again, fitting better =/= being better. Ike's kind of fits but I hate his voice, while Mae's voice is deep for a character made of diabetes (who sounds worse than a banshee in japanese) but I like her.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She's pretty young and immature in SS, so a high voice fits. It has nothing to do with cuteness, honestly.

If it'd mean having Julie Kliewer again (as with Lilina), I'm pretty happy they went through another route.

As far as Valter's English VA is concerned (datamined stuff):

Spoiler

His VA credit is just simply "Imari" according to the Reddit datamine which to me seems to be short for Imari Williams, who voiced Benny and Fuga in Fates. At the very least, his voice kinda has the same type of sound that Fuga's does after listening to Valter's voice clips, which are on the Heroes wiki for the record.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

As far as Valter's English VA is concerned (datamined stuff):

Hide contents

His VA credit is just simply "Imari" according to the Reddit datamine which to me seems to be short for Imari Williams, who voiced Benny and Fuga in Fates. At the very least, his voice kinda has the same type of sound that Fuga's does after listening to Valter's voice clips, which are on the Heroes wiki for the record.

I see, hm. I'll wait until he's actually released before I put him up though. I can already tell who his JP voice actor is.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see, hm. I'll wait until he's actually released before I put him up though. I can already tell who his JP voice actor is.

Yeah, that's fine. I was just giving a heads up on who his English VA might be.

10 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Say, why did the entire SoV section get deleted?

The section was getting big, but since its original game is voiced, a lot of people already know who the VAs for Echoes are. I'm aiming to just include voices for unvoiced games here, or new/un-released content.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• 4 weeks later...