Fire Emblem: The Stone Sun

Paladin Thomas

Hey everyone. Its Paladin Thomas here! So, I wanted to talk about a new Fire Emblem Hack idea I had.

FIRE EMBLEM:

THE STONE SUN

A Completely New Story centered around a new continent known as Alexdrega.

FEATURES:

5+ New Chapters!

At LEAST +15 New Characters!

New Maps!

New Supports!

New Features!

A Side Story!

I do hope this sounds interesting at the least. I'm extremely excited to begin work on this project. Hope to see you all later!

15 hours ago, Paladin Thomas said:

I don't see why not! ^_^

Edit: If i get permission, obviously xD

I'd recommend against doing this, it forces you to fit someone from an unrelated work into the game for no real reason. Considering concept threads (and ideas) are a dime a dozen, and saying "hey feature this character from my idea in your idea" doesn't really mean much to anyone, since honestly most people don't care about a concept until there's proof of work being done.

20 minutes ago, Paladin Thomas said:

First map.png my First attempt at the Prologue Map. :I

Couple notes:

If you're going to have a bunch of forest on the outside, try adding more variety with the tiles if possible.

You need something to break up the flat green in the center part.

The map is under the minimum size for GBAFE, which I think is somewhere around 15x10?

10 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Couple notes:

If you're going to have a bunch of forest on the outside, try adding more variety with the tiles if possible.

You need something to break up the flat green in the center part.

The map is under the minimum size for GBAFE, which I think is somewhere around 15x10?

I think arch said 15x10 was the minimum for FE7, but it was different for FE8 (Don't quote me, it's been over a year since I even looked into actual Rom Hacking)

Look at Primefusion's Map gallery, and probably some other galleries. Compare those maps to yours. I'm not saying that you should copy their maps exactly, but take inspiration on the layout of them: Tile placement, and layout of the map in general. Same with the portraits.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:20 PM, Paladin Thomas said:

I don't see why not! ^_^

Edit: If i get permission, obviously xD

Zim commented on this, and I agree with him. Cameos aren't that good, at least for the concept threads. 20 concepts may have the same character, but the chance of all 20 Rom Hacks making it out of concepts, with actual work being put into them is slim at best. I say it's always best to work alone until you have significant progress. No units created by others. No units used in other Rom Hacks. Just your units until you can actually get a release going. 

And if you don't take the advice from Zim, take it from me. Back when I had plans of Rom Hacking, I was to lazy to get anything done by myself. 90% of my mugs were recolors of Nickt's collection (as far as I know, recoloring was allowed, I can't remember). I made I wanna say a dime of custom portraits. I didn't make one map (Palette switches of Vanilla maps are good for PLACEHOLDERS, but not official maps, OR important maps), and the events were shoddy at best. If you start taking from others before putting any work in, you'll start to do it more and more until you take too much, and have no motivation to bring this out of concepts without forcing others to do the dirty work.

37 minutes ago, Attila said:

I think arch said 15x10 was the minimum for FE7, but it was different for FE8 (Don't quote me, it's been over a year since I even looked into actual Rom Hacking)

the size of a gba screen is 240 x 160 pixels

which is 15x10 if you divide that by 16x16 tiles.

38 minutes ago, Attila said:

(Palette switches of Vanilla maps are good for PLACEHOLDERS, but not official maps, OR important maps)

big ol' disagree; now you need to make your new project confirm to an existing map(which is why I was always against the idea of using a public/free for use map instead of making one or requesting one) instead of being allowed to be independent. Mugs are a different story, they affect basically nothing, but maps impact both gameplay and unit placement