Consolidation: which version of each character will you vote for?

BANRYU

SO! In the interest of consolidating votes for characters that people want, I wanted to make this poll/topic to figure out which version of characters with multiple iterations people will vote for-- Tiki, Ike, the Awakening trio in Fates/Conquest, etc. Ideally, to give these characters the best chance of success, I think it only makes sense to ensure that we're voting for the SAME version of a character, instead of splitting their votes between the two different versions. By polling early, ideally we can find out which version of each character is more popular, and vote accordingly to give them the best possible chance! Let's make it happen, folks!

Please vote for the characters at the following URLs: 

NOTE: Please only vote/comment on characters that you plan to vote for! If you are NOT planning to vote for the character, then consolidation among people who ARE going to vote for that character will be skewed by irrelevant data. Thanks for understanding. Note that you can also vote for both versions if you plan to do so in the poll.

If anyone wants to help get the word out and get us more results, here are other social media links that you can spread it on: 

Edited by BANRYU

AH. OKAY. FIXED THE POLL. This way, people can vote for the characters they want and not muddle the data =3= 

Anyway, made this topic largely because I want to vote for Owain but have no idea which version to go for lol. Thought other people who want to vote for characters with multiple versions might appreciate something similar, so here we are. I know all the other choices are pretty popular so.. yeah

Just to be clear: please only comment/vote for the character that you PLAN to vote for in the poll. If you're NOT planning to vote for that character, then it will skew the data for those of us who are trying to figure out which version to vote for. 

I only voted for RD Ike out of all these characters, but if I had to vote for the others, it'd be young Tiki (I hate Awakening Tiki with a passion), Owain (I hate his design as Odin too), Inigo, and Selena.

EDIT: Oh, my bad, BANRYU.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele No worries, I was still trying to figure out how to represent the poll accurately and forgot to mention that sooner. x3x S'my bad (You also specified which ones you're voting for in your post so that helps ;P)

Maybe I should make like a strawpoll or something on a separate site....? That might be more accurate... Though I don't really have much experience doing that, can anyone recommend a site?

Edited by BANRYU

I can't change my vote, since I voted before you changed the poll.  Of the ones listed, I'd only give votes to Ike and maybe Owain.

Okay I'm working on strawpolls for each of the characters and gonna maybe just take the poll out, stay tuned. 

While I'm doing this, are there any other characters with multiple versions I should make polls for, other than the 5 listed? Maybe some chars that are different between 4 and 5 that I might not know about...?

There's characters besides Ike who appear in both PoR and RD, who range from just mostly minor clothing change like Elincia, to noticeable physical difference, like Boyd.  You'd have to include basically every character from PoR, though.

FE 1,3,11, and 12 have characters appearing in both games, but I think they're mostly the same, with only art differences really changing.

Hmm. Maybe what I can do in the strawpoll is just say 'Misc character from [x game]' and then have people comment in the thread....??

Because I'll be honest, I do NOT want to spend the time to make that many strawpolls lol. I gotta feed my kid here in a bit ain't got time for that

1 minute ago, Nym said:

All the recent versions of each characters (yes that again).

In my case it would be the older versions, but whatevs. Also, out of the list above, I am only voting for Tiki and Ike.

Anna should probably be a part of the strawpolls regardless, as she's one character and an infinite number of characters at the exact same time.

Edited by Gima

1 minute ago, Gima said:

In my case it would be the older versions, but whatevs. Also, out of the list above, I am only voting for Tiki and Ike.

Anna should probably be a part of the strawpolls regardless, as she's one character and an infinite number of characters at the exact same time.

Yeah, they she has always looked more or less the same, apart from artistic style.

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

Well it's still your choice anyway, I can't force you to choose otherwise.

Just realized that for the 3 children, nobody voted for the old version. Maybe because that doesn't really matter since they are exactly the same?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, they she has always looked more or less the same, apart from artistic style.

True, but we're talking about separate characters here. I'd say putting aside a poll for Anna (with options being "Shadow Dragon, Mystery of the Emblem, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates") would do more good than harm.

Edited by Gima

Okay, OP has been updated with new strawpolls. Those who already voted, my apologies, but I'm asking you to vote again x3x

working on additional polls for other characters, stay updated....

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

True, but we're talking about separate characters here. I'd say putting aside a poll for Anna (with options being "Shadow Dragon, Mystery of the Emblem, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates") would do more good than harm.

Yeah, it would be splitting the vote a lot, since she's been in everything except Gaiden, funnily enough.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, it would be splitting the vote a lot, since she's been in everything except Gaiden, funnily enough.

The versions I listed were actually the only ones that we could poll for! Presumably because the others went beyond being minor and delved into the realm of cameos.

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

Just realized that for the 3 children, nobody voted for the old version. Maybe because that doesn't really matter since they are exactly the same?

Mmhmm.

I'd say it doesn't really matter, yeah, since Fates is apparently just a style change (aside from hair color, but they'll use the "official" colors for the Awakening versions) in the first place.

Edited by Gima

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

I voted for Awakening Owain.  I'm noted a fan of his Dark Mage outfit.

I actually do like the Merc outfit in Fates for the other two.  It's one of the few outfit styles I like in Fates.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I voted for Awakening Owain.  I'm noted a fan of his Dark Mage outfit.

I actually do like the Merc outfit in Fates for the other two.  It's one of the few outfit styles I like in Fates.

I'm not a fan either but Dark Mage > SwordMaster

OKAY. added options for Anna and misc characters from the continents with multiple versions/installments x___x that's all the work I'm doing on it today haha I'm done. 

Don't forget to vote etc. etc. election humor haha