The House of Romanov to rule over Kiribati... no, seriously.

blah the Prussian

41 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Legitimate monarch. Basically the only one with any kind of legal legitimacy, if America was to become a Monarchy.

Monarch nominates people, either Congress or the people can confirm it.

I too want democracy with checks and balances, but more secure checks and balances.

you have to realize the futility in elizabeth ii becoming a monarch, though? is there no other process in your mind? no other way to select a monarch?

that's already a presidential power (i remember your personal distinction already).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

you have to realize the futility in elizabeth ii becoming a monarch, though? is there no other process in your mind? no other way to select a monarch?

I think that in practice the way America will become a Monarchy is in the style of Rome in a century or so; people will lose faith in democracy, there will be widespread chaos, eventually the strongest General will become Emperor. I don't think it's likely, but it is the most likely way Monarchy comes to America. And, while I think that it would be the best way for the scenario I laid out to end, I would prefer that the scenario not happen in the first place. Thus, if I had a wand, the British monarchy would rule over America.

44 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

that's already a presidential power (i remember your personal distinction already).

But the President is elected and I don't want that, for reasons already stated.

• 4 months later...
On 1/30/2017 at 1:54 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

How is this going to happen, given that the Romanov family were all massacred at Ekaterinburg in 1918?

Not all, as was already said. Some people, such as the Grand Dukes Dmitri and Kirill, survived. There are still many legitimate family members.

"Go fuck yourself". Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck to Adolf Hitler

@blah the Prussian You have a great taste in historical quotes.

And if the Romanovs really are setting themselves up that way, maybe there is some hope for Russia yet.