Halberdier Skill

In the Tellius series alone, soldiers have a promotion to halberdiers, lance-locked foot-units. While writing a story for a Sacred Stones setting, I found myself wanting to add an allied soldier unit to the party, which would mean I'd probably have a halberdier at some point.

This is the question: all single-weapon second-tier units in Sacred Stones either have a heightened crit rate or a special Skill (like Sure Shot or Pierce). While halberdiers do have heightened crit rates in Tellius, I'd like to hear ideas for potential Skills this halberdier class could have.

An enhanced crit rate might work to make them a lance parallel to Berserkers and Swordmasters. I *think* their crit rate was a bit lower than Sword Saints in Tellius though, so it might not be a perfect fit.

Pierce might be a decent skill for them. It's fitting for a unit that exclusively uses stabbing weapons.

Edited by Slumber

Well, the first skill I came up with was "Cleaver" which would work similar to bishops slayer skill except this version would be "effective against horseback units". I mean, there is already axe type weapon halberd that has the same effect so maybe halberdier could utilize the skill with lances. It might be a little OP though.

20 minutes ago, Jeheza said:

Well, the first skill I came up with was "Cleaver" which would work similar to bishops slayer skill except this version would be "effective against horseback units". I mean, there is already axe type weapon halberd that has the same effect so maybe halberdier could utilize the skill with lances. It might be a little OP though.

Sacred Stones has a horse-slaying lance (...I think it's called the Horseslayer).

Hm... in Sacred Stones itself, it might be underwhelming, if anything. [Monster]-Slayer is so good because there's so many monsters in the postgame. The only postgame horse enemies are Tarvos, who tend to wield axes anyway.

26 minutes ago, Jeheza said:

It fits with the name and the role, though.

50 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Sacred Stones has a horse-slaying lance (...I think it's called the Horseslayer).

Hm... in Sacred Stones itself, it might be underwhelming, if anything. [Monster]-Slayer is so good because there's so many monsters in the postgame. The only postgame horse enemies are Tarvos, who tend to wield axes anyway.

hmm. yeah, didn't account the post game that much. I also forgot that Horseslayers exist in the game, my bad. Been too long since last time I played FE8