(Spoilers?) Plausibility regarding Priam's ancestry

So, I was thinking. Back in Awakening, we had Priam. Descendant of the Radiant Hero who came from another world and all that. In-game, he was found living in an island just off the west coast of Valm. Which, as many know, is a renamed Valentia. Dialogue elsewhere would state he actually wanders around the world, with the island just some sort of temporary home adding that his non-married Character Ending has him going off again to who knows where.

Now, we know this game, happening in-between Marth's ones, happens roughly 2000 years before Priam's time. That's a lot of time. We don't know just how big is the gap between Ike and Priam. And we have the benefit of doubt regarding just how those people in-between lived their lives, wether they traveled around like Priam, or actually spent a generation or two in the same place.

So my point is this: Just how plausible would be for this remake to include a nod to this? Regardless of if it's a new character in this lineage, or Ike himself showing up. Would they choose to give Ike's lineage another appearance (regardless of how big or small would be), or just ignore it altogether?

What do you all think?

If the writing is good enough, maybe? I'm worried his inclusion could be written poorly and not make much sense, even though the times are close. (Valentia is 401, but Archanea was early 7th century, while Tellius is mid to late 7th century)...

But time in this game has always been weird though.

4 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

If the writing is good enough, maybe? I'm worried his inclusion could be written poorly and not make much sense, even though the times are close. (Valentia is 401, but Archanea was early 7th century, while Tellius is mid to late 7th century)...

But time in this game has always been weird though.

Valentia also seemingly has a different calendar, so that might not matter at all.

I wouldn't mind. As big an Ike x Elincia fan as I am, I'd have no problem with seeing hints that Ike married a lovely girl in Valentia and raised his family there. It's a really sweet idea. ^^ A cameo from Ike himself and nothing more would be fine too. I'll take just about anything involving Ike! He is my favorite hero. <3

Honestly, even though I do a lot of Ike x Elincia things, I can definitely like Ike with other girls (Lethe is one, for instance. I just have a hard time picturing Lethe having kids with him because she'd lose her laguz abilities and she doesn't seem like she'd want to ever give that up). I often took Smash screenshots of him and Palutena because I like them as a crossover couple. Ike defeated a goddess, maybe he can also romance one! lol It's Elincia I can't see with other men not named Geoffrey (and I don't like that pairing, so...).

Ike should be left to being an amiibo character. Alm and Celica should allowed to stand on their own in their own game. If IS really wants the reference Priam, I would prefer a new character between Ike and Priam to show up.

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

Ike should be left to being an amiibo character. Alm and Celica should allowed to stand on their own in their own game. If IS really wants the reference Priam, I would prefer a new character between Ike and Priam to show up.

This pretty much. I usually like returning characters mind you, but if Ike himself were to show up, the actual main characters would get upstaged very quickly. It doesn't help FE2 already has FOUR reoccurring characters from FE1, so adding more in this specific game could cause trouble.

Giving my own input on the matter, perhaps 2000 years is a bit too much. In any case, if it doesn't happen here, or in Jugdral remakes, or something or other, there's still the era of the First Exalt if they do bother to revisit the idea. And that being just around 1000 years makes it still distant but not by that much. In any case, even if they do give Ike's arrival an exact date, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be during the events of a game. They can always place it just 100~ or so years before, and we'd have an exact date without having Ike himself showing up again. Or just 50 or so for retired old man Ike cameo, hehehe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

26 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

As a character who shows up after you beat the game, or right before you beat the game, nah. As a super-secret, hard to reach and harder to beat secret boss fight, yes.

Even better if its old, 50s-60s Ike.

I'm pretty sure that the implication is that Ike's adventures took place a loooooooooooooooooooooong time before Marth's story. You'd think people would mention the world freezing and two Gods fighting for the fate of the whole world if it only happened 30-40 years ago.

Plus, Ragnell is falling apart in Awakening, while other holy weapons like the Falchion are still in pristine condition, and there's over 1000 years separating FE1-3 and Awakening.

If there's ever explicit confirmation that all of the FEs take place in the same world, I think the Tellius games would be the earliest, given that Ashunera basically destroyed the world besides Tellius relatively recently(I think it was like, 50,000 years earlier? Can't remember if a hard number is given, but 50k comes to mind for some reason) before PoR.

Edited by Slumber

I think if Ike's lineage is referenced, he shouldn't appear unless it's a brief cameo. I feel like it would take away from the title chars otherwise. For example Alm meets a mysterious person who offers to join him in exchange for helping them recover a family heirloom. Alm gathers clues that lead him to Ragnell, which is hidden in a shrine. Upon finding it, the person reveals themselves to be one one Ike's descendants and joins Alm on his quest, offering to tell Alm about their legendary ancestor.

....I feel like that would be pretty sufficient for an Ike cameo. Don't forget he DOES have an Amiibo.

Edited by Aurabolt

Sure, as a end of the game thing that would be great. Once you beat the game, much like Awakening, give the player some extra paralogue/bonus chapter stuff to do, along with one involving Ike. That would be cool.

I don't exactly want to see him show up in the story, as its Alm and Celica's story, but as a bonus thing to happen off to the side much like Priam, sure. Same with Marth related stuff, though I fucking hate Marth so I would rather he didn't show up.

Edited by Tolvir

On 1/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, Sweet_Basil said:

If Ike visits Alm to help him that means all of the worlds are connected.

its already connected thanks to Priam he is descended from Ike, and lives in renamed valentia so at the very least 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, and 13 are all the same world. And fates is confirmed parallel world to them or something.  

Just now, iavasechui said:

its already connected thanks to Priam he is descended from Ike, and lives in renamed valentia so at the very least 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, and 13 are all the same world. And fates is confirmed parallel world to them or something.  

What about 8?

13 minutes ago, iavasechui said:

Don't know if it's the same in the original Japanese script, but the Paralogue's English dialogue states Ike came from another world.

2 hours ago, Sweet_Basil said:

What about 8?

Awakening makes it clear that all the other games are connected to it as with Archanea and Valentia being the predecessor of Ylisse and Valm respectively, Jugdral being in the same world because of references to Naga and old tales, Elibe and Magvel through old tales, Tellius through old tales, and rumors of somebody crossing worlds and Priam's existence, Hoshido and Nohr through old tales (Before Awakening DLC) and the involvement of Owain, Severa, and Inigo (main story of Fates and Hidden Truths DLC). It's largely DLC content though so you may not see it while playing through Awakening and Fates.

Edited by Roflolxp54