Easiest Fire Emblem game

DarkDestr0yer61

Easiest Fire Emblem game   

117 members have voted

1. 1. Easiest Fire Emblem game (on classic mode)

• Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light.
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem Book 1
    • Mystery of the Emblem Book 2
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelations

On 1/30/2017 at 7:06 PM, Gustavos said:

Are we assuming the easiest available difficulty setting? Shadow Dragon isn't fresh in my mind but I imagine its easiest difficulty was built for babies given how much of a step up the other difficulties were. My answer would have to be FE7. It includes an offensive Lyn mode with unskippable tutorials guiding your actions against enemies that routinely possess no Luck or any stat that exceeds 5. But Eliwood normal mode pulls it up with tricky (usually FOW) maps. And I find its final chapter to include extremely intimidating enemies. But arenas break the game's difficulty. I get that a lot of players are too intimidated or too impatient to use arenas, but there are three of them not counting the Battle Preparations map, and they're spaced in a way you could raise more units to 20/20 than you would ever have to use. And the money you'd get for this lets you load up on silver, reaver, and killer weapons without ever having to visit a secret shop.

I would chalk up FE7 being on the easy side less due to arenas, and more to the fact that it has weak enemies, and the the fact that you're regularly given solid units as the game progresses. Cavs (including prepromoted ones such as Marcus), fliers, Hawkeye, Pent, and Harken, all exist to help trivialize the game.

Sacred Stones Easy mode I believe is the exact same thing as Normal with added tutorials, and a few less enemies in chapter 1-8. From 9 onward it becomes the same experience. I feel like people unfairly rate this game's easiness simply due to grinding, but it's not like stat boosters and promotion items are unmissable, or can be bought in shops like in other entries. In chapter 9B, you're already encountering sleep staves. And recruiting certain characters like Joshua can seem extremely risky and unfair to an inexperienced player. Arenas exist in this game, but there are only two and exist in the first half of the game where you've collected just a few promotion items.

There's more than just the grinding factor, though. There's also the generally weak enemies, and the fact that Seth can perfectly solo the whole game to an extent that he's often listed as a reason why FE8 is so easy. To say nothing of the fact that he's also hailed as one of the best units in the FE series.

Awakening is an easy game thanks to pair up mechanics allowing you to create an unstoppable force with nearly any combination of two characters, but I remember a lot of friends trying out the series for the first time, as well as youtuber playthroughs where the player routinely gets units like Lissa and Sumia killed due to a failure of not pairing up, not checking enemy stats or range, and not reading those helpful tutorials on the touch screen. To a veteran, awakening is child's play. We look up class skills and easily know what to do with seals, but it's clear awakening has far more mechanics to keep track of compared to previous games that a newcomer will make some mistakes. It's also notable that while finding enemies to grind is easy in the base game, earning money is not. You need to get by on small gold drops from skrimishes. And you need that money for seals and half-decent weapons.

As others have said, though, It's not so much as "child's play" on difficulties such as Lunatic.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:50 AM, CWGameplay said:

True.

The first time I blindly played the game I didn't use Seth because I was under the impression all jagens were terrible.

I was sorely mistaken, Seth can pretty much solo the game.

To be blunt, though, no Jagen is actually terrible. In fact, they're quite the opposite.

Edited by Just call me AL

On 07/03/2017 at 5:45 PM, komasa said:

I think it's the grinding, the maps and how it allows for so much Second Seals. Getting good RNG doesn't even matter so much as you can just level characters as much as you want to cap the necessary stats. And that's not even going into gamebreaking skill set ups. You can still get away a lot on Lunatic. Agree with what you said about Lunatic+ though. 

The grinding thing, I think, is a bit of a failed argument, and a symptom of a somewhat elitist mindset among FE fans. Abusing grinding that much is not how the average gamer plays. Almost every RPG allows grinding. Are all Shin Megami Tensei games piss-easy? Grinding does reduce the difficulty a bit, but not to the extent some fans claim unless you voluntarily break the game, since you can use underleveled characters more adequately, but abuse is abuse. Besides, arenas exist in the earlier games. The average gamer wants to get on with the story, and will grind only they are stuck or if they really like a character like Amelia, Ewan or Donnel. While Sacred Stones is indeed, to me, the easiest game in the series, Path of Radiance, which does not allow grinding, is a very close second, and much easier on Hard (if Maniac had made it over here it might be another story altogether) than Awakening on Lunatic+.

P.S. Sorry if I sound a bit too confrontational, and this comment is really not directed at you personally.

12 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Who's the person that said Thracia 776? LOL nope.

Probably someone trying to troll or be contrary. 

Personally I voted for Birthright because while Awakening and Sacred Stones might be easier over all, Birthright is the only game where I broke the difficulty curve by accident. In Awakening you at least have to put time into it, and Sacred Stones is just easy, not broken. With Birthright I just got the S-Supports I wanted and went and collected all the kids and when I went back to the main story I was severely overleveled and it never planed out again, even towards the end. Plus I didn't even use any class changing.

• 1 month later...

Counting only the hardest modes, the Western version of Path of Radiance is by far the easiest.

It legitimately confuses me how so many people find Sacres Stones easier. There's nothing resembling a challenge on the Hard mode of Path of Radiance.

TBH, I don't even find Maniac mode that challenging, but it's definitely enough to put it above the likes of Sacred Stones and Birthright.

I chose Sacred Stones, as if someone were to ask me what title I would recommend for a newcomer it would be that one. Sacred Stones is fun to play, and is easy even on Normal mode (I have not tried hard mode yet). The reason I would recommend SS over Awakening or Fates is that it introduces you to the tactics and strategy of the series, has sound map designs but it also does not cause you to rely on pair ups which could possibly be a drawback for someone who started with Fates and wanted to play say FE7 (Blazing Sword). SS also has a very good grinding option in the way of arenas on some maps and a 50 floored tower, something I would like to see again. It also has an intriguing story and likeable characters that while they fall into archetypes do not feel gimmicky or tropey. 

Now SS also has pretty much all the mechanics that any FE game should have, branch promotions, rescue and it almost has a canto skill for mounted units. Seriously canto needs to return for all mounted units I don't know why this is still ignored by the developers. Also while SS can be challenging it is perfectly doable and fun, while Awakening lacks creativity for most maps, and the battles in Fates feel like you have to do a scripted move set to get past them. Which is something I don't have to do in any other FE game. In short I feel that SS will do a better job of teaching a newcomer the basics of playing FE games than Fates or Awakening would.