Member Badge Revival (WIP)

VincentASM

OK, I added overlays back in. I figure I'll let everyone be guinea pigs, since I can't possibly check the entire forums for bugged badges.

About the potential Twitter bug, I'd probably post in one of Jyosua's topics. I'm... not actually a coder or anything : P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

OK, I added overlays back in. I figure I'll let everyone be guinea pigs, since I can't possibly check the entire forums for bugged badges.

About the potential Twitter bug, I'd probably post in one of Jyosua's topics. I'm... not actually a coder or anything : P

Ok, I'll post screenshots there

Sorry I didn't get to your post Vincent, I wasn't around until now. Anyway, I'm on Safari and I'm actually seeing all the badges centered now, so I'm not having any issues on my end.

13 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Hey Jyo, do you intend to change the max avatar dimensions to match the badges' 125px width?

I can do that later on, I think.

On a side note @VincentASM, all the badges seem to look good to me now.

11 hours ago, Jyosua said:

I can do that later on, I think.

On a side note @VincentASM, all the badges seem to look good to me now.

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Sorry I didn't get to your post Vincent, I wasn't around until now. Anyway, I'm on Safari and I'm actually seeing all the badges centered now, so I'm not having any issues on my end.

Phew, that's good to hear. I ended up using an old friend of mine: tables. Sure, they're clunky as heck, but I think most browsers know how to render them properly XD

It feels weird that I never had any trouble with the badges.

But are the Cipher badges gonna return though? As in the whole normal badge -> allegiance becoming the Cipher version. I'm not particularly fond of the regular Ninian badge.

30 minutes ago, Leanne. said:

It feels weird that I never had any trouble with the badges.

But are the Cipher badges gonna return though? As in the whole normal badge -> allegiance becoming the Cipher version. I'm not particularly fond of the regular Ninian badge.

That's the end goal, but it's looking very tough to implement.

Basically, the allegiance-specific badges work on the modernised Version 2 of my badge code, but I had to revert to the primitive Version 1 after the forum upgrade.

Unfortunately, the forum upgrade got rid of the tools I need to get Version 2 working (or hid them somewhere really, really good), so I'm wracking my brains here : /

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That's the end goal, but it's looking very tough to implement.

Basically, the allegiance-specific badges work on the modernised Version 2 of my badge code, but I had to revert to the primitive Version 1 after the forum upgrade.

Unfortunately, the forum upgrade got rid of the tools I need to get Version 2 working (or hid them somewhere really, really good), so I'm wracking my brains here : /

Oh... I see. Damn, that sucks though.

also pm