Hello!

Luna of Dragonblood

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since ~2014; an artist I admire started to upload Awakening-related art, and it inspired me to pick the game up. I've played through Awakening a few times (on both normal and hard difficulties), and am currently (and slowly) working on a lunatic run...which inspired me to name my f!Robin "Luna" (thus the username :'D). Since then, I've started slowly (extremely, EXTREMELY slowly) working on completing Fates' three versions on lunatic (help me Conquest is a nightmare). Since then, I've looked into (but haven't played) Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn...I've been meaning to look into other games, as well, but haven't been able to figure out which game to look into.

I've been browsing the forums since Fates was released in the west, and have been extremely busy (read: shy), and kept putting off doing so properly. But, here I am now! I'm...not too sure what else to say? Ihopethiswasokay? I can't wait to get to talk with all of you!

Thank you for reading!

Hi Luna , Welcome to the forum ! :D 
Wow an artist ! Now im already curious hehe. ( kinda loves art ,especially FE realated ) Hope i can see some of your creations :3

Theres no rush really, just play the game and feel the FATES xD
I'm a Nohrian btw, and yes Conquest is hard an all. But thing is there are always ways (lol) to complete it. Just retry and plan all the things you do , being defensive is the great offense in my terms. And if you dont mind getting some children , then so be it. I recommend med difficulty first , if you are not that deep level thinker 
I only need to buy dlc's after getting all the characters and for Pvp competition.

Anyways.. Welcome to Serene Forest >o< and we hope you would love your stay 

Hello! We have sections here in the forums for asking advice for Lunatic mode and stuff, so feel free to ask for help if you need it. (They can be quite challenging). If you don't know which other older games to look into, give a go for Sacred Stones or other GBA games if you have a chance.

Welcome to the Forest Luna. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

2 hours ago, LordTemps said:

Hi! Ah, well, initially, I was referring to a different artist entirely (am I allowed to link to someone else's account?)...but, I do draw, too. I recently switched computers and need to wait for a couple hardware pieces before I can return to drawing. I have a couple Fire Emblem-related pieces in the works...so I'll get working on those once I'm all set up again!

I definitely am feeling the weight of my fate when playing through Conquest. :'D I find my struggle isn't necessarily in terms of thinking/strategy, but I think some essential characters (Xander I'm looking at you) didn't get growths where I needed them. Thus making tanking/defending a lot more difficult... >:T I also only planned on playing through Conquest one time via a lunatic run (just to say I did it), since the story is painful in multiple senses of the word. But, we'll see how I feel after I manage to crawl through this first go-through.

I only am considering getting the kids for my Revelations run. All my pairs are ready for S-rank, but then I pause and just begin to...not...feel the urge to? I'm not sure if it's because I want to fill my log book first, or if it's because I don't want to use the kids at all. I enjoyed the addition of the child units in Awakening, but am finding no real desire for them in Fates. Is that strange? :'D

Thank you! I'm already loving it here~!

2 hours ago, Jeheza said:

Hello! I definitely plan on talking to people in that forum for some guidance...maybe even if just for motivational reasons? :'D I'll look into Sacred Stones next, then! Thank you!

2 hours ago, DuskDatShadow said:

Thank you! And, I think that was perfectly fine! :D

Welcome to the Forest, Luna of Dragonblood!

4 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I've been meaning to look into other games, as well, but haven't been able to figure out which game to look into.

I sincerely recommend you the GBA series. 

Also, I wish you the best of luck in your Lunatic playthrough. And yes, that's the only thing I can do about this matter.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thank you! :D And, it seems a lot of people like the GBA games; seems those shall be where I look to next! And, thank you again for the luck-filled wishes...I'm definitely going to need that. Got to chapter 20 of Conquest, stared at it for a minute, tried once, and stepped away because it's ridiculous. And, I'm already loving the community! Everyone's so nice haha! ;;

Welcome, Luna!

Nice username c:

Awakening was a lot of fun, Fates...well, it's still fun, just somethings about it are just so and so, as I'm sure you've noticed.

The thing about any lunatic run is you need to plan ahead of it, particularly with respect to who you'll want to make use of in your team and pairings. As was already mentioned above, there's a lot of help topics about it in the forums, and the community is very helpful in anything you can think to ask...so, don't be shy about it!

Finally, I'm not all that familiar with the majority of the series, but the GBA and GameCube games all seems very popular, so that sounds like a good place to go and have a look? The only game I can personally recommend besides Awakening and Fates would be Shadow Dragon, but...it's not that great; says the majority of people (read: probably everyone besides me).

Anyways, welcome once again, always nice to see another fan finally step into forest; have fun and enjoy your stay!

Thank you! I'm glad you like the username~ I like yours too! It's clever! :D

Ohhhh, yes...I've noticed the so-so things about Fates...definitely still fun, though!

I think I kiiiiiinda messed up a teeny tiny bit on the planning department for Fates...but hopefully I'll be able to push through! I do plan on talking to the forum and asking questions (I keep absently just looking around...forgetting I have, in fact, made an account until a bit later haha).

The GBA ones I've heard are pretty popular, so I definitely plan to look into them~ I'll check into the GameCube ones and Shadow Dragon, too! I mean, just because they're not popular within the fandom as a whole doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, you know? :D

Thank you once again! I'll definitely enjoy it here!

4 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Thank you! I'm glad you like the username~ I like yours too! It's clever! :D

The GBA ones I've heard are pretty popular, so I definitely plan to look into them~ I'll check into the GameCube ones and Shadow Dragon, too! I mean, just because they're not popular within the fandom as a whole doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, you know? :D

why thanks c:

and that's a...pretty great way to look at things, actually. I tend to be far less critical about things than most, so my own judgement of it is really just "fine" but every one has their own opinion of it. Well, if you do try it, I certainly do wish you'll enjoy it.

Good luck with your lunatic runs, I hope everything works out for you!

You're welcome!

Ah, thank you~ I think that each person should give something a chance before judging it, you know? It's totally fine that you have a less critical viewpoint--it let's you see things in your own way! And appreciate them as such, too. And each person's likes and dislikes make up a lot of it, too! I hope I enjoy it, as well!

And, thank you! I'm actually loading up Fates for the first time in a while to see where I'm at. Eep. XD Your luck-filled wishes are very appreciated/needed!

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

Hello! Greetings and all that.

Definitely have to second Sacred Stones as a game you should check out when you're done with Fates. It'll be a nice little break after going through Lunatic for sure haha. You'll probably want to play on hard though, because Sacred Stones is notoriously easy.

Awakening Lunatic is kinda bleh imo, but I like the game alright enough. For Lunatic Conquest, well, I hope you didn't use your Rescue staves :p the big thing that helped me out in Fates was making sure that I always unpaired at the end of the turn if I didn't need the stats or the shield gauge. Dual Strike is so much better than Dual Guard in Fates; it's pretty much the opposite of Awakening. Good luck!

Hello and greetings!

:D Oh, now I'm double excited to check it out (been trying to get back on track with a couple things, so I haven't just yet...I will once I settle down and have some time, though)! I usually like to play on higher difficulties if possible, but thank you for letting me know that! That's good to keep in mind.

I agree with you - I think Awakening's Lunatic is okay, too. The biggest challenge boils down to the first five chapters. Specifically, for me, Chapters 1 and 2. I definitely knew to keep those Rescue staves for Conquest Lunatic :'D I have to check what else I have at my disposal, too, but I'm only on Chapter 20 so I'm not quite ready to worry about it yet. I've also found that keeping most units in Attack Stance is way more helpful, too! Awakening, as you've noted, requires pair up. I still think that it's a pain to have certain things boil down to RNG, but I'm sure there are ways to overcome that. Also, thank you for the luck-filled wishes!

Welcome to Airport 1001! Remember to wake that slugabed up! 

Also, I think chapter 20 in Conquest is just plain awful. Btw, who are you using?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

...Oops I didn't! Sorry!

For Chapter 20, here's my intended roster (ugh having to LOOK at this map again makes me want to cry I hate Fuga's Nonsense Whirlwind Ride):

F!Corrin (Luna): Nohr Noble, LV 8

Azura: Songstress, LV 25

Silas: Paladin, LV 1

Jakob: Butler, LV 21

Gunter: Great Knight, LV 13 (solely there as Jakob's pairup buddy)

Xander: Paladin, LV 7

Laslow: Hero, LV 1

Camilla: Malig Knight, LV 12

Niles: Bow Knight, LV 3

Leo: Dark Knight, LV 7

Odin: Dark Mage, LV 6 (solely pairup for Leo...could never feed him any kills ._. I want Leo's magic higher rather than +Speed with Selena, though I may consider this)

Elise: Troubadour, LV 17 (I keep trying to feed her healing EXP yet I'm clearly failing at that :'D)

Effie: General, LV 3 (this is due to me being stubborn, really...I love Effie and wanted to take her throughout the entire thing)

Selena: Mercenary, LV 10 (solely pairup fodder...thinking for either Effie or Camilla...now maybe Leo)

@Levant Mir Celestia Sorry, I accidentally sent it too soon...edited it!

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood