FE Heroes Artists (Complete Through Familial Festivities)

The Geek

1 minute ago, OakTree said:

I don't see that happening, big profile artists rarely do work for games (Unless they're in charge of drawing way more things than two or three characters) and TCGs, most of the time it's better to hire freelancers and doujin artists.

Isn't Akira Toriyama like a freelancer already? I mean who else is maintaining the artstyle of Dragon Quest?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Pretty sure Toriyama can get all the profit he needs off Dragon Quest, it's a really huge thing that he's worked on since the series started.  DQ sells like hotcakes in Japan, after all.

He is also, obviously, the mangaka of Dragon Ball, and that series is currently in the middle of a revival. So, yeah, not happening.

...I don't follow a lot of artists, but maybe Tsunako could do one of the cuter characters. She may be a bit too bishoujo for this crowd's taste, though. :D:

Just now, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I can't, but I do know it's in the first trailer that shows off the heroes of the game.

I have another question for you if you'd be so kind. What do you think of places like fire emblem reddit? Are they a haven for veterans, newcomers, mixed? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should join.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

9e2d62e22a.jpg

Beautiful.

8 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

I have another question for you if you'd be so kind. What do you think of places like fire emblem reddit? Are they a haven for veterans, newcomers, mixed? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should join.

I actually don't know, I never visited it.

Also, Senri Kita's Ryoma art there furthers my belief that he looks more like an armored hedgehog than a lobster because dat hair.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't really see your point, as that's not my post... But I do somewhat agree with it, honestly, since I'm also someone that dislikes Blazing Sword's story and think people praise it too much. I also think the newer games are hated on a bit too much too, despite that I'm not as fond of Awakening as I was before. Fates isn't a top favorite game either, but I liked Birthright enough. Aside from Tellius, I don't believe the series ever truly had excellent writing either. Somehow, Tellius is just the diamond in the rough and had so much more world building and characterization than the others in my eyes...

I do have experience on a different part of Reddit, btw, but it wasn't a good one. I prefer to stay away.

Edited by Anacybele

Updated the OP with the new information.  Couldn't find anything on the artist for Arthur (I thought it was the artist for Codename STEAM but it doesn't look like it.  The artist might be using a pseudonym for this game possibly.)

Mendako is a staff artist at IS, and she did the Cipher cards for Arthur way back in series 2. And yes, she is the same artist that did Code Name STEAM.

Edited by Hardin

23 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Mendako is a staff artist at IS, and she did the Cipher cards for Arthur way back in series 2. And yes, she is the same artist that did Code Name STEAM.

Okay, thanks!

On 2017-01-28 at 2:26 PM, Dinar87 said:

This post had over fifty upvotes btw!5q5Xaus.png

Why are you so obsessed with that post? You linked it in the Echoes subforum too. I suspect you didn't write it, so what's the deal? 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Why are you so obsessed with that post? You linked it in the Echoes subforum too. I suspect you didn't write it, so what's the deal? 

Because it's an example of an interesting post that can create discussion within the community as to whether other veterans agree with this guy. Because it kind of sounds like he's going "awakening and fates' fans, as a hardcore veteran, I can tell you that the stories of the older games aren't that good and are greatly exaggerated" and I was wondering whether people here would agree with that or disagree. I personally think that, just because the stories were never skake spear tier doesn't mean they're not good and it certainly doesn't mean the series shouldn't try to improve itself and its stories.

Just now, Dinar87 said:

Because it's an example of an interesting post that can create discussion within the community as to whether other veterans agree with this guy. Because it kind of sounds like he's going "awakening and fates' fans, as a hardcore veteran, I can tell you that the stories of the older games aren't that good and are greatly exaggerated" and I was wondering whether people here would agree with that or disagree. I personally think that, just because the stories were never skake spear tier doesn't mean they're not good and it certainly doesn't mean the series shouldn't try to improve itself and its stories.

Sounds like you didn't even read the post you quoted because the guy joined just the way I did, creepily enough, via Awakening entirely on a whim a few months after its release. Also, do you seriously get the impression he doesn't want the stories to improve?

More importantly, however, I wouldn't go around posting someone else's opinion on another forum like this, especially on threads where it doesn't belong. Make a post on the General Fire Emblem subforum if this is a discussion you want to have, I say.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sounds like you didn't even read the post you quoted because the guy joined just the way I did, creepily enough, via Awakening entirely on a whim a few months after its release. Also, do you seriously get the impression he doesn't want the stories to improve?

More importantly, however, I wouldn't go around posting someone else's opinion on another forum like this, especially on threads where it doesn't belong. Make a post on the General Fire Emblem subforum if this is a discussion you want to have, I say.

Fine I'll stop doing these sorts of things in general.

3 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Fine I'll stop doing these sorts of things in general.

If by "doing these sorts of things in general" you mean bringing up random Reddit comments in unrelated threads, then good. Again, if you want to discuss what the bloke wrote, just make a new thread in the General forum.

By the way, you still haven't explained what you meant by Heather having more depth than all 3DS characters, so if you want to do that, please reply to whatever thread that was or send me a PM.

Edited by Thane

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM, The Geek said:

AKIRA (Can't find anything):  Olivia

This is probably the same AKIRA who did Euryale, Stheno, and EMIYA (Assassin) in Fate/Grand Order.  That said, I have no idea if he's done any sort of popular manga or anything, or if he's just a popular pixiv artist.