Official Twitter Q and As (just 4 right now)

VincentASM

Straight from the owl's mouth.

Q. Can you recruit boss (enemy) characters from past games?

A. Some enemies can be recruited via the "(Great) Hero Battle" events. The first available one starts with "Na"... Please look forward to the rest!

[Editor's notes: Likely referring to Narcian from Binding Blade?]

Q. Is there a support conversation or marriage system?

A. Although it won't be available at the very start, there are various conversations between summoners and heroes, where you can deepen your understanding. Also, if you strongly develop a hero, a special bond between summoner and hero can be born, which is said to lead to friendship event(s)!

[Editor's notes: It seems like this functionality will be added in an update?]

Q. Can you raise a 1* hero to a 5* hero?

A. Yes, of course! We hope you train your Heroes via the "Awakening" mechanic.

[Editor's notes: You can boost the rarity of a hero by training them to Level 20+ and consuming items. Each time their rarity increases, their level and stats reset to the Level 1 stats for the new rarity.]

Q. Is there a log-in bonus?

A. Yes, we can confirm that there is a log-in bonus! It seems there will be a commemorative log-in bonus at the start of distribution as well!

Edited by VincentASM

Ahh nice, good to know. Thanks for sharing. 

So it looks like there will be sort of a player-to-unit support system after all, hmm? Interesting. Based on those other videos we've seen so far it seems as though each character has more personal dialogue than I expected... That was probably also a factor in the decision to save some heroes/series for later. 

EDIT: @Gima, I don't think they meant recruitable from the enemy side, I think they meant units who are enemy-only (as in nonplayable) in the games they're from. Ergo, Narcian would make more sense than Navarre, who is recruitable in the game he's from. 

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, Gima said:

Narcian? Why not Navarre, given that he appeared in the trailer and everything?

Because the quote said "enemies", not just characters in general.

We saw Narcian already as well, anyway.  It was during the Direct when they decided to briefly show some statscreens with voiced lines.  

Narcian's still a moron, however.  An amusing one, but a moron nonetheless.

21 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

EDIT: @Gima, I don't think they meant recruitable from the enemy side, I think they meant units who are enemy-only (as in nonplayable) in the games they're from. Ergo, Narcian would make more sense than Navarre, who is recruitable in the game he's from. 

Ahh.

Hope that means we can use our coins(?), or whatever they're called, from our MyNintendo accounts and use them for stuff like orbs. It would lessen the need for Microtransactions(which would continue to rise my favor with this game because the less of that crap, the better)! :Joshua:

2 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Hope that means we can use our coins(?), or whatever they're called, from our MyNintendo accounts and use them for stuff like orbs. It would lessen the need for Microtransactions(which would continue to rise my favor with this game because the less of that crap, the better)! :Joshua:

This so much, because I have so many platinum coins and I get 30 a week on top of that and being able to get orbs with them would be great.

I want to see Fire Emblem related rewards on My Nintendo beyond, let's say, orbs and such. I have over 2700 platinum points stocked up and hardly anything to do with.

Edited by Roflolxp54