Fire Emblem Storyshift

LordConqueror

What is Fire Emblem Storyshift?

Fire Emblem Storyshift is a ROM Hack made by me. It is based on the concept of "Undertale Storyshift" by Voltra the lively. (link to Undertale Storyshift)

Some new features would be:

- new classes (usually for unique characters, and will VERY likely have reused map sprites.)
- new events
- custom mugs (So far only reused and modified, but plan to make new ones)
- some custom weapon icons
- CGs (hopefully)

Many characters will change place, with some personality changes to them but keeping them in line with their original personalities.

Some characters will change roles, others will only change class, most will change both. For example, Lyn will still be the protagonist of her tale, but is a thief. 

Lyn's role in Eliwood's mode will be expanded, and characters who might have gotten less time in the original will get a chance to shine.

Unfortunately I still don't know how to edit CGs or take them out without crashing the game, so the CGs are the originals. You will also need to play the game with a safe file (I'll make it so that when you download the patch you download the save, because Lyn's Normal Tutorial is impossible to beat with Thief! Lyn).

Characters from other Fire Emblem games will appear, some with modifications to their story as to make it logical for them to be there. (Sigurd)

And that's practically it. Expect a new storyline for Eliwood's Tale, but Lyn's Tale will not change because it really wasn't necessary.

Also mention your 3 favorite characters from each game and I might put them in this hack as secret or crossover characters. So far only the Renais Twins and Sigurd are in.

Please give any (constructive) criticism.

Credits

Hacking
Finn1412

Hacking Related

-Xeld/Hextator: FEditor
-Nintenlord: Nightmare, GBAge, Event Assembler 
-Blazer: Ultimate Tutorial

All custom animations came from here. All credits to their original creators. Any ROM hacker should definitively see some of the animations here!

Downloads

I'll release a patch with Lyn's Tale (It will include an incomplete version of Eliwood's Tale). And later I'll release the full patch.

Here are some images (They might change though).

Edited by LordConqueror
Removing images

It's a fine starting effort. All romhackers must start somewhere, and a reskin is a good way to learn the ropes. Plus you have screenshots so that automatically puts this high up in the concepts already; far too frequently do people show up with ideas and nothing else. For suggestions, I'd recommend balancing the prologue so Lyn can clear it; a game that can't be cleared isn't exactly a good game.

39 minutes ago, Darrman said:

It's a fine starting effort. All romhackers must start somewhere, and a reskin is a good way to learn the ropes. Plus you have screenshots so that automatically puts this high up in the concepts already; far too frequently do people show up with ideas and nothing else. For suggestions, I'd recommend balancing the prologue so Lyn can clear it; a game that can't be cleared isn't exactly a good game.

I think I didn't write that correctly. Lyn's Tale is playable, but not the "Do this, then that" Tutorial. As the game makes it so that Lyn can kill the bandit in one turn, but a thief needs two-three turns, and that breaks the game. The save file includes Lyn's HM Tale, which can be cleared normally.

You can very easily remove Lyn's tutorials by applying a patch or simply removing the event data for the chapters. Also, Anna's right eye (our left) seems to have a random dark pixel and two transparent ones near it, you should fix those. Anyways, this seems like a typical crossover reskin, I hope you bring new ideas and change the gameplay (altering enemy locations, adding new weapons and so on) to spruce it up, but no matter what, I hope it gets finished, good luck.

Oh, and um, if you're going to use FE8/7 mugs, recolour them to the palette used by the game you prefer, it makes everything look a lot more cohesive.

And if you need any animations, map sprites, class cards or even spell animations (those are easy and I highly advise you to mess with the magic system) check out the Resources subforum here.

25 minutes ago, Kabby said:

Also, Anna's right eye (our left) seems to have a random dark pixel and two transparent ones near it, you should fix those. 

Fixed it. I always preferred SS Anna´s mug, but was messing with editing mugs. Still, it likely won´t be the final version.