Chapter 9 on Eirika's route help?

I'm playing this game for the first time on Difficult mode and I'm on the map where we first get Tana. I can't seem to get to the villages in time before the pirates/whatever do, especially the one to the south. Any tips?

Edited by GuiltyLove

Yee. Its a good idea to have Vanessa promoted by this time but its understandable if she is not. (promoted 'Nessa can use swords and can handle those pirates on that end of the map) Either way, have Vanessa rescue Seth (and make sure hes got a sword equipped) and ferry him down to the lip of the map where the water is by that village. The pirates will start inching over there but the other guys on that end of the map will start attacking Seth. Since hes Seth, he can handle it. Keep Vanessa from going too far south cuz the archers. (Tana can rescue Vanessa if she winds up left in a precarious situation) Do all of this on turn 1. By turn 2, have Seth park it right in front of the village. 

In the meantime, there are other pirates lurking on the west side of the map. I cannot recall which turn they appear on but its like turn 4 or some shizz. I think theres also a stinky, edgy myrm with a Killing Edge over there too. Proceed with some caution cuz you do have to break through that lot of mercs and that Sniper guy. Franz is pretty good for this task. He also is the good one to have inching over toward the villages in that end of the map. Edgy Myrm might tink him if hes high enough level. Franz can recruit Amelia who appears on the southern end of the west side of the map. She wont move unless yer in her range and since shes a wet paper bag, one hit from like any of your guys will smush her. The guys around her will move up and Franz can spank em. Have Franz recruit Amelia after clearing out that lot and have another unit either rescue her or drop her off out of the range of any dudes. In the process of making your way to this end of the map, you'll have murdered all the pirates that appeared over there.

Meanwhile, back where Seth is, Pirates have basically suicided themselves on him so it will likely leave an archer or two trying to potshot him and failing miserably. Seth will be free to visit the village at last and that nabs another Rapier for Eirika which you might want. Kinda worth the effort. 

The above should work for you, if you haven't promoted him to fighter, Ross as a pirate will help out greatly, additionally if you position your fliers right, you can visit the village and retreat out of the archers way if that's possible (been a while since I played FE 8) and meanwhile just have Franz lead the charge and have him recruit Amelia (she is kinda a est unit but comes earlier and is definitely worth the effort)