Member Badge Revival (WIP)

VincentASM

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else, but all the badges minus the staff badges appear to be misaligned.

All of them? Do they all seem to have a Alliance (Hoshido/Nohr/Lycia/whatever) displaying? There's alignment code tied to that, which may be part of the issue if you have security set to block that particular element.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Elieson said:

All of them? Do they all seem to have a Alliance (Hoshido/Nohr/Lycia/whatever) displaying? There's alignment code tied to that, which may be part of the issue if you have security set to block that particular element.

Just by looking at the posters here, it seems to be all non-staff members. My badge alliance was set to Hoshido before the forum update and it's offset, along with the other people who posted here who have an alliance. But users like Sock and Jeheza (whose badges just say member) are showing the offset for me to.

I can show you a screenshot of what I'm seeing if you get on Skype.

16 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Known Bugs

If you don't have a Member Badge or Allegiance selected, your member badge/allegiance may not display properly. In fact, I have no idea how you can have them NOT selected--and equally no idea why the failsafes don't kick in.

Update: Not having a Member Badge of Allegiance selected is very screwy. I dunno how to fix this right now.

If you'd like, you can set the allegiance to being a required field and I can force change everyone who doesn't have a selection to the default value.

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else, but all the badges minus the staff badges appear to be misaligned.

Can you post a screenshot?

What Internet browser/version are you using?

3 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I don't have Chrome on my iDevices, but with the Google search app, they are still here (and the crew badges don't appear)

I'll have to check on a tablet later. I've got an iPhone 5, 6 and 7 that use Chrome and Safari all on the latest version, and I've not had the badge issue for people that have an existing Badge/Allegiance selected. Tablet isn't Mobile though, per se. Might be something there

I believe the standard badge that Florete runs is hard-set to operate normally like that. Star's badge appears normally. FionordeQuester's allegience and Cynthia's allegience don't exist, causing their displacement. Vaximillian (you) appear to have a "Do Not Use" as your option, which functions properly.

Not 100% sure on Fionorde though, so dove into the code. Looks like no Allegience is selected. 

34 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'll have to check on a tablet later. I've got an iPhone 5, 6 and 7 that use Chrome and Safari all on the latest version, and I've not had the badge issue for people that have an existing Badge/Allegiance selected. Tablet isn't Mobile though, per se. Might be something there

Weird, my iPhone 7 has issues on Safari:

IMG_0329.PNG

Your badge doesn't appear either (same for Vincent, and Joshua). It is on iOS 10.0 I think. I never updated it. 

OK, I made a noticeable adjustment to the badge code. This *should* fix the alignment problems.

NOTE: I have not added anything to account for missing images. Still need to figure out a way to solve that problem...

As usual, feel free to report any problems.

Oh, before I forget, if using the mobile skin, badges may not display. This is not a bug, but the forum trying to make the forums less busy. Previously, I forgot to set it so custom member badges had this behaviour (it worked for staff badges).

Edited by VincentASM

I changed my theme from the Night Forest to the Default Serenes skin and the badges look fine. I assume you'll get the badges to work on the other skins, right?

I'm using Safari Browser by the way.

Edited by Leif

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

This is getting out of hand:

1.png2.jpg

Looks amazing.

You got a link to the post or the topic?

I can imagine why that happened, but I dunno how it happened.

1 minute ago, Leif said:

I changed my theme from the Night Forest to the Default Serenes skin and the badges look fine. I assume you'll get the badges to work on the alternative skins, right?

Yeah, after I've ironed out all of the kinks. Which apparently is gonna take a while XD

Just now, VincentASM said:

Thanks. I'm just gonna turn off overlays until I figure out the cause.

Pretty sure the badges themselves work fine.

I can't tell, I don't know HTLM and such, but even even the posts were bugged (but seems to be working now) and there was a single character per line, so each post was huge.

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I can't tell, I don't know HTLM and such, but even even the posts were bugged (but seems to be working now) and there was a single character per line, so each post was huge.

It's 'cause the forum compiles HTML from various sources, including the member badge template.

For some members with bugged allegiances, the closing table tags don't appear, which messes up every other table in the topic, to disastrous/hilarious results.

I fixed this by adding the closing tags after the IF statement (in the test skin), so it shouldn't break the forums anymore even if your badge is bugged. All will happen is that no badge appears.

Edited by VincentASM

That was pretty hilarious indeed :lol: 

Also, I have a little bug on some twitter # links, when I click on it, the whole thing disappears. Maybe my browser i just messed up, he's bugging with some add-ons I downloaded.

Like on this post:

When I click on the #FEHeroes, the tweet disappears.