Potential Support Libraries in SoV

With Shadows of Valentia potentially improving on and/or expanding on Gaiden, it had me thinking about supports.

By no means are supports confirmed or disconfirmed, as we have little information to go off of, but I imagine most of the community interested in SoV would like some sort of support system to be introduced, in order to give the characters more/better characterization and development.

This got me wondering, what characters from Gaiden's original cast could have plausible, interesting supports with each other?

For the sake of consistency, let's assume a C-A support system similar to GBA and PoR Fire Emblem, without marriage but with potential for paired endings. 

I'll start with some obvious ones:

Alm and Celica: This support could highlight their different opinions and attitudes on war and conflict, and further develop their relationship with each other. However, issues with the support could come from the fact that they are together only very briefly in Gaiden.

Whitewings with each other: They are sisters. I'm sure IS could make something work.

Zeke and Teeta/ Cleive and Matilda/ Clair and Gray: All canon pairings from Gaiden, but said characters had very limited interactions, due to Gaiden's small script.

I have plenty more ideas, but I'd like to hear what others think first.

Some more relatively obvious ones:

Alm/Robin and Clair: Robin also tried to get with Clair in the endings IIRC, where it was stated Clair had Catria syndrome for Ma.. Alm too.

The villagers together and Alm: seems fairly obvious.

Genny and Celica: apparently known each other at the Shrine for some time.

Saber and Genny: I believe it's implied they get together in the ending.

Luthier and Delthea: siblings.

Mae and Boey: rivalry.

Jesse and Est: seems a little too keen to rescue her tbh.

The other obvious ones being Valbar and his team and Cleive and his with each other, Mycen/Alm, Nomah/Celica.

Edited by Tryhard

These are really good! I imagine Kamui and Jesse and Saber and Jesse could work too, since they go with him to the desert in the end.

Maybe Sonia and Nomha? They could talk about her sisters and Judah, and what it was like growing up with them. I feel like that could be a good serious support with lots of worldbuilding.

Besides May and Boey, I could see a Boey and Nomha support. Maybe Boey gets caught slacking off, and Nomha acts as a stern but caring teacher figure? Kind of like Colm and Moulder from SS.

I think part of the fun of imagining supports like this is what they would be about. It's implied Saber and Genny get together, but what would they talk about? What would be their dynamic? Stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, Megapikman132 said:

These are really good! I imagine Kamui and Jesse and Saber and Jesse could work too, since they go with him to the desert in the end.

Maybe Sonia and Nomha? They could talk about her sisters and Judah, and what it was like growing up with them. I feel like that could be a good serious support with lots of worldbuilding.

Besides May and Boey, I could see a Boey and Nomha support. Maybe Boey gets caught slacking off, and Nomha acts as a stern but caring teacher figure? Kind of like Colm and Moulder from SS.

I think part of the fun of imagining supports like this is what they would be about. It's implied Saber and Genny get together, but what would they talk about? What would be their dynamic? Stuff like that.

I can see the Saber/Genny dynamic being similar to Julian and Lena. A rough-around-the-edges guy ends up with a goody-too-shoes girl can be their dynamic (since he's associated with pirates and she's a cleric.) Whatever they talk about, it better not be about some freaking pies and then bam I love you. unless the pie is that bomb though

Other than the obvious ones that were talked about in their epilogues, there could be ones that come out of nowhere since the original didn't have a lot of script in the first place. A Sonia/May rivalry could be hilarious IMO.

And the new girl Effie/Elfie/whatever they call her could have supports with Alm and the other villagers. Maybe a romance with Cliff since it seems like they're both going the mage route. Possibly romance with Luthier or befriend Dyute/Delthea. Who knows.

I just hope Python gets some good supports. With a name like that, he's gotta have a cool backstory.

12 minutes ago, Megapikman132 said:

Regarding Sonia, I could see her having supports with Mae, Boey and Celica: she doesn't seem to speak much in the original, but she may act as some kind of mentor towards these three due to Sonia being a more experienced mage(with the Boey one being perhaps a bit "comic") . With Celica they could go a bit further, making them talk about Duma and Mila, since - considering who is Sonia's father - she may have had some experiences as a Duma's priest.

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Maybe Dethea and Sonya? In the original epilogue Delthea seals her magic away, maybe a support with Sonya could help her see her magi as a blessing instead of a curse

That sounds like it could be awesome. The only issue is that they are on different routes, so they only meet one time in the entire game.