Serious question regarding Warriors

Tolvir

Alright, I really want to ask this question because I am really curious.

Ill be completely honest, I really dont like Warriors games. Something about killing 60+ enemies in a few hits is just too ridiculous for me. Even as a fan of games like Diablo where you are flooded with enemies, I can take only so much ridiculousness. Its what has kept me from playing any Warriors game in the past. Seeing Chrom kill what has to be 100+ soldiers with essentially a shortsword is just too much. I will probably buy it out of a love for Fire Emblem, but it will likely sit on a shelf.

So I am curious what people see in the games. What draws you to Warriors, what makes it fun for you?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good way to let off some steam in my opinion. I don't like watching videos of Warriors games, but I love playing them. The original warrior games (not crossover games) are based on historical events, so if you enjoy history like me, it can teach you a lot of cool stuff. It makes learning history fun (you just need to know that some of it is fiction for entertainment purposes, but the battles did happen and the generals/officers did participate in it.

The battles are a lot more fun on harder difficulties and/or a lot of mission objectives. I also like how each character has a distinct personality and style as well, and there's plenty of characters as well. Plus, every character has their own signature moveset, which is impressive with a game with a large cast.

I've only played Hyrule Warriors Wii U and 3DS, but from those games alone it was a blast. Personally I like trying to get an A rank on everything, collecting all the skulltulas/hearts/weapons, and just having fun destroying enemies. Playing with two players is also fun, especially when you're just dicking around with the enemy AI or trying to finish a map together with a high rank.

Like the poster above, the harder the difficulty the more fun it is. There's a lot more to it than mashing the "A" button. Ever been surrounded by a dozen King Dodongos? Good luck trying to kill all of them with just the "A" button.