Serious question regarding Warriors

Tolvir

For me, I love Hyrule Warriors (and very much enjoy other Warriors titles) for a similar reason that I like Super Smash Bros. I can play as a variety of characters I love while having a quick, fun, and easy time (aside from the much, much more difficult later Adventure Mode Missions). Its also fun to explore the different scenarios you can be placed into during the game. However, overall, I just love having a pick-up-and-play game to play as some of my favorite characters from games that definitely aren't typically seen as 'pick-up-and-play' (as well as playing as characters you rarely get to play as, for example getting to play as Medli, Marin, or Midna in Hyrule Warriors when you can't typically do so in the Zelda series) not to mention its fun just to beat down enemies like a boss.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:54 AM, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

This plus the fact that it will be nice to see Fire Emblem characters elsewhere (in HD furthermore), and on a big battlefield with thousands of enemies for once. The story in Hyrule Warriors seemed pretty good also, even if it's not cannon.

I'll be honest, regardless of what Aonuma said, I still consider Hyrule Warriors more 'canon' then frickin' Tri Force Heroes and its ridiculous setting & story while the story of Hyrule Warriors fits most the other Zelda games far better..I just consider it to be in a splinter timeline akin to the alternate 1985 where Marty's father is a successful author due to all the time shenanigans in it that likely made Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker change due to interference.

Edited by Deva Ashera

On 1/30/2017 at 6:15 AM, Jedi said:

Warriors games usually put the map objectives with the "tactical" aspects although there are some Warriors games that focus more on tactical aspects but thats more like the Empires subseries. (Dynasty Warriors Empires or Samurai Warriors Empires usually has you being a Lord and you try to conqueror all the play maps in the game, much like Koei's actual tactical games Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition). 

Koei does know how to do tactical stuff, and I am thinking they'll be doing some kind of bonus mode with the FE styled gameplay, but thats just me going off what they did for Hyrule Warriors adventure map.

That is interesting, never knew that about the series.

Thanks for the answers everyone, after reading the replies I am a lot more hyped for this game than I was before. Kind of the reason I made this topic, so it worked.

I have heard a few things about multiplayer, what type is it? Is it a PvP type gamemode, or is it more Co-Op based?

Edited by Tolvir

Only a few games ever in the dynasty warrior series had a pvp aspect, its mostly a co-op mode, its pretty handy since you can have two people at different places when an objective is asking you to go to both at the same time.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Only a few games ever in the dynasty warrior series had a pvp aspect, its mostly a co-op mode, its pretty handy since you can have two people at different places when an objective is asking you to go to both at the same time.

Ok cool, I tend to prefer co op anyway unless it is a strategy game, like Fire Emblem or a Civilization game. 

Warriors Orochi 2 did have a VS mode that was like the original Dynasty Warriors game (A 2D Fighter), but yeah its mostly co-op, unless its that or the Free to Play online game.

On 1/30/2017 at 5:56 AM, Kirie said:

I've never played a Warriors game, so I'm going into this completely blind. I'm not really expecting a lot of strategy based on what I've seen of Warriors gameplay, but it seems like it would be a good time, and I'm a sucker for most everything with FE characters in it.

There's tactical elements. It's just less about combat strategy and more about location. You can kick everybody's asses with blind flailing, sure, but you can't be in two places at once so you need to plan out your moves and prioritize important points.

Edited by Anomalocaris