Do you think Fire Emblem Switch will use the same engine as the 3DS games?

I'd imagine they would have to make a new engine because of how different the technology is between the Switch and the 3DS. Some things would be carried over from the old engine to save time or course, but most things would be updated. It would benefit them greater in the long run since the engine used for FE16 is going to be the same one used for any future games/remakes, and the 3DS engine is only going to hold them back.

I imagine that a different program would be used for the Switch but I am also a very non tech savvy guy so, what do I know. At the same time I expect that a lot of mechanics and features from the 3ds and hopefully from games pre dating the 3ds ones as well will make a return. Most likely we'll see the pair up system return among other things

I'm hoping though that the designs and textures of models and backgrounds will mirror what was done in Radiant Dawn, to date this game still has the best designed classes and even the backgrounds are still pretty incredible looking. When two flying units would engage in combat they were in THE SKY not a few feet above the ground. I also still prefer RD's forging and skill system and hope that these return as well, I think EVERY FE game has something unique to offer and I hope that we'll see the next FE game include mechanics and features from as many FE entries as possible. For instance the Personal Skills idea from Fates, Pair up from Awakening, Traversable Map from SS, etc.

I think they would come up with a new engine. I mean, they need to make a new one if they want to fully utilize the graphical potential of the switch. Of course, reusing the old 3ds one might still work, but they certainly wouldn't get the most out of it. 

For this first FE game on the Switch, we'll probably see a transitional engine for it. At its base it's still the 3DS engine but with a massive graphical upgrade and a few new features to make use of the Switch's capabilities.

It takes time to make a new graphical engine from the ground up, unless this actually gets released in 2019 or they're going to use an outsourced engine like Frostbyte and Unreal, I we're going to get a brand new for this one.

Edited by Watchman