Which game handled S-ranks/Legendary Weapons better? (FE6/7)

SnaggyDragon

Basically, which game do you think handled S-ranks/Legendary Weapons better?

Did you like how FE6 made you work for them?

Or did you like having them given to you at the end of the game as FE7 did it?

I prefer how FE6 made you work for them, and how getting the true ending involved getting them all. Made the weapons seem like a bigger deal, since there were chapters dedicated to getting them.

Just getting them all tossed at you always seemed lazy to me.

Edited by Slumber

I don't like either, but FE6 at least gave you a chance to use them in some form. By the time you get them in FE7, the game is literally over, but IIRC once you're on true ending route in FE6, you can use them however much you want for the last few chapters until they break.

You can use the FE6 holy weapons before as well, just as long as they don't break (and for some of them, it's advantageous to do so).

Which is why I prefer FE6's.  If it didn't gate the true ending due to this, it would be my favourite in the series (unless I'm forgetting something).

I like to think FE 6 handled the weapons better.  You had to work for them, they impacted the overall story, and you could train units to use more than one. (Multiple S ranks)  If the legendary weapons had more uses than 20 each, I'd be much happier, but that might make it too easy.

FE6. Aside from blocking the true ending,they are the best done. You can get them early enough to use them, they can't be used too early because you need an S rank, and anyone can use them, so you have a goal for your characters rather than just reaching the final chapter in FE7 and WHOOPS YOU CAN'T USE THEM! 

FE6 handled legendary better for pretty much the same reasons Augestein said; they're given early enough to be useful, you can't waste them without arena grinding because of their rank, and anyone can use them. I'd say the latter also helps because at least two of the legendary weapons you get in FE7 (Durandal and Sol Katti) are locked to people who really can't use them well.

FE6, no contest

I don't know what they were thinking with FE7's legendary weapons.

Edited by Gradivus.

Binding Blade without a doubt, by the time you get them in 7 the vast majority of them are completely pointless.  

Though in FE6, they kinds broke Chapter 24 in two, which is the opposite extreme.

(personally I think FE8 did better than both 6 and 7 with the Sacred Twins).

FE8, because it's kinda progressive, you get them as you progress through the game. FE7 was a little useless in terms of availability. And FE6 was just a 'guess work' on getting the gaiden chapters plus the weapons were unbalanced. and i mean, swordmasters + durandal is a little OP