Your reaction: FE Switch adds a minigame that let's you bathe and wash your soldiers.

BalancedPro

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go wtf? It would get an M rating then...but I'd still buy it...shamefully. And I'd be like what's next, having to have a sex scene before 2nd gen if it's included?

• 3 months later...

I want to bathe my soldiers. :$

1 minute ago, Professor Groeteschele said:

I wanna learn some practical cleaning techniques from this. Not just "rub rub back until clean." And I hope I learn to keep the bath area clean, too.

I agree.

8 minutes ago, PlaYeRaNoN said:

In all seriousness, what do you guys think FE switch is going to be like?

Fates 2.0, unfortunately

Because its all about the money. And they've proven it twice now; waifu emblem is what brings in the big sales. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Fates 2.0 if this is true, unfortunately. 

A decade of waiting for the next home console FE, culminating into bathing minigames. *gross sobbing*

I'm going off topic with this so this will be tagged as spoilers, just feel free to ignore: 

Spoiler

Avatars are probably going to reappear, seeing how the latest games were popular it could be good or bad, depending on its execution. I don't mind marriage, but kids were shoehorned into Fates even if it made no sense ad it could happen again. Skinship behind popular in Korea and Japan I could have understood it's implementation in Birthrights, but the concept is overkill, at least to me. I know playing FE:Amie in the bus or in public place could have been really embarassing.

I mean if you want to make a separate, full blown dating sim about all your favorite characters (Forrest is clearly the best waifu  what are you talking about) sure, go for it. But I feel like mixing those two genres can't go well without either one taking control of the other or IS alienating its old fans. 

22 minutes ago, PlaYeRaNoN said:

A decade of waiting for the next home console FE, culminating into bathing minigames. *gross sobbing*

I'm going off topic with this so this will be tagged as spoilers, just feel free to ignore: 

Hide contents

Avatars are probably going to reappear, seeing how the latest games were popular it could be good or bad, depending on its execution. I don't mind marriage, but kids were shoehorned into Fates even if it made no sense ad it could happen again. Skinship behind popular in Korea and Japan I could have understood it's implementation in Birthrights, but the concept is overkill, at least to me. I know playing FE:Amie in the bus or in public place could have been really embarassing.

I mean if you want to make a separate, full blown dating sim about all your favorite characters (Forrest is clearly the best waifu  what are you talking about) sure, go for it. But I feel like mixing those two genres can't go well without either one taking control of the other or IS alienating its old fans. 

I don't have a problem with skinships and dating mini-games per-se.

I have a problem with the amount of resources the gamemakers put into developing skinships and dating mini-games, when they're putting out a game where the story is only 25% finished, whats written is sloppily presented + doesn't make any god-damn sense, and only 1 of 3 available routes has a full set of release-date-ready campaign maps.   

...Like...

If you have the time and the resources to give every character their own underwear model and kissy face, your dialogue and map design better be perfect.  

Or so close to perfect that you can justify dumping resources that could otherwise be going into writing and map design into underwear models and kissy faces.

That was the unforgivable sin of fates.

They put devil-know-how-much work into the skinships and the dressing room and shoving Camilla’s ass-and-titties in our face with every cut scene. And they didn’t have a finished game.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Makes perfect sense. More hygienic soldiers would be less prone to illness so of couse they'd be more effective.

Then we'd need a system to keep the faeces away from the food. Not something the Serenes Forest community would have any interest in, as I understand it.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I don't have a problem with skinships and dating mini-games per-se.

I have a problem with the amount of resources the gamemakers put into developing skinships and dating mini-games, when they're putting out a game where the story is only 25% finished, whats written is sloppily presented + doesn't make any god-damn sense, and only 1 of 3 available routes has a full set of release-date-ready campaign maps.   

...Like...

If you have the time and the resources to give every character their own underwear model and kissy face, your dialogue and map design better be perfect.  

Or so close to perfect that you can justify dumping resources that could otherwise be going into writing and map design into underwear models and kissy faces.

That was the unforgivable sin of fates.

They put devil-know-how-much work into the skinships and the dressing room and shoving Camilla’s ass-and-titties in our face with every cut scene. And they didn’t have a finished game.

So it's not the fanservice or dating sim aspect that bothers you so much as the fact that it comes at the expense of the core gameplay and story?  That's completely understandable.

One of the aspects of Fates that saddens me is how much of a mess the story is. The worst is that in an interview made before the game's release they praise Shin Kibayashi (the author of the story, an incredibly famous and busy guy who almost turned them down, mind you) as a godsend, and when I look at the end product I just can't help myself but wonder what went wrong. What is him, the developpment team, something else entirely?

Edited by PlaYeRaNoN

2 hours ago, PlaYeRaNoN said:

and when I look at the end product I just can't help myself but wonder what went wrong. What is him, the developpment team, something else entirely?

I think I read somewhere that the story was Shin Kibayashi's first draft, and the development just went with it, changing very little. As a storymaker myself (not really a writer; I just come up with stories), that was a mistake. Stories must go through countless draft before they are perfected. So, I blame Intelligent Systems for taking a half-baked plot and pretending it was finished.

On 25/05/2017 at 7:57 PM, Rex Glacies said:

I think I read somewhere that the story was Shin Kibayashi's first draft, and the development just went with it, changing very little. As a storymaker myself (not really a writer; I just come up with stories), that was a mistake. Stories must go through countless draft before they are perfected. So, I blame Intelligent Systems for taking a half-baked plot and pretending it was finished.

Do you think this will become a trend? The worst is that they had good concepts and ideas- this could have been awesome if only they had improved on them and executed the story in a more coherent way. Gods, is Revelations a mess.

Spoiler

People die left and right for no reason (Izana, wtf), recruitments often make no sense, because who would believe Corrin's asinine arguments for them to desert their country, especially at the beginning. (See chapter 10 with Takumi as an example.)

And that's just a couple of things that are wrong with this storyline- but I probably just telling you things you already know.